The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• DecreasingDuchess
    DecreasingDuchess Posts: 68 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    Always take it seriously when the CO detector goes off. Get that fireplace checked out, because even if there were embers, the exhaust should have gone out the chimney.

I got to call 911 today. A person collapsed at a table next to me. Someone else responded first, but I saw what happened and went to help. The patient was non-responsive, but still breathing. The other person was trying to roust the patient by shaking his shoulder. I tried smacking his ankle. Nothing. I went downstairs where it was quieter and made the call. The dispatcher asked if the facility had an AED, and I went up to find out. They didn't, but I made another check on the patient. By this time, he had his eyes partially open and was somewhat responsive, which I reported. I told the person who was taking care of the patient that EMS was activated, and I was going back down to direct them. The team came quickly. The patient got an IV and was transported, and that's all I know.

Yikes scary stuff
    We had the fire department out. They checked on my boy too because he was complaining about a headache. He suffers form anxiety st the best of times and I'm sure being woken at 3 am and told get dress we have to leave the house didn't help. He's fine and still sleeping

We get our chimney cleaned every year. I read smouldering embers are one of the worst causes of carbon monoxide so from now on the flue stays open until the fire is completely out

@AliNouveau I know, that there's a hug button now but here's double ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))) because I am so glad, that you & your family're alright! <3:flowerforyou:

Awww thanks my lovely Duchess. My son kept saying how surreal the whole experience was. At least we know the furnace wasn't the culprit and he has to write an essay tomorrow and now has an unforgettable experience to write about

You're very much welcome, Ali!

That reminds me of when I wrote essays at school, I loved it as long as I was told what to write about because I wasn't good at figuring a subject matter, myself but yeah if something like this occurred to me during that time, I'd be using that experience also.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    MrThin13 wrote: »
    fs7ghl0ao910.jpg

My early birthday drink last night.
    44yrs old and going strong.

Happy birthday you're still a baby
  • AliNouveau
    Always take it seriously when the CO detector goes off. Get that fireplace checked out, because even if there were embers, the exhaust should have gone out the chimney.

I got to call 911 today. A person collapsed at a table next to me. Someone else responded first, but I saw what happened and went to help. The patient was non-responsive, but still breathing. The other person was trying to roust the patient by shaking his shoulder. I tried smacking his ankle. Nothing. I went downstairs where it was quieter and made the call. The dispatcher asked if the facility had an AED, and I went up to find out. They didn't, but I made another check on the patient. By this time, he had his eyes partially open and was somewhat responsive, which I reported. I told the person who was taking care of the patient that EMS was activated, and I was going back down to direct them. The team came quickly. The patient got an IV and was transported, and that's all I know.

Yikes scary stuff
    We had the fire department out. They checked on my boy too because he was complaining about a headache. He suffers form anxiety st the best of times and I'm sure being woken at 3 am and told get dress we have to leave the house didn't help. He's fine and still sleeping

We get our chimney cleaned every year. I read smouldering embers are one of the worst causes of carbon monoxide so from now on the flue stays open until the fire is completely out

@AliNouveau I know, that there's a hug button now but here's double ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))) because I am so glad, that you & your family're alright! <3:flowerforyou:

Awww thanks my lovely Duchess. My son kept saying how surreal the whole experience was. At least we know the furnace wasn't the culprit and he has to write an essay tomorrow and now has an unforgettable experience to write about

That reminds me of when I wrote essays at school, I loved it as long as I was told what to write about because I wasn't good at figuring a subject matter, myself but yeah if something like this occurred to me during that time, I'd be using that experience also.

Oh me too. This is for an entrance assessment for a school we hope to send him to next year. He's an amazing writer when he can get his brain focussed.
  • cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    fs7ghl0ao910.jpg

Happy birthday, brother. Hope you had a great one! 😁
  • DecreasingDuchess
    fs7ghl0ao910.jpg

Happy Birthday!
  • DecreasingDuchess

Yikes scary stuff

Oh me too. This is for an entrance assessment for a school we hope to send him to next year. He's an amazing writer when he can get his brain focussed.

Since your Son has a history of being good at this, then he'll definitely be accepted!
  • DecreasingDuchess
    cdubks88 wrote: »
    fs7ghl0ao910.jpg

Happy birthday, brother. Hope you had a great one! 😁
    fs7ghl0ao910.jpg

Happy Birthday!

Thank you all for the birthday wishes

You're very much, welcome!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    fs7ghl0ao910.jpg

Cheers, young man! 🥃
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    fs7ghl0ao910.jpg

Happy Birthday 🎁🎉🎉🎈
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Hey all!

Been a little busy with Holiday shopping/planning...and my eyes...yup...problem lingers
    Ive really leaned up my eating and even dialed back my work outs....only working out 4-5x a week now and overall feeling better
    (no clue what the scale looks like...but not focused on that)

Hope everyone is well!
    kim
  • AliNouveau
    kimber0607 wrote: »
    Hey all!

Been a little busy with Holiday shopping/planning...and my eyes...yup...problem lingers
    Ive really leaned up my eating and even dialed back my work outs....only working out 4-5x a week now and overall feeling better

Hope everyone is well!
    kim

Geez woman this eye issue. When will it get fixed????
  • AliNouveau
    Happy happy Monday!!!

I need to get gifts under the tree!!!!! But I need time to shop! This morning was spent taking the boy to an assessment at a school he hopes to attend, this afternoon visiting mom. I've told the boy I'll make cookies for his Christmas party Friday, need to find time for that. I told his class if they're desperate I can help tomorrow with something. Seriously I need to stop agreeing to things

At least my shoulder is getting better every day. I can use 3 lb weights now
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Hey all!

Hope everyone is well!
    kim

Who knows? All the allergy testing came back neg...so they shot me back to the eye Dr
    Im using an OTC eye wash am/pm as well as eye drops...so with this combo and wearing glasses....It probably just looks like I have normal eye bags..not super puffy red or as itchy/irritated! so thats a plus :)

Happy to hear your shoulder is coming along! Great news!
    Such a good mom making cookies for the class etc...
    My kids are beyond having me help or make cookies for or with them..LOL

This weekend they both had holiday parties w// friends and my responsibility was buying them a secret Santa grab bag gift to bring..LOL

I did force them yesterday out in the backyard for a 10 second photo shoot....In the past we did a professional photo shoot every xmas...but now im lucky to get them in the backyard for 10 secs with my camera....darn teen agers! My daughter literally ran away and back in the house after a few shots...

kim

• AliNouveau
    edited December 2019
    Hey all!

Hope everyone is well!
    kim

Who knows? All the allergy testing came back neg...so they shot me back to the eye Dr
    Im using an OTC eye wash am/pm as well as eye drops...so with this combo and wearing glasses....It probably just looks like I have normal eye bags..not super puffy red or as itchy/irritated! so thats a plus :)

Happy to hear your shoulder is coming along! Great news!
    Such a good mom making cookies for the class etc...
    My kids are beyond having me help or make cookies for or with them..LOL

This weekend they both had holiday parties w// friends and my responsibility was buying them a secret Santa grab bag gift to bring..LOL

I did force them yesterday out in the backyard for a 10 second photo shoot....In the past we did a professional photo shoot every xmas...but now im lucky to get them in the backyard for 10 secs with my camera....darn teen agers! My daughter literally ran away and back in the house after a few shots...

kim

Hahah. Gotta love kids eh
    Although my husband acts like you're trying to murder him if you ask for a picture.

I made the boy go get the secret Santa gift with me. We are lucky he didn't get the class bully for it as my child had some very interesting suggestions for gifts for him. Hahah

Keep us posted on the eyes. Hopefully they figure it out soon
  • Dakase83
    Dakase83 Posts: 2,524 Member
    36 oficially makes me "upper 30's", right??!
  • yhapvandijks
    yhapvandijks Posts: 2 Member
    49, will hit 50 in 2020. Wife and Mom of four (grades 7-1) ages 12 soon to be 13, just turned 11, almost 9 and 6, and Children/Youth Pastor , Sunday school Director (volunteer). Trying to stay healthy and struggle to get fit. Placed on pretty strict diet by Dr. Love life, my family and Jesus. This too shall pass.
    Good luck to everyone on this journey.
    God bless.