The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    drmwc wrote: »
    I am scared of my dinner tonight, which is in the slow cooker. My supermarket has started to sell California Reapers, so I plopped a couple into my chili con carne. This may have been a blunder...

It was fairly tame in the end. I put it on before going to work, at about 7 a.m.; and I went for a climb after work. So I only got home at around 10 p.m. - I suspect the 15 hours cooking time helped to dissipate the heat.
  • MudDancer
    MudDancer Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Ok...I need to get on track. Hubs has decided we should take a cruise in February. We're not good at planning ahead. This means beaches....it means lounging by the pool on sea days.....which means I need to be bikini ready. It's time to get serious

Same (kinda) Have a beach vacation in 5 weeks, scared to try on my bathing suit :|
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    kimber0607 wrote: »
    kimber0607 wrote: »
    Ok...I need to get on track. Hubs has decided we should take a cruise in February. We're not good at planning ahead. This means beaches....it means lounging by the pool on sea days.....which means I need to be bikini ready. It's time to get serious

sounds fun..any thoughts were you might go?

this weekend was OK..gorgeous weather in the NE...was going to hit the city with the kids...but of course they had other plans with friends...

My son is 'only' a Sophomore/16...he already took the PSAT at school and they are jamming summer opportunities and college tour/sat prep classes... already down our throats. He is my oldest, so I have no clue what is going on..ugh..stressing and trying to do a little research on line...

My diet has been OK and I have been working out 4-5 days a week but my skinny jeans no longer fit..as I can no longer wear them in public...crap...how did that happen so fast...
    so ive got to start taking a closer look nd clean up my diet and count every cal...darn!

Hope everyone has a good day!

We're looking at Easter Caribbean like st Thomas and st Maarten. We like those islands

Yikes for your son's school prep. Kids are worked so hard these days. We're off in a little bit for an interview at a school for my son for next year. Eek

Sounds fun! Years ago (in my 20's) went on a cruise to Barbados, St Thomas, St Martin...forget where else..but fun!!

So agree its a lot...just got another email about taking the PSAT again in Feb......
    ..tough getting him to communicate so we can grasp where his head is at, and what he wants to do (at 16..LOL)!
    He is currently in an intense computer science program...outside of that I have not clue what he wants to study or where he wants to go to school...its hard because its so abstract to him..
    In May he is going with his computer science program to Canada for a week they are getting a tour of Oracle/Q&A...see some colleges in the area

I guess well figure it out!
    have a good one

Wow. Nice. Where is Oracle in Canada? Haha.

I went for a run today and didn't die
    Also the school we had the interview at basically had already decided to accept him this was just to decide how they can best accomodate him so that's a yay and wow we're gonna be poor

Yup..supposedly Canada is a big hub for comp sci graduates/jobs....who knew?
    its a few hours away, but now he says he def doesn't want to go to school in Canada ...well glad I spent that money..sigh..LOL

Hope the school works out for your son..every kid is sooo different!! and kids are so damn expensive!

Ive never even tried to run....I feel my wimpy ankles would snap...maybe thats just an excuse

have a good day all

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Skated this morning. Need to do an exercise video this afternoon after I clean the bedroom and get groceries. I have to get this cardiovascular system back in better shape this break for the shoulder recovery has messed totally with that. Not a happy camper at all
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    My kids are back at school today. Our school years run from Jan to Dec - so we get a nice long summer holiday. But that is now over.
  • pamelina1010
    pamelina1010 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

Any working parents who also go to school? I finished my AA last year but gained 24 pounds in the process. Looking to change that as today my calculus and business law classes begin (pursuing Bachelor's in MIS). One is online and the other is 8am-10am W/F. I am so blessed my company allows flex time!

Does anyone have tips on how to balance parenthood with work, school, and health?

Hugs to all!
    Pam
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    I finally did it!!! Cardio class at the rink. It was torture. Man it's hard getting back into being fit but hey I am happy to help out anyone who's been down with injuries or life and want to get back at it and show it can be done. Just takes work. That's what this website is for isn't it? I think many lose track of that point and it becomes just another form of social media. So there you go it is possible to recover from Surgery in your 40s and get back active. Now..... how long it will take for the old cardio system to get back into shape is another subject
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I finally did it!!! Cardio class at the rink. It was torture. Man it's hard getting back into being fit but hey I am happy to help out anyone who's been down with injuries or life and want to get back at it and show it can be done. Just takes work. That's what this website is for isn't it? I think many lose track of that point and it becomes just another form of social media. So there you go it is possible to recover from Surgery in your 40s and get back active. Now..... how long it will take for the old cardio system to get back into shape is another subject

NICE JOB!!!!

Hey old peeps....so tired...Im the worst sleeper (yawnnnnnnn)
    Not much today...my daughter gets out early so im grabbing her and friends to come to the house and 'study'...thats the game plan
    My son has a bad cold but hates missing school.....he has a long day getting home after 5 so his afternoon is pretty slow on Wed so Im going to grab him around 2:30

thats all I got today
    have a good one all
    kim
  • neome0708
    neome0708 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    41 from California. Feel free to add me as a friend)))
  • pyro_guy7
    pyro_guy7 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My workout is usually just running up and down stairs liek a crazy person, jumping jacks and resistance band training for my back and arm muscles. I just don't really have the room to watch workout videos where the TVs are.
  • Tattoomama4440
    Tattoomama4440 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    39 and wanting to get healthier before the big 4 0! Always happy to ad new friends.
  • mworeilly
    mworeilly Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    sarahusher wrote: »
    39 and wanting to get healthier before the big 4 0! Always happy to ad new friends.
    Welcome!
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    pyro_guy7 wrote: »
    My workout is usually just running up and down stairs liek a crazy person, jumping jacks and resistance band training for my back and arm muscles. I just don't really have the room to watch workout videos where the TVs are.

Whatever works to keep you active.
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    41 year old, and OMG it's hard to lose weight now!!! Anyone can add me for support and to kick my butt :)
  • clord2
    clord2 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Happy almost Friday
  • mworeilly
    mworeilly Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    clord2 wrote: »
    Happy almost Friday
    And how!
  • navyvet56
    navyvet56 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Feel free
    fitin50s2 wrote: »
    Another middle-aged person here. Feel free to add me.

Feel free to add me. Not sure how to add friends?
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    navyvet56 wrote: »
    Feel free
    fitin50s2 wrote: »
    Another middle-aged person here. Feel free to add me.

Feel free to add me. Not sure how to add friends?

To add friends on MFP: (this is for the desktop app)

1) Click on the username in the left sidebar. A window showing the username will open.
    2) Click on the username again. The user's profile will open.
    3) Click on the "Add Friend" button on the user's profile page. There is an option to send a message along with the request. That's always a good idea - just a short note mentioning where you saw the user, some common interests or goals, etc.
  • AliNouveau
    edited January 2020
    Options
    ^^ what Steve up there said. It's always nice to include a message so the person knows your goals or how you found them. I decline 99% of requests without a message because I kind of want to know why we should be friends first

So ever have one of those days where everything is awesome? Good amazing news, class this morning was just two of us, figured out I can spin again, ran into people while shopping. Gonna do a stretch video to ease my muscles now and celebrate the good news tonight!
  • lillatina123
    lillatina123 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’m 47 looking to change my eating lifestyle to get healthy looking for others with the same goals for support