The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• NessXfit
    NessXfit Posts: 13 Member
    :) Hello all! Feel free to friend me
  • romerovess
    romerovess Posts: 2 Member
    Former skier here and activity buff...sidelined by car accidents....gained weight....I am getting back into things....I need u inspiring people
  • NikiWallace64
    NikiWallace64 Posts: 12 Member
    A solid week back after months off. 5# lost but that was some of what I gained when I “fell off the wagon”.
  • beaudinsy
    beaudinsy Posts: 1 Member
    Hello! Just joined back! I see yhe 40s coming way to fast and don't want tonstart that decade with all that extra! 50lbs is the goal! Won't be easy but nothing happens if we don't try! Have a good weekend everyone!
  • Well, I get to work on losing weight while we move! We've started looking at homes on the north end of our metro area; closer to Boyfriend's work, Girlfriend's school, and more splitting the difference between where his parents live and where my family lives. This is going to be interesting.
  • Highlifeman7930
    Highlifeman7930 Posts: 13 Member
    Looking for some lovely ladies to chat with
  • Forgot to eat lunch today. I have....never done that before. But this is proof of where I am in my relationship to food. I just grabbed a little bag of trail mix and had it in the car waiting for the realtor to show us a house, and that was okay. I never in a million years could have imagined that as being okay.
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Good morning, hope everyone had a great weekend. Time too get serious again! Been gaining lately instead of losing. Even maintaining would be nice since I am trying to build more muscle. Struggling with food since my surgery, but pretty much feel back to normal physically.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    mcemino2 wrote: »
    Good morning, hope everyone had a great weekend. Time too get serious again! Been gaining lately instead of losing. Even maintaining would be nice since I am trying to build more muscle. Struggling with food since my surgery, but pretty much feel back to normal physically.

I hear ya Mike!!! Too many good recipes I want to try. Coupled with surgery recovery as I know you have and all the other stuff in your life. I'm jumping back on the bandwagon with you
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 12,945 Member

Hope you're not gaining MUCH, and when you get recovery complete it comes back off easily. Weekend has been good so far - one more day to go, and I think I'll brave the roads and the "winter weather advisory" and get a few laps in on the ski hill. I need to work off all those bagels I had for supper last night that pushed the scale up a stupid amount for one day, but that's just what happens.
  • Mark46UK
    Mark46UK Posts: 29 Member
    Hi all plz feel free to add me 👍
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Have they called to book my thyroid biopsy? Why, no, they have not! So tomorrow I get to go rattle cages. Grr. I'd like to get this settled, I'm scratching myself bloody I'm so dry, and needless to say, weight loss is glacially slow when hypothyroid.

But even if I'm not losing fast/at all, I'm making good habits, and that's what matters.

Ugh..sorry trying too catch up on the last few pages....did u get biopsy scheduled? I had 2 biopsies and surgery a few years ago....hang in there!!

Hey peeps...happy Monday?!?!!
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Hello everyone.. has been a while since I’ve posted.. hope that people are doing well
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Hey it's Handy!!!!!
    So I need to get fit. I did about 50 minutes of cardio and legs today. Its amazing how good exercise can make you feel. Perhaps since I was planning on making and eating one of these inspired me more than feeling good k1d6b53swgo2.jpg
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Hello everyone.. has been a while since I’ve posted.. hope that people are doing well

Welcome back handy :)

Good morning Middle-agers.. may all your middle aged aches and pains be temporary, have a good week :)
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    edited January 2020
    Morning all!
    I have had 8 days with no climbing. My finger felt like it was on the verge of a pulley injury.

I can now load it without pain, so today will my first day back to it. I'm really looking forward to it.
  • mcemino2
    AliNouveau wrote: »

I hear ya Mike!!! Too many good recipes I want to try. Coupled with surgery recovery as I know you have and all the other stuff in your life. I'm jumping back on the bandwagon with you

Thanks Ali. I know we can do it! Not sure why someone would disagree with you?
  • mcemino2
    mtaratoot wrote: »

Hope you're not gaining MUCH, and when you get recovery complete it comes back off easily. Weekend has been good so far - one more day to go, and I think I'll brave the roads and the "winter weather advisory" and get a few laps in on the ski hill. I need to work off all those bagels I had for supper last night that pushed the scale up a stupid amount for one day, but that's just what happens.

Thanks. Would love to go skiing again! Even though our local hill is probably a bunny hill compared to what you are doing. Alas, since losing my son there is no one else to go with and I hate going alone. All my friends are the drink beer, watch football types who don't do anything physical.