The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• blevinsmichael06
    blevinsmichael06 Posts: 10 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    35 years old and kinda let my weight get out of hand. Only me to blame.. but since I have installed this app almost 2 weeks ago I am down 10lbs.
  • USAFProud
    USAFProud Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    5 years old and kinda let my weight get out of hand. Only me to blame.. but since I have I stalled this app almost 2 weeks ago I am down 10lbs.

You’re in the wrong group if you’re 5!!
    Lol 🤣
  • blevinsmichael06
    blevinsmichael06 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Bahahahaha I fixed it lol
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    USAFProud wrote: »
    Hello, all! I am 39+5 years old (made my sons promise not to make my a grandma before I am 40... so as far as they're concerned, I'll be 39 for a long time... )
    I am the mother of twin 20-year olds, had gastric bypass back in 2010 because my weight was out of hand and I was struggling. No regrets at all. I started to regain because of stress and a sedimentary job, so I am here to use MFP to get back on track. I am Keto for just about 3 weeks now, down 12 pounds, and it's helped with blood sugar issues and I am not hungry, so win-win... and I am feeling better, which is the most important thing.

A little about me, I am sarcastic, into metal and rock, have tattoos, and love crafting. My humor is very odd, so many ppl don't take to me. I just consider it weeding out the weak :wink:

I am straight forward and an open book, and always looking to make new friends.

I can relate to part of this. I’m 48, but I told my 21-year old he can’t give me grandkids until I’m at least 50. He told me on Christmas leave that I have two years to get ready!!

Good for you for getting on here to get back on track. It’s a pretty great group of people. Mostly!

You lucky people. I didn't get to tell my daughter when to make me a granddad. Have been that since 44 I think.
  • mcemino2
    mcemino2 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    TGIF folks. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Plan on getting some ice skating in at least once. What does everyone have planned?
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    Options
    mcemino2 wrote: »
    TGIF folks. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Plan on getting some ice skating in at least once. What does everyone have planned?

If the realtor gets back to me, looking at houses. If the realtor doesn't get back to me, a fun weekend of packing my sewing/craft room up.
  • YellowD0gs
    YellowD0gs Posts: 693 Member
    Options

Gonna spend some time preparing then watching some Superb Owls.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options

If the realtor gets back to me, looking at houses. If the realtor doesn't get back to me, a fun weekend of packing my sewing/craft room up.

ugh, packing. Its amazing how much stuff one can accumulate in a short time! And each time I've moved, its always been a need to do it quick, so instead of sorting and throwing stuff away, I'd end up throwing it in a box to deal with later. course, later still hasn't arrived......lol
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options

Yay for skating. I'm skipping skating this morning. Gotta curl tonight
    I have dinner with some highschool friends tomorrow one is having a tough time with family members being sick so she wants to go out for some fun. Sunday hubs will go to the basketball game and that's all we got
  • sarcstk1inct
    sarcstk1inct Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »

Omg I love the bold. Clever

Whatever it takes not to have to change diapers again.... :smiley:
  • sarcstk1inct
    Options
    kimber0607 wrote: »
    Hi and welcome
    After doing some calculations....Ive determined we are the same age :)
    In in Northern NJ and have an almost 15 yr old girl and 16 yr old boy

I was with you on Tatts, metal and rock..but bowing out at crafting..LOL
    No artistic creative ability at all....my daughter loves drawing/painting/sculpting though (didnt get that from me)

Great job so far w your weight!!
    Kim

Thank you! Weight is an issue for many in my family... bad habits taught from one generation to the next.... plus we're Italian.... pasta, bread, and vino.... so now, being keto, it's bacon, burgers, and vodka.... I can deal with that....

I am thrilled my kids are older... though with 2 kids in college at the same time, I'm broke... so it's cheap vodka.

And crafting keeps me sane. I crochet, knit, needlepoint, build things around the house, anything to keep my hands and mind busy.... :) Though I never said I was good at any of it... LOL

Thank you for the warm welcome!
  • navyvet60
    navyvet60 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello all I am new to my fitness pal. Feel free to add me.
  • sarcstk1inct
    Options
    USAFProud wrote: »

I can relate to part of this. I’m 48, but I told my 21-year old he can’t give me grandkids until I’m at least 50. He told me on Christmas leave that I have two years to get ready!!

Good for you for getting on here to get back on track. It’s a pretty great group of people. Mostly!

Thank you for the welcome... it does seem that the people here are pretty nice... and there is always one or two that cause drama in every group. It's to be expected :smile:

Just make sure your son knows he can't start trying till you actually turn 50... that gives you another 40 weeks to prepare...
  • sarcstk1inct
    Options

Date night with the fiance tonight.... followed by Netflix or finishing up season 4 of Vikings...

Tomorrow, I get the joy of having my pupils dilated for an eye exam... the ride home should be thrilling! Bright and sunny January in New England....

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
    Options
    I do historical reenacting (SCA) and that comes with crafting. So I've got tons of lovely fabric waiting for me to make self-supporting kirtles (and those dresses define the term body conscious!) when I reach my goal weight. But right now I can just pack that all up for the move. Most of the larger stuff for events is already tidily boxed, I'll just label it when we do the garage.
  • sarcstk1inct
    Options
    I do historical reenacting (SCA) and that comes with crafting. So I've got tons of lovely fabric waiting for me to make self-supporting kirtles (and those dresses define the term body conscious!) when I reach my goal weight. But right now I can just pack that all up for the move. Most of the larger stuff for events is already tidily boxed, I'll just label it when we do the garage.

I friend of mine does SCA as well... always trying to get me to go to a show, but I am not comfortable with the dressing up part... but I would LOVE to learn the older methods of crafting....
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options

We have tons of friends who are part of the SCA. They're always off somewhere camping in their period costumes or sewing something. I just like dressing up in spandex for figure skating haha. But I sure as heck don't sew it myself
    Options
    See, the dressing up is fun for me. The thing about it is that they aren't costumes, they're clothes. They're just clothes of another era. It's fascinating to put on clothes that fit you, that are made for you, of another era. Close as we get to time travel. They have to be clothes we can work in, because we do all the work ourselves, I've discovered that the little wrist slash closed with a button enables a woman to roll up her sleeves for washing and scrubbing, and that instep length skirts of a 3:1 fulness is a good amount to chase a toddler in without tripping.
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Hey all old people .....

soooooo tired.....I'm the worst sleeper-hahahahahaha....toss and turn allll night...help me when the big M hits...
    Tried all natural suggestions..yoga and meditation...melatonin.....too chicken to try ambien (ive never tried to get anything rx)

On that note...anyome have exciting weekend plans
    Im heading down to see my mom and nieces tomorrow with dd (live about hour-15 away)

Hope everyone is having a good day!

• bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    See, the dressing up is fun for me. The thing about it is that they aren't costumes, they're clothes. They're just clothes of another era. It's fascinating to put on clothes that fit you, that are made for you, of another era. Close as we get to time travel. They have to be clothes we can work in, because we do all the work ourselves, I've discovered that the little wrist slash closed with a button enables a woman to roll up her sleeves for washing and scrubbing, and that instep length skirts of a 3:1 fulness is a good amount to chase a toddler in without tripping.

I would find that to be a blast, but I don't think there's anything close to that around here. Even if it was as recent as the 1700 or 1800's frontier. The closest we have is a Ren faire that started up 2 years ago and runs in June. I have a blast and do dress up a little when I go, but its a lot more fantasy than truly historical based, so you get more comic con style costumes than much accurate to the period.

I love my rural state and hometown tucked away in the Appalachians, but I do sometimes wish for some things that can't be found anywhere close.

Such as Welsh - I'd love to learn Welsh, but I'm not all that great at self teaching, especially when it comes to another language, nor do I do real well with online learning, either. But Welsh isn't a common language to find classes for anyway, and there is nothing at all anywhere close. I know of a class that is taught in Pittsburgh, but that's a 4 - 5 hour drive, and they don't do skype sessions :(