Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

1704705707709710731

Replies

  • IslandGal3IslandGal3 Posts: 1,917Member Member Posts: 1,917Member Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    @AliNouveau - Glad you discovered the defective furnace before anyone was injured or worse. A good reminder to everyone to install a carbon monoxide detector in your house along with smoke detectors. They save lives everyday.

    The furnace guy for a detector to alert you means there's enough CO2 in the air to make you sick. But since CO2 poisoning has similar symptoms to a stomach bug it's a good warning for sure..

    And since I have all this crap at home I took myself to my happy place ds2osaeerbgh.jpg

    Good to see you back on the ice!
  • AliNouveauAliNouveau Posts: 34,602Member Member Posts: 34,602Member Member
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    @AliNouveau - Glad you discovered the defective furnace before anyone was injured or worse. A good reminder to everyone to install a carbon monoxide detector in your house along with smoke detectors. They save lives everyday.

    The furnace guy for a detector to alert you means there's enough CO2 in the air to make you sick. But since CO2 poisoning has similar symptoms to a stomach bug it's a good warning for sure..

    And since I have all this crap at home I took myself to my happy place ds2osaeerbgh.jpg

    Good to see you back on the ice!

    Thanks. I really love skating outside I just couldn't resist
  • mcemino2mcemino2 Posts: 383Member, Premium Member Posts: 383Member, Premium Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    @AliNouveau - Glad you discovered the defective furnace before anyone was injured or worse. A good reminder to everyone to install a carbon monoxide detector in your house along with smoke detectors. They save lives everyday.

    The furnace guy for a detector to alert you means there's enough CO2 in the air to make you sick. But since CO2 poisoning has similar symptoms to a stomach bug it's a good warning for sure..

    And since I have all this crap at home I took myself to my happy place ds2osaeerbgh.jpg

    Good to see you back on the ice!

    Thanks. I really love skating outside I just couldn't resist

    I'm jealous, no skating for me for a while:(
  • AliNouveauAliNouveau Posts: 34,602Member Member Posts: 34,602Member Member
    @mcemino2 wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    @AliNouveau - Glad you discovered the defective furnace before anyone was injured or worse. A good reminder to everyone to install a carbon monoxide detector in your house along with smoke detectors. They save lives everyday.

    The furnace guy for a detector to alert you means there's enough CO2 in the air to make you sick. But since CO2 poisoning has similar symptoms to a stomach bug it's a good warning for sure..

    And since I have all this crap at home I took myself to my happy place ds2osaeerbgh.jpg

    Good to see you back on the ice!

    Thanks. I really love skating outside I just couldn't resist

    I'm jealous, no skating for me for a while:(

    Hey you'll be back. I had to wait 6 weeks

    How are you feeling
  • mskitty5923mskitty5923 Posts: 3Member Member Posts: 3Member Member
    Hello everyone.Feel free to add me.
  • Bari_ToneBari_Tone Posts: 28Member Member Posts: 28Member Member
    Here for the Holidays...maybe the whole winter/early spring. Looking for a few active friends. I hit the gym at least 3 times a week. Also work hard on our farm. I log daily (or I used to in past accounts).
    edited December 2019
  • HamptonsGuyHamptonsGuy Posts: 58Member Member Posts: 58Member Member
    Heading to 60 in January, and while Im working out, its holiday season and having trouble with controlling the input. I said I wanted my body back for 60 but falling sort of that.
  • TomFit18TomFit18 Posts: 2,522Member Member Posts: 2,522Member Member
    Good morning peeps! Hope you all had a great weekend! And have a great week ahead!
  • bmeadows380bmeadows380 Posts: 1,383Member Member Posts: 1,383Member Member
    Good rainy morning here in the midAtlantic!

    Back to the grindstone after having a 3 day weekend. I started making and selling soap this year, and this was my 4th show this weekend. I have been very pleased with the outcome. Couple more shows, and I may just break even with what I've put out in buying the gear for this new hobby of mine :)
  • MellOnTheMoveMellOnTheMove Posts: 33Member Member Posts: 33Member Member
    Good morning from the treadmill of heck! I got to the gym late today and it's getting busy in here. Found myself a corner and I'm sticking to it. Have an awesome day
    edited December 2019
  • mcemino2mcemino2 Posts: 383Member, Premium Member Posts: 383Member, Premium Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    @mcemino2 wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    @AliNouveau - Glad you discovered the defective furnace before anyone was injured or worse. A good reminder to everyone to install a carbon monoxide detector in your house along with smoke detectors. They save lives everyday.

    The furnace guy for a detector to alert you means there's enough CO2 in the air to make you sick. But since CO2 poisoning has similar symptoms to a stomach bug it's a good warning for sure..

    And since I have all this crap at home I took myself to my happy place ds2osaeerbgh.jpg

    Good to see you back on the ice!

    Thanks. I really love skating outside I just couldn't resist

    I'm jealous, no skating for me for a while:(

    Hey you'll be back. I had to wait 6 weeks

    How are you feeling

    Not too bad, it only hurts when I move or breath:) Just kidding, still sore but getting better. Worst part was my left eye, it was hard to open after surgery, I think the lid stuck to the cornea and pulled part of it off. Felt a lot like a corneal abrasion I got from a hockey stick years ago. Slowly getting better, almost no irritation today.
  • AliNouveauAliNouveau Posts: 34,602Member Member Posts: 34,602Member Member
    mcemino2 wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    @mcemino2 wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    @AliNouveau - Glad you discovered the defective furnace before anyone was injured or worse. A good reminder to everyone to install a carbon monoxide detector in your house along with smoke detectors. They save lives everyday.

    The furnace guy for a detector to alert you means there's enough CO2 in the air to make you sick. But since CO2 poisoning has similar symptoms to a stomach bug it's a good warning for sure..

    And since I have all this crap at home I took myself to my happy place ds2osaeerbgh.jpg

    Good to see you back on the ice!

    Thanks. I really love skating outside I just couldn't resist

    I'm jealous, no skating for me for a while:(

    Hey you'll be back. I had to wait 6 weeks

    How are you feeling

    Not too bad, it only hurts when I move or breath:) Just kidding, still sore but getting better. Worst part was my left eye, it was hard to open after surgery, I think the lid stuck to the cornea and pulled part of it off. Felt a lot like a corneal abrasion I got from a hockey stick years ago. Slowly getting better, almost no irritation today.

    Yikes ouch with the eye. Glad to hear you're on the mend
  • bmeadows380bmeadows380 Posts: 1,383Member Member Posts: 1,383Member Member
    8oehaw59snmz.jpg

    This is a nativity scene. I finished these up tonight, and am debating on whether they are decent enough to use as a church cantata decoration or not. I needed something tall and couldn't find anything around here within an affordable price range, so I looked up how to do paper mache and gave it a shot at making my own. Joseph stands about 45" tall; I needed a scene large enough that they could easily be seen in the back of the sanctuary.

    I'm no sculptor, though, so I'm taking opinions on whether or not they are nice enough to use or just plain creepy lol My sister votes for creepy; my brother is on the fence, and my sister in law likes them :smiley:
  • julieknucklesjulieknuckles Posts: 1Member, Premium Member Posts: 1Member, Premium Member
    Hi everyone! Newbie here.

    I’m pushing 40 but feeling better in every aspect of my life than ever before! I’m here because I’m trying to conquer my food addiction and learn how to nourish myself properly for optimal health....And of course to loose weight!

    Would love some friends to help keep me accountable 🤗
  • oocdc2oocdc2 Posts: 1,250Member Member Posts: 1,250Member Member
    8oehaw59snmz.jpg

    This is a nativity scene. I finished these up tonight, and am debating on whether they are decent enough to use as a church cantata decoration or not. I needed something tall and couldn't find anything around here within an affordable price range, so I looked up how to do paper mache and gave it a shot at making my own. Joseph stands about 45" tall; I needed a scene large enough that they could easily be seen in the back of the sanctuary.

    I'm no sculptor, though, so I'm taking opinions on whether or not they are nice enough to use or just plain creepy lol My sister votes for creepy; my brother is on the fence, and my sister in law likes them :smiley:

    I think it would depend on the congregation. At the church I currently play music, folks wears jeans to services, so they'd be fine with it. The church I grew up in, though, with the Tiffany-style stained glass windows and a lot of gilt? Probably not so much.

    (FWIW, those look very nice for a first attempt!)
    edited December 2019
  • bmeadows380bmeadows380 Posts: 1,383Member Member Posts: 1,383Member Member
    oocdc2 wrote: »

    I think it would depend on the congregation. At the church I currently play music, folks wears jeans to services, so they'd be fine with it. The church I grew up in, though, with the Tiffany-style stained glass windows and a lot of gilt? Probably not so much.

    (FWIW, those look very nice for a first attempt!)

    Thank you! My church isn't a fancy church - the sanctuary is nice, but its a country church with hand crafted decorations already in use. I agree on the really fancy churches with lots of gilt - I wouldn't have even bothered attempting something for a building like that!

    I needed a outside perspective on them - what a person's would think upon walking into the church and seeing those on display, whether they'd think "interesting" or "creepy" or "tacky" lol I figured I'd take a consensus of several opinions before deciding whether to actually use them or not :)
  • drmwcdrmwc Posts: 264Member, Premium Member Posts: 264Member, Premium Member
    I went climbing yesterday.

    I have scabs on my leg in the shape of a handhold. It's odd, I don't remember bashing it although there is some clear evidence of user error. (I suspect I did it getting out of a cave. I cut loose and flailed wildly whilst looking for somewhere to heel hook to get out from upside down to vertical.)
    edited December 2019
  • AliNouveauAliNouveau Posts: 34,602Member Member Posts: 34,602Member Member
    jeffrey_ad wrote: »
    b4hfanp61ctj.jpeg
    A little breakfast chocolate on my 52nd birthday today

    Happy birthday
Sign In or Register to comment.