Fat Shamed By Santa Claus

Options

Replies

• Flapjack_Mollases
    Flapjack_Mollases Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    poutine sounds dangerously close to a bad word.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    The kid clearly needs to lose some weight, maybe this will help.

Says the guy who lives on nothing but poutine and maple syrup. Don't listen to this guy, kids.
    xUySTVQyBQfC5ZjdC0.gif

I wish I was told I was fat more at that age, maybe I would have lost weight before high school and gotten all the ladies!!!
  • Flapjack_Mollases
    Options

Says the guy who lives on nothing but poutine and maple syrup. Don't listen to this guy, kids.
    xUySTVQyBQfC5ZjdC0.gif

I wish I was told I was fat more at that age, maybe I would have lost weight before high school and gotten all the ladies!!!

Maybe. My grandparents, parents constantly told me I was too big, or that they wish I would eat less. That didn't solve anything, because they never actually lovingly sat me down and tried to work out with me why I was eating so much in the first place.
  • _MotherSuperior_
    _MotherSuperior_ Posts: 158 Member
    Options

xUySTVQyBQfC5ZjdC0.gif

rKrnYVct7GwmI.gif

^ You at any weight with the ladies.
  • Orphanogenesis
    Orphanogenesis Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    nDpzUs0.jpg
  • Orphanogenesis
    Options
    gemdiver00 wrote: »
    km8907 wrote: »
    I don't believe in "shaming", but suggesting a kid should drop a few pounds isn't shaming, that's just good advice. that kid is like 11, and weighs as much as some full grown men. He was probably just looking out for the kid.

The kid is 9, and he told him to lay off the burgers and french fries. It's wasn't helpful, it wasn't out of loving concern, it was downright mean. I'm sure that kid probably gets bullied enough at school, he shouldn't hear it from Santa.

Agreed. Probably could have handled that a little more tactfully. Some people are so weird though. If you see a child running out in front of a car, and don't try to stop them, everybody freaks out, and says, why didn't you do anything? However, if you mention to a parent that their child's eating habits are going to make them unhealthy, they tell you to mind your own business and freak out over that too...double-edge sword I guess.

The mom looks like the kind of person who would give you lip if told her kid to stop running in front of a car. Here's her picture;

Y6IwwXC.gif

(picture removed from quote)

Really?

We're going to post pictures of the mother and judge her parenting and personality from her appearance?

• shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    MsAmandaNJ wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I wonder if it motivated the kid to eat a salad?

Not really the shopping mall Santa's place to comment but it might be what the kid needs to hear.

Sad, but true. Mom needs to help her son rather than be hell bent on getting some guy fired from a job he might really need. Didn't hear Santa's side of this...was the kid sitting on his lap? It could've been an internal thought that actually slipped out.

If he needs to hear it (which, at 9 years old, I'm not sure about), it need to be from someone that loves him and cares about him. If this kid leaves his homework at home, will this santa drive it to school for him? If he's up at night with a cold, will this Santa bring him a warm drink? I don't think so. In that case, it's not in his position to say anything like that.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options

xUySTVQyBQfC5ZjdC0.gif

rKrnYVct7GwmI.gif

If my MFP hit list is any indication...it's the opposite of that!!!
  • Flapjack_Mollases
    Options

xUySTVQyBQfC5ZjdC0.gif

rKrnYVct7GwmI.gif

Great! Taking advantage of women who (probably) have self confidence issues, and are emotionally vulnerable. You are a class act.
  • _MotherSuperior_
    _MotherSuperior_ Posts: 158 Member
    Options

xUySTVQyBQfC5ZjdC0.gif

rKrnYVct7GwmI.gif

Clearly they haven't yet been warned.

Fair women of MFP,
    9Tx0nwysdtQyc.gif
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    shmulyeng wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I wonder if it motivated the kid to eat a salad?

Not really the shopping mall Santa's place to comment but it might be what the kid needs to hear.

Sad, but true. Mom needs to help her son rather than be hell bent on getting some guy fired from a job he might really need. Didn't hear Santa's side of this...was the kid sitting on his lap? It could've been an internal thought that actually slipped out.

If he needs to hear it (which, at 9 years old, I'm not sure about), it need to be from someone that loves him and cares about him. If this kid leaves his homework at home, will this santa drive it to school for him? If he's up at night with a cold, will this Santa bring him a warm drink? I don't think so. In that case, it's not in his position to say anything like that.

You're right, he needs to hear it from mom. Maybe not hear "you need to lose weight", but more like "this is how we are going to eat"...because she's the adult and he's just 9.

If I left my homework at home, calling my mom to bring it in was not an option and my work was late (it's MY homework, MY responsibility, not my mom's). That's accountability. Mom ought to be held accountable for her son's situation, he's certainly not the one doing the food shopping. What Santa said was not right, a stranger has no business saying that. Neither is mom bringing this story to the news. There can be two bad guys in one story.

Vilifying Santa does not change this kid's reality. Had the kid been a healthy weight, it's very likely no comment would've been made.
  • Orphanogenesis
    Options
    Getting told by this guy...

3xvpXo3.jpg

to cut back on snacks during Christmas (to a child) is the equivalent of being told this...

fn7Z9pi.jpg

on your birthday.

• Flapjack_Mollases
    Options

3xvpXo3.jpg

to cut back on snacks during Christmas (to a child) is the equivalent of being told this...

fn7Z9pi.jpg

on your birthday.

I would listen to ANYTHING that dude told me. He looks like a killer.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    Options

3xvpXo3.jpg

fn7Z9pi.jpg

on your birthday.

And he's got gorilla back-up.
  • Orphanogenesis
    Options

3xvpXo3.jpg

fn7Z9pi.jpg

on your birthday.

Well he is a pagan after all. I mean it says so in this thread.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

xUySTVQyBQfC5ZjdC0.gif

rKrnYVct7GwmI.gif

Great! Taking advantage of women who (probably) have self confidence issues, and are emotionally vulnerable. You are a class act.

Wait.

That's wrong?

.... Ut oh.
  • Flapjack_Mollases
    Options

3xvpXo3.jpg

fn7Z9pi.jpg

on your birthday.

Ha! I didn't even notice the gorilla. I was like, "what is she talking about?" That's funny.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    Options

3xvpXo3.jpg

fn7Z9pi.jpg

on your birthday.

Ha! I didn't even notice the gorilla. I was like, "what is she talking about?" That's funny.
    I was wondering why Santa's chair shadow had knuckles.
  • Orphanogenesis
    Options

xUySTVQyBQfC5ZjdC0.gif

rKrnYVct7GwmI.gif

You have to take what you can get, my friend! NO SHAME!!!

I.C.E. Cream Official Tester
    IKEA Professional Put Together-er
    Kickboxing Class Attender
    Period Enthusiast
    Been in fitness for about 2 years and have studied kitty-gif-ology, nutrition and Dinosaurs

Exhibit A:

CJzLTiz.gif