Is anyone else dreading christmas dinner?

124»

Replies

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    I eat what I want, including the Ferrero Rochers that were for the kids' stockings...but I log it...so we have three Christmas dinners coming up; I know for a fact I won't eat the yummies because I have Celiac disease, and it's very rare for someone to accommodate that. There will be tables full of my baker sister's Christmas delights, but I can ignore those. As for turkey and trimmings, I'll eat the same amount as I normally would. It's one (three in my case) dinners, why stress it.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited December 2016
    I dread going to the dentist today.
    I dread going back to work at the beginning of the year.
    I dread inevitable rejection.
    Dread a good dinner? Heck no..that just makes me sad. I've been dreaming about it all week.
  • denato1
    denato1 Posts: 54 Member
    I am definitely dreading it. We do Christmas eve with my mother and day with hers. I have been on a plateau/ no weight change for 4 weeks. I honestly am terrified to have dinner with everyone and have to count everything. At this point portion control is going to be rough, Christmas is a food extravaganza normally. And everyone is just going to push more, because thats what they do. They are all happy I'm losing weight but will keep telling me it's just 1 day go ahead.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited December 2016
    I'm not dreading it at all!

I'm going to get some extra cardio in the morning of, I've banked some calories this week and I'm going to enjoy some of everything....including lots of dessert. :)

Merry Christmas!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    No. I like to eat.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Dread Christmas dinner? Heck no! I've deliberately set myself at maintenance for the past couple of weeks and will continue to do so until the new year. I'm hoping the weather is going to be nice enough to be able to for a long walk on Christmas morning, but if not, then I'm spending the day in my PJs.

Dinner is going to be fillet of beef with a creamy peppercorn sauce. There'll be pigs in blankets, roast spuds, loads of veg and plenty of chocolate afterwards. I won't refuse the fizz, wine and whiskey, nor will I turn down my husband's rather good Moscow mules.

And I know I'm in the US, but I'm English and like all good English people, Boxing Day will be spent sprawled in front of the TV watching sport, eating cold turkey and chips, and fighting over the last mince pie.

Can't wait!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    I make really good decisions as far as meals go. I make very poor decisions as far as snacking and getting my binge on go. I don't fear any dinners. I do fear a hot mess of a food environment though because I got no self control around the salty and the sweet things in the cupboard.
  • TAKCEGM
    TAKCEGM Posts: 313 Member
    No way! Looking forward to it. Two dinners, actually - one Christmas eve with my family, one Christmas day with my wife's family. It all comes down to control. I will probably eat some of everything made, just not as much as before. I will enjoy every cookie or piece of pie.

Now, granted, I plan on doing some additional gym time before, but why go trough this process - make this lifestyle change, if I cannot enjoy that life?
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Nope. Gonna enjoy every bite. It's one day. I'm not worrying about calories.
  • lady_ghost
    lady_ghost Posts: 175 Member
    i hate the holidays and how it has to be all about food. im not a fan of eating desert right after dinner because I am still full from dinner! But everyone seems to like to do that... I would rather wait hours until I am actually hungry for it than eating when I'm already full because food doesn't taste good then. And it's not just once meal it's christmas eve, christmas morning christmas brunch christmas dinner then new years day and eve I have family parties where people push food. Just very annoying and uncomfortable. I just want to enjoy the holiday, indulge in what I really want if I want it but not be pushed food when I'm not hungry.

Thank you it seems like ppl think I have a bad relationship with food. Temptation is temptation. Which is why none of us on a diet would buy unhealthy food and place it in our homes, we avoid things that would tempt us into making bad habits, like avoiding an ex, or for alcoholics, alcohol or for junk food lovers, cake lol. If I see a yummy chocolate cheesecake in my fridge sitting there week after week begging me to taste it I will eat it lol. Don't get me wrong I have cheat days and I cherish those controlled cheat days, but December is like one big cheat month. It's not just one or two days there's parties left overs chocolate presents, alcohol, everyone around me is going to be eating this way for weeks. The kitchen is already filled with Junk food because I live with others who don't diet and it's hard enough as it is. I think it's natural to dread the idea of blowing your diet.

• Savagedistraction
    Savagedistraction Posts: 312 Member
    Nope. I eat what I want. I exercise it off. That is all.
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    lady_ghost wrote: »
    I think it's natural to dread the idea of blowing your diet.
    Very.

It's funny - I really do 'eat what I want' for the most part, but last night had me anxious in spite of that. The anxiety started to pass between the Lasagna and meatballs, and the home made eclairs, and by the time my daughter brought the home made cream puffs and brownies out I was completely relaxed :D

Weird though - I was not planning on staying within my Calories yesterday, but I did lol.

Nice, more room for dinner at moms tonight, and the brothers tomorrow, and the brother in laws after that....
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    IF here..and loving it.. just don't eat until 12;30 OR 1:00 and stop eating at 8.. enjoy the day.
  • tessadiane92
    tessadiane92 Posts: 12 Member
    I am worried about all the food. My husbands family does a feast type dinner on the 24th and my family does a very rich in fats dinner (prime rib, potatoes, greenbeans+bacon, cake, cocktails) on the 25th. I'm going to try to portion my foods and not eat things like breads/butters/gravys/soda ect. Its hard cause I'm a foodie, it will take a lot of will power. For me it's important to stay motivated to eat well. My mother in law spouted off today how dieting during the holidays is pointless and I should just stop... I shrugged it off, Mind over matter I guess lol. You should just do what feels right for you weather that's taking a free day, cutting certain things out, portioning or whatever else (:
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    I plan carefully. One thing I didn't plan on was having enough belly capacity to comfortably contain all the food I'm willing to ingest tomorrow.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    edited December 2016
    SCoil123 wrote: »
    I just limit my portions and still enjoy tasting everything.

This is what I do. I don't track my calorie intake on holidays, but I'm still mindful of portions and then I also only eat what actually sounds good (no more guilt eating something just because a relative brings it!).

This morning I have a pastry focused get together with my grandma and sisters. I'll be eating the cherry turnover that my grandma is providing, but I will not be eating the pastries I'm bringing, or the ones my sisters are bringing. One (larger) pastry is enough for me and I'll enjoy eating it, along with the fellowship of family :)
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    The Canadian traditional dinner is pretty good for you. It's the proportions that are often overdone. There will be salads and veggies, a fine protein, potatoes and dressing. There's typically three times the carbs than needed so I pick mine. It might be the bread, the potato, or the dressing. Cranberries are fruit, full of fiber and vitamin C.

I may or may not eat the dessert. Perhaps skip the a la mode.

My big downfall is the snack table with the bits and bytes.
  • red99ryder
    red99ryder Posts: 399 Member
    I'm looking forward to it .. and just think of all the good food we will have after .. turkey and ham yum yum ..

Merry Christmas everyone