Crunchy Bobs OMAD Thread

Options
2»

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Good response! After awhile, people at work started asking me how I lost so much weight. I didn't mind telling them because results speak for themselves.
  • crunchy_bob
    crunchy_bob Posts: 17 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Good response! After awhile, people at work started asking me how I lost so much weight. I didn't mind telling them because results speak for themselves.

agreed but i'm only on my second week so to others it's not noticeable yet :p
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Well the cat's kind of out of the bag, co-workers have noticed my lack of breakfast and questioned whether i'm on a diet or something, I told them "not a diet, just a new way of eating". It seemed to satisfy their curiosity so far without having to elaborate too much. I'll keep up the ruse as long as I can but when I eventually turn sideways and they can no longer see me, I'll have to explain at that point how I became so thin as to be two dimensional.

I kept my weight to myself for about six weeks until someone asked if I was on a diet. I just told them I was eating healthier and left it at that. When we had a pizza luncheon at work I would take my pizza and go to my office and throw it away....same way with birthday cake. After several more weeks most people quit asking about my weight loss. Now after losing 36 pounds no one says anything. Now when there is a luncheon I just get something to drink and tell them I've already eaten and no one comments.
  • crunchy_bob
    crunchy_bob Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    going to do a crab/shrimp boil on Sunday, here's my recipe, scale the amounts up or down as needed, this feeds 3

Ingredients:
    12 Qts of water in a 16qt stock pot
    1 cup Old Bay seasoning (1/2 a cup per 6qts of water I use 12qts for my boil)
    1 bay leaf
    1 small bag pearl onions
    4 garlic cloves smashed
    1 small can of clams
    1 pound new/red potatoes halved
    1 (16 ounce) packages cooked kielbasa sausage, cut into 1 inch pieces
    2 ears fresh corn cut into bit size pieces about 2 inches wide
    1 pound whole crab, broken into pieces
    12 ounces fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
    1 large lemon halved

Instructions:
    Heat a large pot of water over an outdoor cooker, or medium-high heat indoors
    Add Old Bay Seasoning, bay leaf, garlic cloves and the lemon halves, and bring to a boil
    Add potatoes and onions, and cook for about 10 minutes
    Add the sausage and crab; cook for another 5 minutes
    Add the corn, shrimp and clams when everything else is almost done, and cook for another 3 or 4 minutes.
    Drain off the water and pour the contents out onto a picnic table covered with butcher paper
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    going to do a crab/shrimp boil on Sunday, here's my recipe, scale the amounts up or down as needed, this feeds 3

Ingredients:
    12 Qts of water in a 16qt stock pot
    1 cup Old Bay seasoning (1/2 a cup per 6qts of water I use 12qts for my boil)
    1 bay leaf
    1 small bag pearl onions
    4 garlic cloves smashed
    1 small can of clams
    1 pound new/red potatoes halved
    1 (16 ounce) packages cooked kielbasa sausage, cut into 1 inch pieces
    2 ears fresh corn cut into bit size pieces about 2 inches wide
    1 pound whole crab, broken into pieces
    12 ounces fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
    1 large lemon halved

Instructions:
    Heat a large pot of water over an outdoor cooker, or medium-high heat indoors
    Add Old Bay Seasoning, bay leaf, garlic cloves and the lemon halves, and bring to a boil
    Add potatoes and onions, and cook for about 10 minutes
    Add the sausage and crab; cook for another 5 minutes
    Add the corn, shrimp and clams when everything else is almost done, and cook for another 3 or 4 minutes.
    Drain off the water and pour the contents out onto a picnic table covered with butcher paper

What's your address? I'm coming over! That sounds great. Have fun.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Well the cat's kind of out of the bag, co-workers have noticed my lack of breakfast and questioned whether i'm on a diet or something, I told them "not a diet, just a new way of eating". It seemed to satisfy their curiosity so far without having to elaborate too much. I'll keep up the ruse as long as I can but when I eventually turn sideways and they can no longer see me, I'll have to explain at that point how I became so thin as to be two dimensional.

I kept my weight to myself for about six weeks until someone asked if I was on a diet. I just told them I was eating healthier and left it at that. When we had a pizza luncheon at work I would take my pizza and go to my office and throw it away....same way with birthday cake. After several more weeks most people quit asking about my weight loss. Now after losing 36 pounds no one says anything. Now when there is a luncheon I just get something to drink and tell them I've already eaten and no one comments.

Perfect. This is what I do as well!