Let's share goals! What are your plans for 2017

13»

Replies

• Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    My son threw me a curve ball on Christmas: "Mom, we are going to climb the Grand Teton in August." I have a lot of work to do! If I can pull this off I won't be the oldest person to ever do it, but I'm sure not many 63 year olds do it. I attempted it twice in my 20's and got snowed off both times and just never went back. That said, my weight is good, having lost 60 pounds. I just need to do some strength training, continue with my hiking and backpacking program, and refresh my rock climbing/rappelling skills.
  • TLC227
    TLC227 Posts: 210 Member
    Lose 15 pounds/get a little leaner
    Take 2 trips out of the country
    Promotion at work
  • dave0628
    dave0628 Posts: 102 Member
    In 2017,

I will make exercise a daily habit.
    I will replace the late night snacking and watching tv & surfing the web habit with the early to bed habit.
  • jenconv
    jenconv Posts: 32 Member
    I aiming to lose 50-70lbs this year by eating sensibly not faddy. I also want to hike at least 20 miles per month and find another exercise that I enjoy and don't find a chore for when the British weather is crappy.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,443 Member
    Machka9 wrote: »
    1. Complete a Super Randonneur series. Got so close this year, but couldn't quite complete the 600K because of a lengthy illness just prior to the event.

Goals for 2017

Cycle more than 2016. 2016's total was 5760.76 km. I want to cycle more than that in 2017.

Complete Petite Year Round Randonneur. This is a challenge where we have to do a 100 km ride each month for a total of 1200 km. There is some flexibility in that we can do 50 km one month and 150 km the next to make up for it, but most of the time it should be a 100 km ride. The challenge started in November (that's when the Audax/Randonneuring year starts), so I've done 3 already.

In the past, I've done several CAM challenges (Century A Month, where I ride a 100 mile ride each month of the year), and would like to do that again, but realistically, with full-time work + university, I'm not sure I can commit to that schedule. However, I would like to do as many centuries as possible. Good training rides.

Complete Super Randonneur. A Super Randonneur is Audax/Randonneuring's standard series and the series which is required to qualify for longer rides in most cases. It consists of one ride each of 200 km, 300 km 400 km, and 600 km, each of which has to be completed within a certain time limit.

Complete a 1000 km randonnee. This might be a long-shot. However, if the 600 km event goes well, there is a 1000 km 2 weeks later.

One 1000 km month.

Cycle up Mt Wellington again.

Cycletouring.

Walk a minimum of 1000 km, but hopefully beat last year's total of 1133 km.

Hike up a mountain or two.

Include some extra stuff like rowing, canoeing, weightlifting and maybe a bit of yoga. Improving my core strength and flexibility would probably be a good thing.

Complete at least 2 more courses at university.

Figure out what I want to do with my website ... and do it!

Travel ... of course. That's always on the list.
  • sjb050
    sjb050 Posts: 17 Member
    By June 2017 lose 50 lbs. it will be my 25th Wedding anniversary. Swim 2-3 times a week. Be able to walk 5 miles. Fit into size 8 clothes and buy new wardrobe
  • Eviechu
    Eviechu Posts: 1 Member
    I'm hoping to get to a healthier weight, learn to embroider and crochet, learn to slow down a little (with eating and life in general), and hopefully start college this fall. Here's to a good 2017 for all of us!
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Fitness-wise, I want to get down to 200 lbs (at minimum, 180 would be ideal), drink a gallon of water a day, and at the very least get back into walking a minimum of 5x a week. (To start out with exercise.)
  • slgibbs1987
    slgibbs1987 Posts: 194 Member
    I turn 30 in August of this year. I would love to finally have control over my overall health.
    I hope to participate in a 5k this year.
    Continuously show my family and friends how much I love & appreciate them.
  • 00000eli
    00000eli Posts: 37 Member
    Replace "I deserve this extra food" with "I deserve to be healthier." Love my family in ways that they can see. Be grateful.
  • bionicdiver
    bionicdiver Posts: 198 Member
    To lean out a little and to bench press 315 lbs.