karlschaeffer Posts: 1,488 Member
    “Earnest Saves Christmas” A classic!
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited December 2019
    Knives Out. I loved it!
    Knives Out. I loved it!

Yes! Great ensemble cast!

I was debating going out to see that with friends tonight before they fly out for Christmas. Thanks @seltzermint555 and @karlschaeffer
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Knives Out. I loved it!
    Knives Out. I loved it!

Yes! Great ensemble cast!

I was debating going out to see that with friends tonight before they fly out for Christmas. Thanks @seltzermint555 and @karlschaeffer

This is great! I hope you'll come back and tell us what you think of it!
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    Instant family
  • jlhalley7835
    jlhalley7835 Posts: 188 Member
    I watched a film on youtube last night called "Fit to Fat to Fit" or something like that. It's a documentary of an Australian model / personal trainer who set out to gain 40Kg (approx 90 lbs) and lose it all in a year's time. He started at 80Kg (176 pounds). It was really eye opening to see his journey to gain weight. At one point you could tell he was getting depressed because he realized that about 15 years of his training has gone down the drain 2 months into his weight gain. It really stressed the importance of making good food choices, and staying healthy so I can continue to train, and avoid setbacks at all costs.
  • epangili
    epangili Posts: 818 Member
    Ford versus Ferrari
  • jlhalley7835
    epangili wrote: »
    Ford versus Ferrari

Really want to see that one. Did it live up to expectations?

• honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    I never get tired of it.........

cgqsnedt4zdg.jpeg
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    I watched a film on youtube last night called "Fit to Fat to Fit" or something like that. It's a documentary of an Australian model / personal trainer who set out to gain 40Kg (approx 90 lbs) and lose it all in a year's time. He started at 80Kg (176 pounds). It was really eye opening to see his journey to gain weight. At one point you could tell he was getting depressed because he realized that about 15 years of his training has gone down the drain 2 months into his weight gain. It really stressed the importance of making good food choices, and staying healthy so I can continue to train, and avoid setbacks at all costs.

there was also a tv series with the same name and the same idea - trainers first gaining weight and then losing it together with their heavy clients in every episode.
  • jlhalley7835
    there was also a tv series with the same name and the same idea - trainers first gaining weight and then losing it together with their heavy clients in every episode.

I saw that last night as well. I might check it out. Either was that is an insane premise for a film/tv show.
  • karlschaeffer
    Ford versus Ferrari

I liked it. Stayed pretty close to reality. Most of the racing scenes were pretty good. My wife said it was a good story and this type of film is not her cup of tea.

• jlhalley7835
    !
    Ford versus Ferrari

I liked it. Stayed pretty close to reality. Most of the racing scenes were pretty good. My wife said it was a good story and this type of film is not her cup of tea.

Like all films, i probably won't get a chance to see it until it hits on-demand, but i know i'll be watching it as soon as that happens. Thanks
  • karlschaeffer
    “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker”. Seemed rudderless at the start, then it found it’s direction. Some ponderous points that had me looking at my watch. Seems like too much plot lines were stuffed into the storylines. On the other hand, lots of good shoutouts to previous star war movies, as well as good use of the original music. 8 out of 10 for this one.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,563 Member
    School of Rock. There was a thing about Jack Black on twitter and it was brought up. It had been forever since I'd seen it and I needed something to watch today. Still a great movie. :)
  • It was called “ Don’t f^^k with cats” and was pretty crazy
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    It was called “ Don’t f^^k with cats” and was pretty crazy

I watched that documentary today.
  • nodau_iach
    nodau_iach Posts: 77 Member
    Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker