Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Last film you saw...

Replies

• mbaker566mbaker566 Posts: 10,181Member Member Posts: 10,181Member Member
    we need to talk about kevin

i don't know, it felt lacking somehow. which maybe was it's goal.
  • slessofmeslessofme Posts: 5,707Member Member Posts: 5,707Member Member
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    we need to talk about kevin

i don't know, it felt lacking somehow. which maybe was it's goal.

I've had that in my watchlist forever. I want to read the book first though.
  • _Miss_chievous__Miss_chievous_ Posts: 1,091Member Member Posts: 1,091Member Member
  • Josh_2099Josh_2099 Posts: 1,061Member Member Posts: 1,061Member Member
    Spider-Man Far From Home
  • dagee2dagee2 Posts: 129Member Member Posts: 129Member Member
    Ford vs Ferrari

It was ok. Longer than it needed to be and it was slow moving. Great acting though. Made me absolutely hate Ford.
  • srv524srv524 Posts: 1,363Member Member Posts: 1,363Member Member
    The Last Man on Earth (1964)

Part of my Reddit reviews I did couple weeks back
  • TarryTaffyTarryTaffy Posts: 182Member Member Posts: 182Member Member
    My tastes in film run foreign... mainly thrillers, clever comedy. Many of the most wonderful films I've seen require yearly viewing... a longer endeavor, but the Sopranos series is one such collection that is a must watch once/yr... all these years later... a testament to grand writing, acting & casting.

One such prize is 2012's "Headhunters (Hodejegerne)", an immensely clever, Norwegian crime drama/thriller with gasping action that's so unusual, it will keep you simultaneously breathtaken, on the edge of your seat & humored at the dark comedic elements peppered throughout the film. `

If you watch the trailer, it's dismal. I don't understand how such a grand film can be represented with such boringly displayed & narrated snippets... but, they managed to do such an injustice. It's one of the flaws I see with many foreign trailers.

Plot is the most different you'll see, the acting is great, there are twists you won't expect & all I can say, without revealing spoilers, is that... it's a film about a corporate exec (a headhunter for the elite), who has a double life as an art thief.

If you're not bothered by subtitles, you might enjoy it.

• EddieJohnHuntEddieJohnHunt Posts: 496Member Member Posts: 496Member Member
    Shaun the Sheep - Farmageddon
  • happimess01happimess01 Posts: 2,132Member Member Posts: 2,132Member Member
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    My tastes in film run foreign... mainly thrillers, clever comedy. Many of the most wonderful films I've seen require yearly viewing... a longer endeavor, but the Sopranos series is one such collection that is a must watch once/yr... all these years later... a testament to grand writing, acting & casting.

One such prize is 2012's "Headhunters (Hodejegerne)", an immensely clever, Norwegian crime drama/thriller with gasping action that's so unusual, it will keep you simultaneously breathtaken, on the edge of your seat & humored at the dark comedic elements peppered throughout the film. `

If you watch the trailer, it's dismal. I don't understand how such a grand film can be represented with such boringly displayed & narrated snippets... but, they managed to do such an injustice. It's one of the flaws I see with many foreign trailers.

Plot is the most different you'll see, the acting is great, there are twists you won't expect & all I can say, without revealing spoilers, is that... it's a film about a corporate exec (a headhunter for the elite), who has a double life as an art thief.

If you're not bothered by subtitles, you might enjoy it.

I remember watching this movie ages ago. It’s a good one. Did you see “The guilty” from last year?
    I remember watching this movie ages ago. It’s a good one. Did you see “The guilty” from last year?

Same... I saw Headhunter a decade ago, but have watched it yearly since.

No, I have not seen "The Guilty", but just watched the trailer & it looks wonderful. Added it to my list so I'll watch it within the week, thank you so much.

I'm open to other suggestions, as well. Thank you kindly for this... it's nice to find someone with similar movie interests, as many don't care for foreign or obscure films. Thank you... :smile:

Same... I saw Headhunter a decade ago, but have watched it yearly since.

No, I have not seen "The Guilty", but just watched the trailer & it looks wonderful. Added it to my list so I'll watch it within the week, thank you so much.

I'm open to other suggestions, as well. Thank you kindly for this... it's nice to find someone with similar movie interests, as many don't care for foreign or obscure films. Thank you... :smile:

Oh if I knew you were planning to watch it, I would have suggested an even better film. I use to watch a lot of foreign films( Korean thrillers, specially) but then i got busy with work and studies. I am just starting to get back at it. Saw Parasite a week ago and loved it!
  • karlschaefferkarlschaeffer Posts: 1,036Member Member Posts: 1,036Member Member
    Ford vs Ferrari. Good movie, but not best picture quality.
    Oh if I knew you were planning to watch it, I would have suggested an even better film. I use to watch a lot of foreign films( Korean thrillers, specially) but then i got busy with work and studies. I am just starting to get back at it. Saw Parasite a week ago and loved it!

@happimess01 No worries, as I think we like a lot of the same genres & since I don't watch TV at all, I only watch movies. Have had weekends at home with 1/2-dozen flicks... love that.

My guilty pleasure is Korean/Japanese thrillers, too. Gosh I've seen so many but haven't seen one in awhile. Some great French ones, too, like Cache.

Parasite looks right up my alley. Just added it to my list. I'll be watching both before the weekend. Thank you, again! I'll keep on the lookout for your suggestions!
  • ArmyVeteranM1A1CArmyVeteranM1A1C Posts: 1,007Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,007Member, Premium Member
    Christmas Wishes & Mistletoe Kisses - Hallmark
    (I love good Christmas romance)

@happimess01 No worries, as I think we like a lot of the same genres & since I don't watch TV at all, I only watch movies. Have had weekends at home with 1/2-dozen flicks... love that.

My guilty pleasure is Korean/Japanese thrillers, too. Gosh I've seen so many but haven't seen one in awhile. Some great French ones, too, like Cache.

Parasite looks right up my alley. Just added it to my list. I'll be watching both before the weekend. Thank you, again! I'll keep on the lookout for your suggestions!

Haha nice, i look forward to hearing about what you thought of these films.
  • kimber0607kimber0607 Posts: 809Member Member Posts: 809Member Member
    the joker w my 16yr old son in the theatre...loved it
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 7,399Member Member Posts: 7,399Member Member
    Once Upon a Time in Hollywood...................... F'n horrible. No idea what the fuss is about. Watched not even half and could not take it anymore.
  • lauragreenbaumlauragreenbaum Posts: 691Member Member Posts: 691Member Member
    "Where'd You Go, Bernadette". It was an ok movie because Cate Blanchet was in it and she's the best, but the book is much better.
  • mbaker566mbaker566 Posts: 10,181Member Member Posts: 10,181Member Member
    the knight before christmas-fun hallmark type christmas movie
    tried below your mouth-imagine if all of the actors were bella from twilight
    loving annabelle-they tried to make it tense. nope
    mission impossible fall out. meh. same old same old.
  • scostello3279scostello3279 Posts: 6Member, Premium Member Posts: 6Member, Premium Member