• spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Unknown
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Toy Story
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    Been working my way through the Star Trek Voyager series since I never saw the entire series when it was on the air.

However, Picard is something I've been wanting to watch. Now that CBS All Access is going to allow watching it for free until mid April, looks like it's fine time to do it: https://www.space.com/watch-star-trek-picard-free-patrick-stewart-gift.html
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    The Invisible man
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    2015's "The Gift" with Jason Bateman.
    Psychological thriller with an different twist. It was all right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3IiZU9JBuE
  • LoveyChar
    Pinocchio
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    The Invisible man

And... ?
  • CMSC143
    CMSC143 Posts: 72 Member
    Joker 🃏
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    Just finished the "Tiger King" docu series. It was like watching a burning house. Awful to view, but compelling in an awkward way.

Different world most of us would otherwise never know about, people who all creeped me out, i.e., looked like outcasts from a Felinni film & were totally bereft of conscience... in most cases, human nature at its worst.

Good doc about disturbing, strange people.
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    Just finished watching the first episode of Picard. I'm impressed with it so far. Much better than the last couple of series they've put out.
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    Began watch Ozark & it's very good. Wasn't overly impressed by the show summary, so skipped it, but I'm glad I changed my mind... the plot is different & I love Jason Bateman. Only on S1, but I'll keep watching 'til I lose interest... hope that doesn't happen.
  • _Miss_chievous_
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    The Invisible man

And... ?

I really liked it! 😊
  • LoveyChar
    Lady and the Tramp
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Began watch Ozark & it's very good. Wasn't overly impressed by the show summary, so skipped it, but I'm glad I changed my mind... the plot is different & I love Jason Bateman. Only on S1, but I'll keep watching 'til I lose interest... hope that doesn't happen.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh this get much much better, just wait. And now Season 3 just came on on Netflix :)

Thank you for saying that, cuz last night I finished Ep 8 & was so bored with this soap opera... 1st 2 ep's involved the cartel, so I was excited... after that, it became formulaic... spoiled daughter, selfish wife, cliched hillbillies. I really dislike many of the characters... they seem unnecessarily & uninterestingly stereotypical.

Was going to bail, but I'm trusting you... I'll stick with it. Onto Ep 9 now. :smile:
  • NotSoFat70
    NotSoFat70 Posts: 304 Member

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh this get much much better, just wait. And now Season 3 just came on on Netflix :)

Thank you for saying that, cuz last night I finished Ep 8 & was so bored with this soap opera... 1st 2 ep's involved the cartel, so I was excited... after that, it became formulaic... spoiled daughter, selfish wife, cliched hillbillies. I really dislike many of the characters... they seem unnecessarily & uninterestingly stereotypical.

Was going to bail, but I'm trusting you... I'll stick with it. Onto Ep 9 now. :smile:

I gave up on Ozark for the above reasons.Laura Linneys character was the only one I liked.I'm on season 3 of Peaky Blinders.I'll keep watching for now,but my interest is slowly waning
  • _Miss_chievous_
    Badland
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member

NotSoFat70 wrote: »

I gave up on Ozark for the above reasons.Laura Linneys character was the only one I liked.I'm on season 3 of Peaky Blinders.I'll keep watching for now,but my interest is slowly waning

Trust me on this. The first season is developing the story / characters.
    Ditto Peaky Blinders. Gets better and better with each season.

Yea, I stopped watching Peaky Blinders in Season 3 too. I am gonna give Ozark a try soon.
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    edited March 2020
    2019s "Velvet Buzzsaw" with Jake Gyllenhaal, Toni Collette & Rene Russo. It's lighthearted fun of the thriller-horror genre with some subtle, dark humor thrown in. Different story, kind of like an old Night Gallery episode.

Quirky, over the top characters, all seemingly gay, dressed in quirky outfits bordering on Klaus Nomi garb. Good cinematography, but the characters are wealthy, artsy, unredeeming narcissists you don't care about. Jake is always good & enhances the movie. One lead actress, Zawe Ashton is very good & someone to look out for in the future... Rene has never been a good actress imo, so I find her delivery distracting, as per usual. John Malcovich is in it for all of 10-min, so although good, not worth mentioning... wish they played up his character more & Rene's less.

Still, a good popcorn movie. It won't enlighten you, but it means no harm.

Not too scary for a younger audience, but there is some brief nudity & horror movie type violence, for those who are sensitive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdAR-lK43YU
  • LoveyChar
    Lots of Disney movies and relative all up in this house going on lately. We watched Muppet Treasure Island last night.