Calorie Counter

Message Boards Chit-Chat
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Last film you saw...

Replies

• FeelinFooFooFeelinFooFoo Member Posts: 4,178 Member Member Posts: 4,178 Member
    Children of Men. 2006 sci fi/thriller. Brilliant
  • This_farThis_far Member Posts: 396 Member Member Posts: 396 Member

Enjoyed this movie. Depressing though
  • FeelinFooFooFeelinFooFoo Member Posts: 4,178 Member Member Posts: 4,178 Member
    This_far wrote: »

Enjoyed this movie. Depressing though

Yeah it was a bit depressing. Plenty good actors, I enjoyed micheal caine in this.
  • Slacker16Slacker16 Member Posts: 1,062 Member Member Posts: 1,062 Member
    Re-watched (for the Nth time) Pan/Faun's Labyrinth.

One day, I'll be a big boy and be able to watch it without crying.
  • honeybee__12honeybee__12 Member, Premium Posts: 12,530 Member Member, Premium Posts: 12,530 Member
    Again,,,,,

lwqsf0eefshw.jpeg
  • mehshell420mehshell420 Member Posts: 540 Member Member Posts: 540 Member
    How to Be Single. Such a fun rom-com
    The Infiltrator with Brian Cranston 👌
  • sloth2notsloth2not Member Posts: 209 Member Member Posts: 209 Member
    The Great Outdoors
  • honeybee__12honeybee__12 Member, Premium Posts: 12,530 Member Member, Premium Posts: 12,530 Member
    sloth2not wrote: »
    The Great Outdoors

I love this movie!
    I laugh so hard every time I see it.
  • ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 1,781 Member Member Posts: 1,781 Member
    The Good Liar with Helen Mirren
  • karlschaefferkarlschaeffer Member Posts: 1,243 Member Member Posts: 1,243 Member
    The King of Staten Island

Way better than I originally thought.
  • MaltedTeaMaltedTea Member, Premium Posts: 1,989 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1,989 Member
    The Invisible Man (2020)
    This was finally made available to rent as a stream about 2-3 weeks ago. Worth the wait and a fun ending. In what I've seen thus far, Elisabeth Moss tends to play the same characters: victim revenge stories. I'm not mad at it.

Us (2019)
    This is very layered. Not horror, imho, but definitely a thinking person's thriller. I'm going to need to rewatch a few times as there are several social messages in there. Umm, Lupita Nyong'o is just one great actor. I like her range and the role choices she's made (although I've not seen her entire filmography). Elisabeth Moss was in this one too. And, yes, it was also a victim revenge type story (on one level).

Next up: Trying to find the time to watch the Ip Man franchise/universe...
  • GaleHawkinsGaleHawkins Member Posts: 7,887 Member Member Posts: 7,887 Member
    https://youtu.be/Go0GEMOOZus

I am David (2004) was a new to me movie that I really found to be great. It deals with a hard subject with a strong positive ending. I watched the last 5 minutes over and over for 8 times.
  • Hanibanani2020Hanibanani2020 Member Posts: 523 Member Member Posts: 523 Member
    Flypaper it’s freakin’ hilarious
  • fstricklfstrickl Member Posts: 262 Member Member Posts: 262 Member
    My Cousin Rachel starring Rachel Weisz (one of the most beautiful actresses out there IMO).

• J_NY_ZJ_NY_Z Member Posts: 1,578 Member Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    I saw Emma over the weekend. It was much better than I anticipated.
    J_NY_Z wrote: »

The Anna Taylor Joy one? Sooo good! I love me a good period piece. The wit is cutting and everything so charming.
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    The Invisible Man (2020)
    This was finally made available to rent as a stream about 2-3 weeks ago. Worth the wait and a fun ending. In what I've seen thus far, Elisabeth Moss tends to play the same characters: victim revenge stories. I'm not mad at it.

Us (2019)
    This is very layered. Not horror, imho, but definitely a thinking person's thriller. I'm going to need to rewatch a few times as there are several social messages in there. Umm, Lupita Nyong'o is just one great actor. I like her range and the role choices she's made (although I've not seen her entire filmography). Elisabeth Moss was in this one too. And, yes, it was also a victim revenge type story (on one level).

Next up: Trying to find the time to watch the Ip Man franchise/universe...

Invisible Man is on my to watch list!

I saw Us last year and wouldn’t mind seeing it again. I agree with you it’s not really a horror film in the traditional sense. Maybe just horror in what it shows humans are capable of? But yes hands down Lupita Nyong’o is amazing! She was incredible in that film. It was quite a brilliant film. I think people missed the mark with it thinking it was a horror film.
  • J_NY_ZJ_NY_Z Member Posts: 1,578 Member Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    fstrickl wrote: »

The Anna Taylor Joy one? Sooo good! I love me a good period piece. The wit is cutting and everything so charming.

Anne Taylor from this year, it was great. I thought all the characters were portrayed very well and it was funny and witty.
    fstrickl wrote: »

Anne Taylor from this year, it was great. I thought all the characters were portrayed very well and it was funny and witty.

Indeed! It was great. And art for the movie (like the poster and promo stuff) is done by an amazing illustrator Carson Ellis (who happens to be the wife of the lead singer from the Decemberists). So much my hipster heart loves about that film.