Replies

• MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    mgalovic01 wrote: »
    That's what I thought.

I'm intrigued.

Basically, another forefoot to mid-foot runner saying heel striking is ok for some other people. The truth is it's too much stress on the joints.

You're making a big assumption there.

Regardless, there is evidence that forcing a gait change causes injury, and there is also recent work that indicates that the majority of runners in endurance races are midfoot to heel strikers fairly quickly.

Tell me I'm wrong. You and I both know it doesn't work for us. It's rookie mistake.

You're wrong.

About many things.
  • mgalovic01
    mgalovic01 Posts: 388 Member
    That's what I thought.

I'm intrigued.

Basically, another forefoot to mid-foot runner saying heel striking is ok for some other people. The truth is it's too much stress on the joints.

Regardless, there is evidence that forcing a gait change causes injury, and there is also recent work that indicates that the majority of runners in endurance races are midfoot to heel strikers fairly quickly.

Tell me I'm wrong. You and I both know it doesn't work for us. It's rookie mistake.

You're wrong.

About many things.

So you're a heel striker?
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    That's what I thought.

I'm intrigued.

You're wrong.

About many things.

What part of the world are you from? What's your next race? I'd love to run with you sometime just to observe the various styles and techniques runners use. You may be amazed to learn that there is no one true way to run. Just like most things in life, there's more than one way to get the desired result.

FWIW - My next big race will be the Pittsburgh Marathon. Come join me.
  • mgalovic01
    mgalovic01 Posts: 388 Member
    edited January 2017
    dewd2 wrote: »
    That's what I thought.

I'm intrigued.

You're wrong.

About many things.

What part of the world are you from? What's your next race? I'd love to run with you sometime just to observe the various styles and techniques runners use. You may be amazed to learn that there is no one true way to run. Just like most things in life, there's more than one way to get the desired result.

FWIW - My next big race will be the Pittsburgh Marathon. Come join me.

Well, I wasn't wrong about that. No doubt there are lots of ways to run, but if you're striking the ground with your heel, you got a problem.
    BTW, I don't see any heel strikers chiming in saying I've been striking the ground with my heel for years without any problems. I wonder why that is.
  • LittleMaid17
    LittleMaid17 Posts: 76 Member
    Thanks all.. I've gone to run shop lady fitted me with better fitting shoes.. my feet twist in and out so she had to get shoes to support both sides and ones to fit how wide my feet are.
    I'm looking forward to trying out these new trainers and follow as much of your advise given.. I don't particularly fancy the idea of not running cause I enjoy the mind space it gives me. Hopefully when I'm not as fat it will get more comfortable for me.. wish me luck x