Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Low Calorie Protein Cheesecake.

Replies

• ElvenToadElvenToad Posts: 644Member Member Posts: 644Member Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    ElvenToad wrote: »
    Thank you for this recipe! Question, is your pan 6" x 2"? or would I need a 6" x 3"? And have you ever tried it with chocolate protein powder vs vanilla?

Any protein powder works. I've done caramel, chocolate, and cookies and cream. I even added pumpkin once, but I suggest baking it a bit longer if you do.

I personally use a 6" springform pan.

Awesome! I have a giant tub of chocolate peanut butter that I need to use up :smile:
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Thank you for this recipe! Question, is your pan 6" x 2"? or would I need a 6" x 3"? And have you ever tried it with chocolate protein powder vs vanilla?

I use a 6" x 3" tall spring pan and the cake almost overflows after its baked.
    Any protein powder flavour works, that will be the taste of your cake.
    Also I might or might not have had the whole thing at once lol

Thank you! That's what I was worried about, how much it rises... I will get a 3" high pan. Haha well at least you got your protein in that day :D
    Well I made it using fat free cream cheese and chocolate peanut butter protein powder. Not sure if it was the fat free cream cheese or the protein powder flavor I used... but it tasted so awful! Not edible in any way for me so I am super bummed :/
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 7,246Member Member Posts: 7,246Member Member
    What did you not like about it? So far you are the first one who did not like it haha :)
    Also, do you like the flavour in your protein powder?
  • HG210HG210 Posts: 103Member Member Posts: 103Member Member
    That looks really good
  • JenHuedyJenHuedy Posts: 611Member Member Posts: 611Member Member
    Looks outstanding!

I've made a similar recipe using ricotta cheese and cooked it in ramekins in my pressure cooker. Delicious!
    What did you not like about it? So far you are the first one who did not like it haha :)

The taste was just so awful, nothing like cheesecake at all. I followed directions to a T, but my protein powder is about 6 months expired so maybe that's why? Well I did like the flavor when I bought the tub of it but I haven't used it in a long time. I googled and the majority of people said as long as its stored in a cool dry place it should be fine but maybe not.. so I honestly don't know if it was the powder or just because fat free cream cheese is not tasty (never had it before).

There was definitely no sweetness to the flavor at all, it was tart and rather revolting to my personal taste buds :'(
  • Elise4270Elise4270 Posts: 7,420Member, Premium Member Posts: 7,420Member, Premium Member
    Sounds great. I looked at the On whey online and the ingredients say lethicin. You know if that's soy?

I suppose I could use quest (soy free) instead, but it tends to mix up thicker than most.
    oldsoul918 wrote: »
    @CorneliusPhoton As long as you get the quantity of solids to be more or less equal the result will be a cake haha. With your additions each slice would be around 200cal. Still pretty good for a "cheesecake" no? Next time you want sweetness just add about 1/4 cup of powder zero calorie sweetener and done :)
    Speaking of replacements, I have also made this with blended cottage cheese, skyer etc. All taste great while giving similar calories and nutrition.

If made with cottage cheese, would the cottage cheese take the place of the Greek yogurt or the cream cheese?

Either one. Doesnt matter. Just make sure to blend it, otherwise the cake will be grainy.

The taste was just so awful, nothing like cheesecake at all. I followed directions to a T, but my protein powder is about 6 months expired so maybe that's why? Well I did like the flavor when I bought the tub of it but I haven't used it in a long time. I googled and the majority of people said as long as its stored in a cool dry place it should be fine but maybe not.. so I honestly don't know if it was the powder or just because fat free cream cheese is not tasty (never had it before).

There was definitely no sweetness to the flavor at all, it was tart and rather revolting to my personal taste buds :'(

There you have it. The protein powder you use will dictate the taste.
  • CorneliusPhotonCorneliusPhoton Posts: 965Member Member Posts: 965Member Member
    oldsoul918 wrote: »
    @CorneliusPhoton As long as you get the quantity of solids to be more or less equal the result will be a cake haha. With your additions each slice would be around 200cal. Still pretty good for a "cheesecake" no? Next time you want sweetness just add about 1/4 cup of powder zero calorie sweetener and done :)
    Speaking of replacements, I have also made this with blended cottage cheese, skyer etc. All taste great while giving similar calories and nutrition.

If made with cottage cheese, would the cottage cheese take the place of the Greek yogurt or the cream cheese?

Either one. Doesnt matter. Just make sure to blend it, otherwise the cake will be grainy.

I couldn't imagine it tasting anything like cheesecake without cream cheese, but would be interested in hearing what it does taste like if anybody tries it that way!

There you have it. The protein powder you use will dictate the taste.

Agree that the protein powder flavor is very important. It is probably safest to start with a flavor closer to what is expected in a cheesecake like vanilla and go from there. I don't like my vanilla whey powder at all when I drink it as a shake, but it worked great in this. I think I will add some lemon zest next time.

• fbmandy55fbmandy55 Posts: 5,327Member Member Posts: 5,327Member Member
    Holy hell, this is going on my Pinterest. I have gestational diabetes and cheesecake is one of a few things I can eat and not spike my glucose. I love the idea of adding protein powder to it and it's something I happen to have on hand!