Low Calorie Protein Cheesecake.

Replies

• bkbirgebkbirge Posts: 107Member Member Posts: 107Member Member
    bookmarked, gotta try this
  • ElvenToadElvenToad Posts: 644Member Member Posts: 644Member Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    ElvenToad wrote: »
    crazyravr wrote: »
    What did you not like about it? So far you are the first one who did not like it haha :)
    Also, do you like the flavour in your protein powder?

The taste was just so awful, nothing like cheesecake at all. I followed directions to a T, but my protein powder is about 6 months expired so maybe that's why? Well I did like the flavor when I bought the tub of it but I haven't used it in a long time. I googled and the majority of people said as long as its stored in a cool dry place it should be fine but maybe not.. so I honestly don't know if it was the powder or just because fat free cream cheese is not tasty (never had it before).

There was definitely no sweetness to the flavor at all, it was tart and rather revolting to my personal taste buds :'(

There you have it. The protein powder you use will dictate the taste.

I will buy some Vanilla powder and try again soon, thanks for the help!
  • Caper1972Caper1972 Posts: 25Member Member Posts: 25Member Member
    Mine is in the oven, but I have to say that the batter tastes yummy! I was looking for ways to increase my protein and this was certainly the most appealing.
  • ChadxxChadxx Posts: 1,202Member Member Posts: 1,202Member Member
    I think I am going to bake some blackberries into the next one. I just got through eating a piece along with some blackberries and that extra bit of sweetness really worked well with the cheesecake.
  • babynewbabynew Posts: 669Member Member Posts: 669Member Member
    Wanted to make this for my Kiddo,and was wondering if a sprayed Bunt pan could be used,and if the parchment is absolutely needed in a bunt ,or otherwise ,why if sprayed ?..
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 6,997Member Member Posts: 6,997Member Member
    babynew wrote: »
    Wanted to make this for my Kiddo,and was wondering if a sprayed Bunt pan could be used,and if the parchment is absolutely needed in a bunt ,or otherwise ,why if sprayed ?..

It might or might not stick, most likely it will stick. Also, think about cutting it. If you flip it like a normal bundt cake, it might fall apart. Also baking times might be different.
    Chadxx wrote: »
    I think I am going to bake some blackberries into the next one. I just got through eating a piece along with some blackberries and that extra bit of sweetness really worked well with the cheesecake.

I usually have mine with blueberries and blueberry jam on top along with whipped cream :)
  • hbunting86hbunting86 Posts: 952Member Member Posts: 952Member Member
    I've just put one of these in the oven... I only have a larger cake pan rather than a taller one, so mine will be wider as opposed to being tall - hope this doesn't affect the cooking time, I'll keep checking! I've gone for cookies n cream protein powder with dark cocoa nibs and blueberries... Excited to try it! :smiley: thanks for the recipe, that's just about made my year so far haha :star:
    hbunting86 wrote: »
    I've just put one of these in the oven... I only have a larger cake pan rather than a taller one, so mine will be wider as opposed to being tall - hope this doesn't affect the cooking time, I'll keep checking! I've gone for cookies n cream protein powder with dark cocoa nibs and blueberries... Excited to try it! :smiley: thanks for the recipe, that's just about made my year so far haha :star:

That is by far my absolute fav flavour combo in this cheesecake. I use ON whey cookies and cream with shaved dark chocolate and fresh blueberries mixed in. Dont forger whipped cream on top ;)
  • hbunting86hbunting86 Posts: 952Member Member Posts: 952Member Member
    Haha - oh believe me I won't. My gym buddy is coming round later - he's incredibly excited to try this! We've both been working out really hard, he's lost 10lb in 3 weeks (just healthy eating and exercise, but does have a lot to lose so I think initially some will be water weight). I've only got my last 10lb to lose but concentrating on building muscle, reducing body fat and improving overall fitness. This will be a welcome change - normally our dessert is meringue (I make it with stevia), yogurt and berries with shaved chocolate. Eating a 'REAL' dessert will be amazing haha. Thank you!
  • jessiferrrbjessiferrrb Posts: 1,965Member Member Posts: 1,965Member Member
    Well I made it using fat free cream cheese and chocolate peanut butter protein powder. Not sure if it was the fat free cream cheese or the protein powder flavor I used... but it tasted so awful! Not edible in any way for me so I am super bummed :/

i just threw out the one i made too. i think it may be my protein powder, because the consistency wasn't bad at all, but the taste was unbearable.
    Well I made it using fat free cream cheese and chocolate peanut butter protein powder. Not sure if it was the fat free cream cheese or the protein powder flavor I used... but it tasted so awful! Not edible in any way for me so I am super bummed :/

i just threw out the one i made too. i think it may be my protein powder, because the consistency wasn't bad at all, but the taste was unbearable.

Isn't it just so sad to throw away our much anticipated concoctions? I've tried soooo many mfp recipes in the past and very very few of them actually tasted good. Tiny handful of keepers. I'm not giving up on this one just yet though.. will try again using a brand new tub of Vanilla protein powder and adding a little bit of zero calorie sweetener. REALLY hope it was just the protein powder because I want this in my life haha :D
  • bellaa_x0bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062Member Member Posts: 1,062Member Member

Isn't it just so sad to throw away our much anticipated concoctions? I've tried soooo many mfp recipes in the past and very very few of them actually tasted good. Tiny handful of keepers. I'm not giving up on this one just yet though.. will try again using a brand new tub of Vanilla protein powder and adding a little bit of zero calorie sweetener. REALLY hope it was just the protein powder because I want this in my life haha :D

@ElvenToad i have made protein cheesecakes in the past and also ended up throwing them out... adding the low-cal/zero sweetener to taste plus the sugar free, fat free pudding mix really made the difference in the flavor for me
  • jessiferrrbjessiferrrb Posts: 1,965Member Member Posts: 1,965Member Member

ok, i'll give it another go with some other protein powder as well. :D
    bellaa_x0 wrote: »

@ElvenToad i have made protein cheesecakes in the past and also ended up throwing them out... adding the low-cal/zero sweetener to taste plus the sugar free, fat free pudding mix really made the difference in the flavor for me

Thank you for the tip I will definitely try that!