Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Low Calorie Protein Cheesecake.

Replies

• ElvenToadElvenToad Posts: 644Member Member Posts: 644Member Member
    @bellaa_x0 Do you just use the smaller box size? Or the bigger one? I vaguely remember seeing two different sizes of the pudding mix but wanted to make sure!
  • bellaa_x0bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062Member Member Posts: 1,062Member Member
    ElvenToad wrote: »
    @bellaa_x0 Do you just use the smaller box size? Or the bigger one? I vaguely remember seeing two different sizes of the pudding mix but wanted to make sure!

@ElvenToad i used Jello brand - believe its roughly 40g a packet
    bellaa_x0 wrote: »

@ElvenToad i used Jello brand - believe its roughly 40g a packet

Ok thank you!
  • dm5859dm5859 Posts: 81Member Member Posts: 81Member Member
    @crazyravr is this 6 or 8 servings? You say you make 8 slices, but the recipe says it makes 6 servings.
  • crystallee85crystallee85 Posts: 50Member Member Posts: 50Member Member
    Finally made this last night and I loved it! I did use less cream cheese, 240g, (I'm Cheap) lol but it tastes great. I used chocolate protein powder and used a small cake pan. I got about 9 decent squares out of it. Thank you thank you thank you for sharing!
    @bellaa_x0 More questions sorry :D

What is the pan size you used in your photo? and do you use the same cooking time as the original recipe?
    edited January 2017
    [quote

mine from last night :) recipe is a bit different, but similar to yours

2 scoops of whey (I used Allmax IsoFlex Chocolate)
    454g plain non-fat greek yogurt
    2 large eggs
    46g liquid egg whites
    1 package sugar free fat free chocolate fudge jello pudding mix
    2 packages (448g) fat free cream cheese
    30g dark chocolate cocoa powder
    stevia to taste (I used 25g of truvia)

More questions sorry :D

What is the pan size you used here? and do you use the same cooking time as the original recipe?[/quote]

@ElvenToad bake at 350 for 60 minutes (recipe i used says 45-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean). let it cook for about an hour and refrigerate overnight. i just used a glass pan that i have... not sure the exact size.

i also don't use parchment paper... just sprayed the pan with non-stick cooking spray.
    edited January 2017
    Sweet! I'm going to give your version a shot in vanilla. I also really want to try your chocolate version it looks amazing too!
    Sweet! I'm going to give your version a shot in vanilla. I also really want to try your chocolate version it looks amazing too!

@ElvenToad let me know how you like it :)
  • bama_belle78bama_belle78 Posts: 18Member Member Posts: 18Member Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Thank you for this recipe! Question, is your pan 6" x 2"? or would I need a 6" x 3"? And have you ever tried it with chocolate protein powder vs vanilla?

Any protein powder works. I've done caramel, chocolate, and cookies and cream. I even added pumpkin once, but I suggest baking it a bit longer if you do.

I personally use a 6" springform pan.

i was just going to ask if anyone has made it in a springform pan... can't wait to make this!
  • _dracarys__dracarys_ Posts: 3,493Member Member Posts: 3,493Member Member
    Just popping in to say that Trutein protein powders make amazing cheesecake. I've made a similar recipe to the OP's using Cinnabun, Pumpkin Pie, and Vanilla Bean. It's heavenly.
  • Annie_01Annie_01 Posts: 3,115Member Member Posts: 3,115Member Member
    Has anyone made this in mini cheesecake pans? If so how did you adjust the cooking times.
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 6,997Member Member Posts: 6,997Member Member
    Annie_01 wrote: »
    Has anyone made this in mini cheesecake pans? If so how did you adjust the cooking times.

I did in muffin cups. Adjusted everything by half. I prefer the whole pan way. Just doesnt come out the same.
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 26,391Member Member Posts: 26,391Member Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Annie_01 wrote: »

I did in muffin cups. Adjusted everything by half. I prefer the whole pan way. Just doesnt come out the same.

Yeah plus it's more work, lol.

I have one cooling off as we speak (with Quest cookies and cream powder). Waiting until breakfast tomorrow is going to be torture.
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 26,391Member Member Posts: 26,391Member Member
    Yes, pretty much as tasty as I remember. And my protein powder is old, lol.

I like that it's not very sweet but I can see why some people would want to add a bit of sweetener (obviously that will depend on your protein powder). Honestly... it's just as satisfying as an average cheesecake for me (like grocery store stuff). Definitely not as tasty as Junior's or the Cheesecake Factory for sure though!

1/4th made with light cream cheese came out to 346 calories (13g carb, 22g fat, 27g protein) and it's a nice, big piece.

I'm scared to freeze it though, last time I tried to thaw cheesecake in a few minutes it was a disaster.
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 6,997Member Member Posts: 6,997Member Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I'm scared to freeze it though, last time I tried to thaw cheesecake in a few minutes it was a disaster.

What I do is take out a piece, place it in a ziplock bag in the fridge overnight. It will be ready when you come home and the texture wont change. It will change when you pop it in the microwave, it will dry way out.

• oocdc2oocdc2 Posts: 1,219Member Member Posts: 1,219Member Member

s6fmbdnjzjg7.jpg

OP: Did you take this picture?