Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Low Calorie Protein Cheesecake.

Replies

• Francl27Francl27 Posts: 26,391Member Member Posts: 26,391Member Member
    Annie_01 wrote: »
    Mine is cooling. I turned it in to a pumpkin cheesecake. (had some in the fridge that needed to be used)

Will let you know how it tastes.

Probably too late now but when I made a pumpkin one it wasn't quite set in the middle and should have been baked 5 minutes longer.
    Ok so mine wasn't bad at all... not the prettiest but tasty. We don't have fat free Greek yogurt in France, or low fat cream cheese (!) So I used some bifidus full fat yogurt and «fromage blanc» with my chocolate protein and cocoa powder. Next time I will use less sweetener (eek !) and a smaller, higher pan. 127 Cal for 1/8.irmgkodvevgg.jpg

Try Kiri instead of cream cheese. It's much closer to cream cheese than fromage blanc. But you can probably use fromage blanc for the Greek yogurt.
  • davert123davert123 Posts: 1,428Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,428Member, Premium Member
    This just looks so wrong lol. Great idea, I'll be making it tonight :-)
  • Annie_01Annie_01 Posts: 3,115Member Member Posts: 3,115Member Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Mine is cooling. I turned it in to a pumpkin cheesecake. (had some in the fridge that needed to be used)

Probably too late now but when I made a pumpkin one it wasn't quite set in the middle and should have been baked 5 minutes longer.
    Ok so mine wasn't bad at all... not the prettiest but tasty. We don't have fat free Greek yogurt in France, or low fat cream cheese (!) So I used some bifidus full fat yogurt and «fromage blanc» with my chocolate protein and cocoa powder. Next time I will use less sweetener (eek !) and a smaller, higher pan. 127 Cal for 1/8.irmgkodvevgg.jpg

Try Kiri instead of cream cheese. It's much closer to cream cheese than fromage blanc. But you can probably use fromage blanc for the Greek yogurt.

It actually turned out really well. I baked it for 30min and then 55mins and it was set. I didn't have the right size pan so I just baked it in 9x13 glass casserole. The problem with that size pan...I haven't figured out how to get it out and remove the parchment paper without it crumbling.
  • lululapagaillelululapagaille Posts: 80Member Member Posts: 80Member Member

We have Philadelphia or St Moret which would work too, they're the full fat versions though.
    This version I made reminds me of my mum's tarte au fromage blanc from when I was a kid. She would make it with lemon and raisins. I might try that. I need to get some vanilla protein powder. :)
    edited January 2017
  • bellaa_x0bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062Member Member Posts: 1,062Member Member
    ElvenToad wrote: »
    @bellaa_x0 MUCH improvement over the first one I made so thank you for posting your recipe. Mine came out @190 cal and 20g protein per 8 servings. I topped it with sugar free strawberry jam for an extra 10 cals.

The texture was spot on, it tasted like cheesecake.. definitely edible! Not bad for the macros ;)

yay! so glad you liked it this time around :)
  • hgyctahgycta Posts: 2,952Member Member Posts: 2,952Member Member
    Dang... what other recipes are up your sleeve!?! You don't happen to have any for cakes or brownies, do you???
    Well I am enjoying my pumpkin cheesecake. I took your basic recipe and just added some additional ingredients to it. It is really good especially with a little cool whip on top. It turned out to be 150 calories for 128g. Add 25 calories for the cool whip and I think I had a really nice little dessert after dinner last night for 175 calories. I think it ended up having 10g of protein. I did have to sub vanilla flavored yogurt because that's all I had.

Next time I am making just your basic recipe with raspberries. Did you use fresh or frozen fruit in the one you have pictured? Frozen fruit is always wetter when it unthaws so I am wondering if it will make a difference to the cheesecake setting properly.

Pay no attention to the complaints...I appreciate this recipe. My son loves cheesecake...it is alway his first request for special occasions but I limit making one because of the calories.

• just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 7,045Member Member Posts: 7,045Member Member
    Next time I am making just your basic recipe with raspberries. Did you use fresh or frozen fruit in the one you have pictured? Frozen fruit is always wetter when it unthaws so I am wondering if it will make a difference to the cheesecake setting properly.

Fresh fruit always when I bake. Like you said, frozen will defrost and "bleed" into the cake. Frozen I can put into something like muffins or pancakes.

• greeneyedfurballgreeneyedfurball Posts: 23Member Member Posts: 23Member Member
    I'm enjoying this cheesecake! I made the original recipe (using ON whey) and just added a few mini chocolate chips (about 30 cals per serving). The only difference was that I didn't have a 6-inch pan, so instead I poured the batter into three 4-inch springform pans. I baked at 325 degrees for 30 minutes and skipped the hour at 200. They came out well, although I think they were slightly overdone. I'll have to fool around with the time/temp a bit in the future. The servings are very filling!
  • bkbirgebkbirge Posts: 107Member Member Posts: 107Member Member
    Tried this last night, followed the directions as best I could, couldn't find low/no fat cream cheese at the store so used fat-free Neufchatel. Used no-fat greek yogurt, next time I may use low-fat instead. Folded in a 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips.

Prepped exactly as directions stated, it's important to get that high speed mix going to add the fluff. Texture turned out nice, not as dense as some of my traditional cheesecake attempts, not as light and flaky as good bakery made ones. Good flavor too.

Protein powder I used was myprotein.com impact whey chocolate smooth.

Filling, tasty, and macro friendly, and still low calorie even with the chocolate chips (about 230/kcal serving with 6 servings per cake) thanks to crazyravr for sharing, this recipe is a keeper!
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 26,391Member Member Posts: 26,391Member Member
    Dumb question, but has anyone tried it with low fat cream cheese AND fat free (not at the same time) and can comment on the taste/texture difference? I wouldn't mind saving more calories if it doesn't lose much in term of texture.
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 7,045Member Member Posts: 7,045Member Member
    Dumb question, but has anyone tried it with low fat cream cheese AND fat free (not at the same time) and can comment on the taste/texture difference? I wouldn't mind saving more calories if it doesn't lose much in term of texture.

All the time. Whatever I can get my hands on. Texture does not change for me. The texture comes from the high speed blending in the mixer.... its my uneducated guess.
    I used a combination of fat free and lower fat because that's what I had in the fridge. The texture was fine but I haven't tried it with all fat free nor all lower fat so I can't compare.
  • that_coolnerdthat_coolnerd Posts: 31Member Member Posts: 31Member Member
    I can't wait to try this out!
  • CooCooPuffCooCooPuff Posts: 4,374Member Member Posts: 4,374Member Member
    I'm saving this recipe for my Dad's birthday. He's been doing really well with watching his carbs to manage his diabetes and this is something he wouldn't mind sparing for. Ten is very doable.
  • ChadxxChadxx Posts: 1,202Member Member Posts: 1,202Member Member
    I have another in the oven right now with fresh blackberries in it. It smells good and is giving me the munchies.
  • shealoshealo Posts: 12Member Member Posts: 12Member Member
    So excited to try this!!!
  • JenHuedyJenHuedy Posts: 611Member Member Posts: 611Member Member
    Totally going to try this with a Greek cream cheese I found. Higher in protein and lower fat. Now just have to decide if I will add blackberries or blueberries!