Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Low Calorie Protein Cheesecake.

1626365676871

Replies

  • laurenebargarlaurenebargar Posts: 988Member Member Posts: 988Member Member
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    Havent been on the forums in forever, but I just made this last night, my best one yet! Thanks again for the recipe!

    1i4v21nhrwaw.jpg

    xkdp1kedadtw.jpg

    did you put sprinkles on top?

    Yup! I baked 80 cals worth of sprinkles ontop and it made this nice top coating actually haha, I originally did it so it would look nice but it actually tastes great too!
  • raymax4raymax4 Posts: 6,023Member, Premium Member Posts: 6,023Member, Premium Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    Havent been on the forums in forever, but I just made this last night, my best one yet! Thanks again for the recipe!

    1i4v21nhrwaw.jpg

    xkdp1kedadtw.jpg

    did you put sprinkles on top?

    Yup! I baked 80 cals worth of sprinkles ontop and it made this nice top coating actually haha, I originally did it so it would look nice but it actually tastes great too!

    Excellent!!!!!
    I am toying around with a no-bake version now, because its too damn hot to bake around here.

    Im interested in what you get!
  • hellonew2015hellonew2015 Posts: 324Member Member Posts: 324Member Member
    My problem with this DELICIOUS Low Calorie Protein Cheesecake is moderation haha. Even when I freeze it by the slice still gonna over indulge and go over my deficit :( - it is a love hate relationship!!!!!!
  • laurenebargarlaurenebargar Posts: 988Member Member Posts: 988Member Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    Havent been on the forums in forever, but I just made this last night, my best one yet! Thanks again for the recipe!

    1i4v21nhrwaw.jpg

    xkdp1kedadtw.jpg

    did you put sprinkles on top?

    Yup! I baked 80 cals worth of sprinkles ontop and it made this nice top coating actually haha, I originally did it so it would look nice but it actually tastes great too!

    Excellent!!!!!
    I am toying around with a no-bake version now, because its too damn hot to bake around here.

    Very hot here too!! Ill be on the lookout if you make a no make version!
  • DoubleUbeaDoubleUbea Posts: 1,128Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,128Member, Premium Member
    Take out and spray a 6’’ cake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
    Put parchment paper inside your cake pan.


    Spray it and then add the parchment paper, or put the parchment paper in and then spray the parchment paper. Or choice three, one or the other.


    Does it rise? It looks tall in the pictures.
    edited July 2018
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 7,014Member Member Posts: 7,014Member Member
    I guess.... but what do I know.

    cfz0c7qv4kwe.jpg
  • DoubleUbeaDoubleUbea Posts: 1,128Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,128Member, Premium Member
    Eight inch cake pans are not very tall, one or two inches. Is a bundt pan better? I look at your final product and it looks at least three inches tall, I look at others and they seem not so tall.

    I am planning to make this in the afternoon for the weekend. (You said give it a night in the refrigerator) Maybe after I see how much batter there is I can better gauge what pan to use.
    edited July 2018
  • vegmebuffvegmebuff Posts: 31,390Member Member Posts: 31,390Member Member
    raymax4 wrote: »
    crazyravr wrote: »
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    Havent been on the forums in forever, but I just made this last night, my best one yet! Thanks again for the recipe!

    1i4v21nhrwaw.jpg

    xkdp1kedadtw.jpg

    did you put sprinkles on top?

    Yup! I baked 80 cals worth of sprinkles ontop and it made this nice top coating actually haha, I originally did it so it would look nice but it actually tastes great too!

    Excellent!!!!!
    I am toying around with a no-bake version now, because its too damn hot to bake around here.

    Im interested in what you get!

    Maybe try your outdoor grill ? - maybe a applewood smoked cheesecake using applewood wood chips :p
    I love using my mini convection oven in the summer (actually I use it most of the time) because it uses less energy - works really well for smaller meals and barely heats the kitchen up...

    just some thoughts...
  • DoubleUbeaDoubleUbea Posts: 1,128Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,128Member, Premium Member
    I didn't know this, some cake pans have very high sides. I always thought cake pans had short sides. Perhaps I have to make two.
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 7,014Member Member Posts: 7,014Member Member
    DoubleUbea wrote: »
    Eight inch cake pans are not very tall, one or two inches. Is a bundt pan better? I look at your final product and it looks at least three inches tall, I look at others and they seem not so tall.

    I am planning to make this in the afternoon for the weekend. (You said give it a night in the refrigerator) Maybe after I see how much batter there is I can better gauge what pan to use.

    Did you read the VERY FIRST post?
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 7,014Member Member Posts: 7,014Member Member
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    raymax4 wrote: »
    crazyravr wrote: »
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    Havent been on the forums in forever, but I just made this last night, my best one yet! Thanks again for the recipe!

    1i4v21nhrwaw.jpg

    xkdp1kedadtw.jpg

    did you put sprinkles on top?

    Yup! I baked 80 cals worth of sprinkles ontop and it made this nice top coating actually haha, I originally did it so it would look nice but it actually tastes great too!

    Excellent!!!!!
    I am toying around with a no-bake version now, because its too damn hot to bake around here.

    Im interested in what you get!

    Maybe try your outdoor grill ? - maybe a applewood smoked cheesecake using applewood wood chips :p
    I love using my mini convection oven in the summer (actually I use it most of the time) because it uses less energy - works really well for smaller meals and barely heats the kitchen up...

    just some thoughts...

    Ohhhh dont get me wrong I use my Breville all the time. I have lived in my new condo now 2 years and have not used the large oven once lol
    As for the smoker, I am not a big fan of smoked desserts at all. Tried couple store bought and nope, not for me.
  • DoubleUbeaDoubleUbea Posts: 1,128Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,128Member, Premium Member
    Yes, I wrote "8" but I meant six. I read the first post so well I questioned why you sprayed the pan first and then put parchment paper down.
    The cake pans I have are eight or nine inch and are not tall. Cream cheese comes in 244g packages. I will have to put the recipe on hold for now. I have the wrong size cake pans and I have only one package of the wrong size cream cheese.

    Thanks
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 7,014Member Member Posts: 7,014Member Member
    DoubleUbea wrote: »
    Yes, I wrote "8" but I meant six. I read the first post so well I questioned why you sprayed the pan first and then put parchment paper down.
    The cake pans I have are eight or nine inch and are not tall. Cream cheese comes in 244g packages. I will have to put the recipe on hold for now. I have the wrong size cake pans and I have only one package of the wrong size cream cheese.

    Thanks

    If you dont have the same cake pan size, you will have to make adjustments in quantity, times and temps. People have done it with mixed results.
  • vegmebuffvegmebuff Posts: 31,390Member Member Posts: 31,390Member Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    raymax4 wrote: »
    crazyravr wrote: »
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    Havent been on the forums in forever, but I just made this last night, my best one yet! Thanks again for the recipe!

    1i4v21nhrwaw.jpg

    xkdp1kedadtw.jpg

    did you put sprinkles on top?

    Yup! I baked 80 cals worth of sprinkles ontop and it made this nice top coating actually haha, I originally did it so it would look nice but it actually tastes great too!

    Excellent!!!!!
    I am toying around with a no-bake version now, because its too damn hot to bake around here.

    Im interested in what you get!

    Maybe try your outdoor grill ? - maybe a applewood smoked cheesecake using applewood wood chips :p
    I love using my mini convection oven in the summer (actually I use it most of the time) because it uses less energy - works really well for smaller meals and barely heats the kitchen up...

    just some thoughts...

    Ohhhh dont get me wrong I use my Breville all the time. I have lived in my new condo now 2 years and have not used the large oven once lol
    As for the smoker, I am not a big fan of smoked desserts at all. Tried couple store bought and nope, not for me.

    I've not tried a smoked cheese cake before - just heard about them - good to hear your take on them. But you could still bake your cake on the grill without 'smoking' it though ? I don't know much about grills though lol!
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 7,014Member Member Posts: 7,014Member Member
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    crazyravr wrote: »
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    raymax4 wrote: »
    crazyravr wrote: »
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    Havent been on the forums in forever, but I just made this last night, my best one yet! Thanks again for the recipe!

    1i4v21nhrwaw.jpg

    xkdp1kedadtw.jpg

    did you put sprinkles on top?

    Yup! I baked 80 cals worth of sprinkles ontop and it made this nice top coating actually haha, I originally did it so it would look nice but it actually tastes great too!

    Excellent!!!!!
    I am toying around with a no-bake version now, because its too damn hot to bake around here.

    Im interested in what you get!

    Maybe try your outdoor grill ? - maybe a applewood smoked cheesecake using applewood wood chips :p
    I love using my mini convection oven in the summer (actually I use it most of the time) because it uses less energy - works really well for smaller meals and barely heats the kitchen up...

    just some thoughts...

    Ohhhh dont get me wrong I use my Breville all the time. I have lived in my new condo now 2 years and have not used the large oven once lol
    As for the smoker, I am not a big fan of smoked desserts at all. Tried couple store bought and nope, not for me.

    I've not tried a smoked cheese cake before - just heard about them - good to hear your take on them. But you could still bake your cake on the grill without 'smoking' it though ? I don't know much about grills though lol!

    I could but its not easy to control the temp like in the oven. Also, the grill smells of grilled meats, veggies, spices and grease :) it would not be a good idea hehe.

    If you want to "taste and smell" what smoked cheesecake is like, just add a splash of liquid smoke seasoning to this recipe. Trust me, you will never make it again lol
    edited July 2018
  • adannaya2adannaya2 Posts: 2Member, Premium Member Posts: 2Member, Premium Member
    I'm thinking about giving this a go, but I wondered if you've ever tried a cottage cheese/Greek yogurt cheesecake before? Also, do you have a favorite non-funky-tasting protein powder?
  • vegmebuffvegmebuff Posts: 31,390Member Member Posts: 31,390Member Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    crazyravr wrote: »
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    raymax4 wrote: »
    crazyravr wrote: »
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    Havent been on the forums in forever, but I just made this last night, my best one yet! Thanks again for the recipe!

    1i4v21nhrwaw.jpg

    xkdp1kedadtw.jpg

    did you put sprinkles on top?

    Yup! I baked 80 cals worth of sprinkles ontop and it made this nice top coating actually haha, I originally did it so it would look nice but it actually tastes great too!

    Excellent!!!!!
    I am toying around with a no-bake version now, because its too damn hot to bake around here.

    Im interested in what you get!

    Maybe try your outdoor grill ? - maybe a applewood smoked cheesecake using applewood wood chips :p
    I love using my mini convection oven in the summer (actually I use it most of the time) because it uses less energy - works really well for smaller meals and barely heats the kitchen up...

    just some thoughts...

    Ohhhh dont get me wrong I use my Breville all the time. I have lived in my new condo now 2 years and have not used the large oven once lol
    As for the smoker, I am not a big fan of smoked desserts at all. Tried couple store bought and nope, not for me.

    I've not tried a smoked cheese cake before - just heard about them - good to hear your take on them. But you could still bake your cake on the grill without 'smoking' it though ? I don't know much about grills though lol!

    I could but its not easy to control the temp like in the oven. Also, the grill smells of grilled meats, veggies, spices and grease :) it would not be a good idea hehe.

    If you want to "taste and smell" what smoked cheesecake is like, just add a splash of liquid smoke seasoning to this recipe. Trust me, you will never make it again lol

    good points...will not be trying!
  • maureenkhildemaureenkhilde Posts: 538Member Member Posts: 538Member Member
    Well I am going to make this for this coming Saturday. There is a Birthday party and I needed to bring a cake, problem solved, and I know just the topping.
  • pessxxpessxx Posts: 307Member Member Posts: 307Member Member
    Crazyravr, we can do also crepes with protein powder? Do you have a recipe ? So not pancakes ,but crepes :smile:
Sign In or Register to comment.