Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Low Calorie Protein Cheesecake.

Replies

• stljamstljam Posts: 286Member Member Posts: 286Member Member
    How long is this good for in the fridge? I made mine last Monday.

I make mine on Saturday or Sunday and eat a slice each day, Monday through Saturday with no issues and no freezing.
  • stljamstljam Posts: 286Member Member Posts: 286Member Member
    I've been debating using some of the performix wafers and unsweetened applesauce for a crust. Has anyone tried those or maybe other wafer protein bars?

I know others have used teddy grahams with success.
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 7,050Member Member Posts: 7,050Member Member
    stljam wrote: »
    I've been debating using some of the performix wafers and unsweetened applesauce for a crust. Has anyone tried those or maybe other wafer protein bars?

Those will work for sure if you blend them and press into a base. Skip the apple sauce. It might make it too watery. Check my v2.0 recipe.
    pessxx wrote: »
    Crazyravr, we can do also crepes with protein powder? Do you have a recipe ? So not pancakes ,but crepes :smile:

Crepes are such low calorie things that you should not mess with perfection. Just use creamed cottage cheese mixed with protein powder as a filler :)

adannaya2 wrote: »
    I'm thinking about giving this a go, but I wondered if you've ever tried a cottage cheese/Greek yogurt cheesecake before? Also, do you have a favorite non-funky-tasting protein powder?

Check v2.0 of the recipe. Also, only some vegan powders are "funky" lol
    How long is this good for in the fridge? I made mine last Monday.

I make mine on Saturday or Sunday and eat a slice each day, Monday through Saturday with no issues and no freezing.

Two weeks in the fridge no problem. This was only an experiment and no way it will stay that long every again.
  • raymax4raymax4 Posts: 6,023Member, Premium Member Posts: 6,023Member, Premium Member
    Quick oats or just about any kind of cookie will do with any kind of mashed fruit seems to work for me as long as I stick to the ratios for the crust
  • adannaya2adannaya2 Posts: 2Member, Premium Member Posts: 2Member, Premium Member
    crazyravr wrote: »

Those will work for sure if you blend them and press into a base. Skip the apple sauce. It might make it too watery. Check my v2.0 recipe.
    pessxx wrote: »
    Crazyravr, we can do also crepes with protein powder? Do you have a recipe ? So not pancakes ,but crepes :smile:

Crepes are such low calorie things that you should not mess with perfection. Just use creamed cottage cheese mixed with protein powder as a filler :)

adannaya2 wrote: »
    I'm thinking about giving this a go, but I wondered if you've ever tried a cottage cheese/Greek yogurt cheesecake before? Also, do you have a favorite non-funky-tasting protein powder?

Check v2.0 of the recipe.

I will try but I can't get the hang of searching these forums.
    adannaya2 wrote:

Check v2.0 of the recipe.

I will try but I can't get the hang of searching these forums.

[/quote]

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10500016/low-calorie-protein-cheesecake/p48
    edited July 2018
  • raymax4raymax4 Posts: 6,023Member, Premium Member Posts: 6,023Member, Premium Member
    Crazyravr,
    I bought a 6 inch pan while I was out visiting my dad. The texture is the same it the 6 in single recipe, and the 8 inch double recipe with the same cooking instructions. They come to about the same height.
  • DoubleUbeaDoubleUbea Posts: 1,128Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,128Member, Premium Member
    edited August 2018
  • DoubleUbeaDoubleUbea Posts: 1,128Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,128Member, Premium Member
    jffydwhawq7m.jpg f55961okxjhz.jpg

Was very good, I should have used more fresh blueberries. It wasn't sweet, and I don't mind. Added a blueberry drizzle sauce (fresh blueberries, sugar, water, boil it and then use cornstarch to thicken) which added more blueberries and a little more sweetness.The family seemed to enjoy it.

My tin was much wider, but the cooking times were close to being the same. I tested doneness by sticking a toothpick in the center, when it came out damp with no visible pieces on it, I closed the door and shut off the oven and let it cool in the oven as the oven cooled as you recommended. I put it in the refrigerator overnight and it was great.
    edited August 2018
  • strongerbythedaystrongerbytheday Posts: 116Member Member Posts: 116Member Member
    I finally got around to making this!! This is chocolate peanut butter with mini chocolate chips. I don’t have the reccomended size spring pan, so my pieces are not very tall, but they are still delicious! I can’t wait to experiment with other flavors! I used my homemade, whole milk yogurt strained to greek consistency and neufchatel cheese which has 1/3 the fat of cream cheese. Awesome recipe thanks for sharing @crazyravr !!
    7dx5ppu8wxa6.jpeg
    edited August 2018
    I finally got around to making this!! This is chocolate peanut butter with mini chocolate chips. I don’t have the reccomended size spring pan, so my pieces are not very tall, but they are still delicious! I can’t wait to experiment with other flavors! I used my homemade, whole milk yogurt strained to greek consistency and neufchatel cheese which has 1/3 the fat of cream cheese. Awesome recipe thanks for sharing @crazyravr !!
    7dx5ppu8wxa6.jpeg

Nice!!!
  • amrnader1909amrnader1909 Posts: 1Member Member Posts: 1Member Member
    Looks good!
  • travelling_lotstravelling_lots Posts: 378Member Member Posts: 378Member Member
    Got tonnes of questions regarding this so I might as well post it here.

I will post here but also make another post in the main forum. Got waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many questions about that lol

I eat a slice everyday, make it weekly and it helps me with the protein intake while fulfilling the sweet tooth haha :) These also freeze VERY well. I make 8 portions / slices and freeze. Take one out when I want one and into the toaster oven for few minutes to warm up while I make coffee.

Notice I do not add any sweetener or sugar to this.
    If you like things sweet add honey or make a sweet topping like a jam or compote.

s6fmbdnjzjg7.jpg

Fat Free / Low Fat Cream Cheese (340g) package
    Plain Fat Free Greek Yogurt (350g)
    2 Eggs
    1/4 Teaspoon Salt
    2 Scoops Protein Powder (60g) (here I used Vanilla ON Whey)
    1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract

Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl for 3:00 minutes on low speed.
    Use spatula and scrape the sides and mix for additional minute on high.
    Fold in chocolate chips, fruit etc. etc. Whatever you like. Here I used Blueberries.
    Take out and spray a 6’’ cake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
    Put parchment paper inside your cake pan.
    Bake on 325°F for 30:00 minute.
    Turn your oven down to 200°F and bake for another 60:00.

Let cool in the oven then put in the fridge for at least couple hours or better yet overnight.

Nutrition Facts

Servings 6.0
    Amount Per Serving
    calories 137

Total Fat 2 g 3 %
    Saturated Fat 1 g 3 %
    Monounsaturated Fat 1 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 80 mg 27 %
    Sodium 563 mg 23 %
    Potassium 305 mg 9 %
    Total Carbohydrate 10 g 3 %
    Dietary Fiber 1 g 3 %
    Sugars 9 g
    Protein 16 g 31 %
    Vitamin A 19 %
    Vitamin C 6 %
    Calcium 23 %
    Iron 8 %

Wow!
    Just noticed this posting of yours.
    Have you tried it without the protein powder if not what would you substitute it with.
    Thanks

I will post here but also make another post in the main forum. Got waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many questions about that lol

I eat a slice everyday, make it weekly and it helps me with the protein intake while fulfilling the sweet tooth haha :) These also freeze VERY well. I make 8 portions / slices and freeze. Take one out when I want one and into the toaster oven for few minutes to warm up while I make coffee.

If you like things sweet add honey or make a sweet topping like a jam or compote.

s6fmbdnjzjg7.jpg

2 Eggs
    1/4 Teaspoon Salt

Fold in chocolate chips, fruit etc. etc. Whatever you like. Here I used Blueberries.

Let cool in the oven then put in the fridge for at least couple hours or better yet overnight.

Nutrition Facts

Servings 6.0
    Amount Per Serving
    calories 137

Total Fat 2 g 3 %
    Saturated Fat 1 g 3 %
    Monounsaturated Fat 1 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 80 mg 27 %
    Sodium 563 mg 23 %
    Potassium 305 mg 9 %
    Dietary Fiber 1 g 3 %
    Sugars 9 g
    Protein 16 g 31 %
    Vitamin A 19 %
    Vitamin C 6 %
    Calcium 23 %
    Iron 8 %

Wow!
    Have you tried it without the protein powder if not what would you substitute it with.
    Thanks

I have no idea, but the protein powder is what gives this cake a low calorie and high protein element. Otherwise just bake a real cheesecake.
  • travelling_lotstravelling_lots Posts: 378Member Member Posts: 378Member Member

s6fmbdnjzjg7.jpg

2 Eggs
    1/4 Teaspoon Salt

Nutrition Facts

Servings 6.0
    Amount Per Serving
    calories 137

Total Fat 2 g 3 %
    Saturated Fat 1 g 3 %
    Monounsaturated Fat 1 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 80 mg 27 %
    Sodium 563 mg 23 %
    Potassium 305 mg 9 %
    Dietary Fiber 1 g 3 %
    Sugars 9 g
    Protein 16 g 31 %
    Vitamin A 19 %
    Vitamin C 6 %
    Calcium 23 %
    Iron 8 %

Wow!
    Thanks

I have no idea, but the protein powder is what gives this cake a low calorie and high protein element. Otherwise just bake a real cheesecake.

Never bought protein powder. But I guess I can start now. I’ll give it a try. Looks delicious though.
    Thanks
  • vegmebuffvegmebuff Posts: 31,390Member Member Posts: 31,390Member Member

s6fmbdnjzjg7.jpg

2 Eggs
    1/4 Teaspoon Salt

Nutrition Facts

Servings 6.0
    Amount Per Serving
    calories 137

Total Fat 2 g 3 %
    Saturated Fat 1 g 3 %
    Monounsaturated Fat 1 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 80 mg 27 %
    Sodium 563 mg 23 %
    Potassium 305 mg 9 %
    Dietary Fiber 1 g 3 %
    Sugars 9 g
    Protein 16 g 31 %
    Vitamin A 19 %
    Vitamin C 6 %
    Calcium 23 %
    Iron 8 %

Wow!
    Thanks

Never bought protein powder. But I guess I can start now. I’ll give it a try. Looks delicious though.
    Thanks

just so you know too...you can find individual 'to go' pouches to try (Vega or Greens) instead of committing to entire tub of powder that you may or may not like...they are all so different.
    vegmebuff wrote: »

s6fmbdnjzjg7.jpg

2 Eggs
    1/4 Teaspoon Salt

Nutrition Facts

Servings 6.0
    Amount Per Serving
    calories 137

Total Fat 2 g 3 %
    Saturated Fat 1 g 3 %
    Monounsaturated Fat 1 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 80 mg 27 %
    Sodium 563 mg 23 %
    Potassium 305 mg 9 %
    Dietary Fiber 1 g 3 %
    Sugars 9 g
    Protein 16 g 31 %
    Vitamin A 19 %
    Vitamin C 6 %
    Calcium 23 %
    Iron 8 %

Wow!
    Thanks

Thanks

just so you know too...you can find individual 'to go' pouches to try (Vega or Greens) instead of committing to entire tub of powder that you may or may not like...they are all so different.

Thank you. I’ll check the pouches first then.

s6fmbdnjzjg7.jpg

2 Eggs
    1/4 Teaspoon Salt

Nutrition Facts

Servings 6.0
    Amount Per Serving
    calories 137

Total Fat 2 g 3 %
    Saturated Fat 1 g 3 %
    Monounsaturated Fat 1 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 80 mg 27 %
    Sodium 563 mg 23 %
    Potassium 305 mg 9 %
    Dietary Fiber 1 g 3 %
    Sugars 9 g
    Protein 16 g 31 %
    Vitamin A 19 %
    Vitamin C 6 %
    Calcium 23 %
    Iron 8 %

Wow!
    Thanks

Thanks

What I do is go to a website, such as Canadaprotein.com and get their sample packs. I know its not cheaper than getting a 5lbs tub of the stuff, but here I have loads of different flavours to try to about $1/serving.

s6fmbdnjzjg7.jpg

2 Eggs
    1/4 Teaspoon Salt

Nutrition Facts

Servings 6.0
    Amount Per Serving
    calories 137

Total Fat 2 g 3 %
    Saturated Fat 1 g 3 %
    Monounsaturated Fat 1 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 80 mg 27 %
    Sodium 563 mg 23 %
    Potassium 305 mg 9 %
    Dietary Fiber 1 g 3 %
    Sugars 9 g
    Protein 16 g 31 %
    Vitamin A 19 %
    Vitamin C 6 %
    Calcium 23 %
    Iron 8 %

Wow!
    Thanks

Thanks

What I do is go to a website, such as Canadaprotein.com and get their sample packs. I know its not cheaper than getting a 5lbs tub of the stuff, but here I have loads of different flavours to try to about $1/serving.

Ok thanks, checked whole foods yesterday only tubs.
    Will check the site. Thanks
  • Anna28518Anna28518 Posts: 477Member Member Posts: 477Member Member
    Now I've got the smell of this wonderful looking cheesecake in the kitchen. Does it really have to go in the fridge next? Cruel, lol. Can't wait to try it.