Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Low Calorie Protein Cheesecake.

Replies

• vnb_208vnb_208 Posts: 1,355Member Member Posts: 1,355Member Member
    kaygold wrote: »
    I have loved this thread since it was started!!! I used to make a cheesecake every week, went into a lull, and have recently started making one a week again! I’ve learned so much from everyone who shares on this thread , so wanted to share some of my creations with you all as well :)

Peanut butter :

e9r7l69ffvf0.jpeg

Cookies and cream:

dbbk9pedudbq.jpeg

And pumpkin caramel Cinnamon Toast Crunch
    kmiwhyusgxap.jpeg

Why cant you live closer I legit suck at baking at spend $15 for a cheesecake today with 350 cals and didnt even hold a candle to your amazing creations
  • travelling_lotstravelling_lots Posts: 378Member Member Posts: 378Member Member
    DoubleUbea wrote: »
    Depending on the kitchen aid model did you raise the bowl? If the beaters angle up did you make sure they were all the way down?

The bowl doesn't raise and the beaters don't angle up - the bowl sits on a base

well, the beater does angle up when I raise the mixer head, but it was lowered

--
    I'm completely confused with what you guys are saying.
    All my appliances are kitchen aid

Kitchen aid blender situation, and the only way I can think of making a mess is buy lifting the head with out stopping the mixer. There is a lock on the other side, I guess to prevent things like that.

Also a plastic cover around the bowl to prevent splattering.

Kitchen aid blender situation. Also seeing In my head, I'm seeing that someone using a blender turning it on without putting the lid on. Both cases would make a horrible mess.

Am I Missing the picture of this conversation????

Maybe I should add if using a blender even when on and contents are not going to spill out, unplug the blender to really make sure it's power is off, not just the button before sticking a spoon, fork or your hand in it. Well, it may be just more than a mess.

Oh my god, now I'm picturing a garbage disposal.

Never thought this happens in real life just cartoons. Reason I'm confused.
    edited August 2018
  • DoubleUbeaDoubleUbea Posts: 1,128Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,128Member, Premium Member
    I think you understand, but I don't understand how the batter sprayed all over.
    I don't think our Kitchen Aid has a top over the bowl, this is one where the bowl raises and lowers, not one where the head tilts back. The only time I have made a mess is when I lowered the bowl with the blades in motion.
  • AnnPT77AnnPT77 Posts: 12,159Member Member Posts: 12,159Member Member
    Some combination of wrong beater attachment for the thing being beaten, and/or too small a mixer bowl for the amount, and/or too high a beater speed can lead to the messy result. The spatter shield saves you from some of that, and a hunk of strategically-applied waxed paper is a an acceptable substitute for the shield in many scenarios.
  • DoubleUbeaDoubleUbea Posts: 1,128Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,128Member, Premium Member
    I am not the one having problems.
  • travelling_lotstravelling_lots Posts: 378Member Member Posts: 378Member Member

I don't think our Kitchen Aid has a top over the bowl, no,just a splatter plastic around the bowl. So when it's moving you can ingredients with no difficulty,,this is one where the bowl raises and lowers, same situation must be at full stop before doing anything. not one where the head tilts back. The only time I have made a mess is when I lowered the bowl with the blades in motion.
    . Exactly. Motion stops then you lift.
    Yes true but you cat lift if things are momen t yes but if you stick things in things can damagaed and broken Stop then you can moves things or out.

• TheFlyOnTheWallTheFlyOnTheWall Posts: 59Member Member Posts: 59Member Member
    this is the mixer: https://www.amazon.ca/KitchenAid-Ultra-4-5-Quart-Tilt-Head-Beater/dp/B0199PI5QW

I followed the recipe, mixing for 3 minutes on low and all was fine - turned it off, raised the head, scraped the bowl, lowered the head, locked it, and turned it onto high - next thing I knew, there was a dollop of batter on the floor, and it progressed from there

Since this hasn't happened to anyone else, I guess it's just me

I don't think our Kitchen Aid has a top over the bowl, no,just a splatter plastic around the bowl. So when it's moving you can ingredients with no difficulty,,this is one where the bowl raises and lowers, same situation must be at full stop before doing anything. not one where the head tilts back. The only time I have made a mess is when I lowered the bowl with the blades in motion.
    Yes true but you cat lift if things are momen t yes but if you stick things in things can damagaed and broken Stop then you can moves things or out.

I have no idea what happened to my posted reply sure isn't what just above. Weird
    edited August 2018
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 7,050Member Member Posts: 7,050Member Member
    soooo....I attempted to make another cheesecake tonight - the first few I made were awesome using my hand mixer - then I bought a KitchenAid mixer and used it tonight - after turning it on high for the final minute, I ended up with more batter on the walls, the counter, the floor, and me than I did in the bowl :s

I'm sure @crazyravr said he uses a KitchenAid - did this not happen to you? Did I do something wrong? I'm pretty bummed, I was looking forward to cheesecake tomorrow and now all the batter is in the garbage...and my hair :/

There is a plastic cover that goes on lol :) also, if your batter was that thin, you did something wrong (used wrong product)?
    If you did exactly as per recipe, its simple, next time increase the speed slowly, and if you see things start to splatter, dont increase the speed anymore. Just let it run.
    edited August 2018
    this is the mixer: https://www.amazon.ca/KitchenAid-Ultra-4-5-Quart-Tilt-Head-Beater/dp/B0199PI5QW

I followed the recipe, mixing for 3 minutes on low and all was fine - turned it off, raised the head, scraped the bowl, lowered the head, locked it, and turned it onto high - next thing I knew, there was a dollop of batter on the floor, and it progressed from there

Since this hasn't happened to anyone else, I guess it's just me

Thats exactly what I use, and I use the attachment that on the right of that picture, with the silicon scraper thingy attached.
    This model didn't come with a cover - I'm thinking of upgrading it and getting one that comes with a cover, and a bowl with a handle - this bowl doesn't have a handle, and man was it slippery when I was trying to remove it when it was covered with batter! LOL

Yeah, I did use the scraper thing - I'll give it another go tonight, and will ramp up the speed slowly this time
    This model didn't come with a cover - I'm thinking of upgrading it and getting one that comes with a cover, and a bowl with a handle - this bowl doesn't have a handle, and man was it slippery when I was trying to remove it when it was covered with batter! LOL

Yeah, I did use the scraper thing - I'll give it another go tonight, and will ramp up the speed slowly this time

Weird, my has the handle and the cover, but its also 5 years old now.
  • chubbycatcornerchubbycatcorner Posts: 92Member Member Posts: 92Member Member
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    I have loved this thread since it was started!!! I used to make a cheesecake every week, went into a lull, and have recently started making one a week again! I’ve learned so much from everyone who shares on this thread , so wanted to share some of my creations with you all as well :)

Peanut butter :

e9r7l69ffvf0.jpeg

Cookies and cream:

dbbk9pedudbq.jpeg

kmiwhyusgxap.jpeg

Why cant you live closer I legit suck at baking at spend $15 for a cheesecake today with 350 cals and didnt even hold a candle to your amazing creations

Marry me lol
    crazyravr wrote: »

Peanut butter :

e9r7l69ffvf0.jpeg

Cookies and cream:

dbbk9pedudbq.jpeg

kmiwhyusgxap.jpeg

Marry me lol

Been there done that, not doing it again lol :) much cheaper to just send you cakes once a while lol hahaha :)

—-
    From cheese cake to marriage proposals. This site has it all

I was having a crap two days. But now I feel better.

You guys made me have a good laugh.

Thanks!
  • vegmebuffvegmebuff Posts: 31,390Member Member Posts: 31,390Member Member

Peanut butter :

e9r7l69ffvf0.jpeg

Cookies and cream:

dbbk9pedudbq.jpeg

kmiwhyusgxap.jpeg

Marry me lol

Been there done that, not doing it again lol :) much cheaper to just send you cakes once a while lol hahaha :)

—-
    From cheese cake to marriage proposals. This site has it all

I was having a crap two days. But now I feel better.

You guys made me have a good laugh.

Thanks!

now go and make thee a cheese cake...that will for sure cheer you up
    Couldn't go up past the 4 on the speed selection - I could tell by looking at it that the batter was getting ready to start flying! But it tastes dee-licious and so creamy! I used Source 0% Vanilla yogurt.

nn8y2bpb0bn7.jpg
    Couldn't go up past the 4 on the speed selection - I could tell by looking at it that the batter was getting ready to start flying! But it tastes dee-licious and so creamy! I used Source 0% Vanilla yogurt.

nn8y2bpb0bn7.jpg

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you were making the V2 then? In that case yea, the butter will be much thinner than in V1. Glad you like it :)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you were making the V2 then? In that case yea, the butter will be much thinner than in V1. Glad you like it :)

It's V1 with regular yogurt instead of greek - is that V2? I lost track LOL

It's V1 with regular yogurt instead of greek - is that V2? I lost track LOL

Then you are not using the recipe. You made your own mix.