Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Low Calorie Protein Cheesecake.

Replies

• just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 7,080Member Member Posts: 7,080Member Member
    FYI...... I did another one last night, and used Skyr instead of the greek yogurt. Texture the same, macros even better ;)
  • vegmebuffvegmebuff Posts: 31,390Member Member Posts: 31,390Member Member

@crazyravr
    How high is the pan you used. I think I read somewhere on here you used a springform pan and it almost bakes over the edge- they are considerably higher than a regular round cake pan.

Thanks!
    edited January 2017
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    @crazyravr
    How high is the pan you used. I think I read somewhere on here you used a springform pan and it almost bakes over the edge- they are considerably higher than a regular round cake pan.

Thanks!

6" x 3" high. Gives the best results IMHO. You can also use the standard 8" pan as some have.
  • vegmebuffvegmebuff Posts: 31,390Member Member Posts: 31,390Member Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    @crazyravr

Thanks!

6" x 3" high. Gives the best results IMHO. You can also use the standard 8" pan as some have.

Thanks for your help:)
  • RunRachelleRunRunRachelleRun Posts: 2,903Member Member Posts: 2,903Member Member
    I tried it using my 9" x 3" springform and it turned out short and way too dry. The cake looked so big in your photo, I thought you must have mistyped 6" or I would have adjusted the baking time. I should have asked lol. I've never seen a 6" springform pan before. Will have to hunt one down.
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 26,391Member Member Posts: 26,391Member Member
    I tried it using my 9" x 3" springform and it turned out short and way too dry. The cake looked so big in your photo, I thought you must have mistyped 6" or I would have adjusted the baking time. I should have asked lol. I've never seen a 6" springform pan before. Will have to hunt one down.

Yeah you'd have to cook it for less time to make up for the fact that it's flatter.
  • CooCooPuffCooCooPuff Posts: 4,374Member Member Posts: 4,374Member Member
    FYI...... I did another one last night, and used Skyr instead of the greek yogurt. Texture the same, macros even better ;)
    As if I needed another reason to make this. I wouldn't even have to buy extra yogurt. XD

• ivygirl1937ivygirl1937 Posts: 899Member Member Posts: 899Member Member
    @crazyravr Is there a way to do this if you don't own a mixer? I doubt my arm power is good enough to substitute for a mixer's high setting. :lol:
  • Annie_01Annie_01 Posts: 3,115Member Member Posts: 3,115Member Member
    You can pick up a mixer fairly cheaply that should be good enough to make this cheesecake. I have seen them for as low as $15. It won't hold up for long if you use it on stiff doughs like cookies.

If you have a food processor you might could use it...maybe.
  • ChadxxChadxx Posts: 1,202Member Member Posts: 1,202Member Member
    Just finished eating a piece and it was delicious.
  • ElvenToadElvenToad Posts: 644Member Member Posts: 644Member Member
    @crazyravr Is there a way to do this if you don't own a mixer? I doubt my arm power is good enough to substitute for a mixer's high setting. :lol:

I picked up one of the really el cheapo electric mixers at Walmart 6 years ago specifically for making cheesecake, and it still works great. $8 so I call that a win!
  • EricaCraigieEricaCraigie Posts: 1,396Member, Premium Member Posts: 1,396Member, Premium Member
    Omg ! I am making this tomorrow !!

No blender or anything else that will stir things up? If no, just pick up a cheap wallmart mixer for like $20.
  • MewlingstorkMewlingstork Posts: 127Member Member Posts: 127Member Member
    I just made this last night. It's good, but not very fluffy? Any guesses on what I did wrong? It might have been because I used Greek cream cheese and that's a little more 'dense' maybe?
    I just made this last night. It's good, but not very fluffy? Any guesses on what I did wrong? It might have been because I used Greek cream cheese and that's a little more 'dense' maybe?

Next time make sure you mix it on high speed for few minutes. That will put air into the mix and make it a bit more fluffy. But it will still be a bit dense.
  • tarothelptarothelp Posts: 167Member Member Posts: 167Member Member
    @crazyravr

Thanks!

I used a slightly alrger ban and it was a little too dry. It would have been perfect had I used a 6x3 pan. Ahhh my impatience. I'll have to pick one up and try again

edited January 2017
  • PoundChaser2PoundChaser2 Posts: 241Member, Premium Member Posts: 241Member, Premium Member
    What type of protein powder do you use crazyravr?
  • Annie_01Annie_01 Posts: 3,115Member Member Posts: 3,115Member Member
    I used this one...

https://www.amazon.com/Naturade-Vegansmart-Nutritional-Shake-Vanilla/dp/B00CWLA56O/ref=sr_1_1_s_it?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1485354082&sr=1-1&keywords=naturade+vegan+smart&th=1

I am not vegan but I tried a sample pack and enjoyed the taste. I have always had trouble finding one that I like the taste of.

I also was out of plain greek yogurt and all I had was vanilla flavored. I was afraid that vanilla yogurt + vanilla protein powder + the added vanilla extract would be too much. However for my taste it wasn't.

I want to try a peanut butter flavored cheesecake using my PB2 + maybe a little actual peanut butter. The toppings would be endless...bananas...honey...chocolate syrup........