Calorie Counter

Message Boards Recipes
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Low Calorie Protein Cheesecake.

1686971737476

Replies

  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 9,180 Member Member Posts: 9,180 Member
    wbx9pgkif8vg.jpeg Made this this afternoon - made a bit extra (about 1.5x the original), skipped the vanilla extract since I didn’t have any, and replaced the Greek yogurt with Skyr (Icelandic yogurt, which is still quite high in protein)! Didn’t add anything in, so that I can use different jams/fruit/peanut butter/cocoa flavours :) from the recipe that I made, each slice is 188 cal and 15g protein! Thanks OP!

    Nice!!!! Glad you made it.
  • danisa123danisa123 Member Posts: 3 Member Member Posts: 3 Member
    I have made this several times. Today I added 1/4 tsp of maple extract, Mmmm!
  • egbert2016egbert2016 Member Posts: 36 Member Member Posts: 36 Member
    I'm new to MFP and just found this recipe. I binge-read all 71 pages! It looks amazing and all the varieties sound so tempting. I am looking forward to giving it a try!

    I overdosed on protein ice cream today and can't imagine trying anything else sweet for a couple of days though. I'm not much of a sweet tooth to begin with and my cravings usually involve salt, cheese, chips and that sort of thing. So here's my question... has anyone tried using unsweetened protein powder and savory mix-ins and/or toppings? I'm wondering if the lack of sweetener will make a difference in the chemistry of the original base recipe Here are the mix-in ideas that have popped into my head:

    *Spinach, artichoke and parmesan with a crushed tortilla chip on top

    *Ham, swiss and asparagus with a crushed potato chip on top

    *Jalapeno, ham and cheddar with a crushed tortilla chip on top

    *Turkey pepperoni and mozzarella with fresh basil on top
  • cricketbird1cricketbird1 Member Posts: 16 Member Member Posts: 16 Member
    Looks great!!
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Chadxx wrote: »
    I am definitely trying this but I make no promises about not eating the whole thing.

    It might have happened to me.

  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 9,180 Member Member Posts: 9,180 Member
    egbert2016 wrote: »
    I'm new to MFP and just found this recipe. I binge-read all 71 pages! It looks amazing and all the varieties sound so tempting. I am looking forward to giving it a try!

    I overdosed on protein ice cream today and can't imagine trying anything else sweet for a couple of days though. I'm not much of a sweet tooth to begin with and my cravings usually involve salt, cheese, chips and that sort of thing. So here's my question... has anyone tried using unsweetened protein powder and savory mix-ins and/or toppings? I'm wondering if the lack of sweetener will make a difference in the chemistry of the original base recipe Here are the mix-in ideas that have popped into my head:

    *Spinach, artichoke and parmesan with a crushed tortilla chip on top

    *Ham, swiss and asparagus with a crushed potato chip on top

    *Jalapeno, ham and cheddar with a crushed tortilla chip on top

    *Turkey pepperoni and mozzarella with fresh basil on top

    Lack of sweetener? Not at all. It just wont taste like much.
    All the addins and mixins you want to add. Ohhhhhhhh hell yea!!!
    Baking something, even as simple as this, does not equal crock pot cooking.
    edited April 2019
  • egbert2016egbert2016 Member Posts: 36 Member Member Posts: 36 Member
    I tried a savory cheesecake and have to report that it is AMAZING!! It is also incredibly filling. I used unflavored whey protein and mixed in artichoke hearts, spinach and parmesan. I added half a packet of Knorr vegetable soup mix for flavor. I warm it up a little before eating it. So satisfying!
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 9,180 Member Member Posts: 9,180 Member
    egbert2016 wrote: »
    I tried a savory cheesecake and have to report that it is AMAZING!! It is also incredibly filling. I used unflavored whey protein and mixed in artichoke hearts, spinach and parmesan. I added half a packet of Knorr vegetable soup mix for flavor. I warm it up a little before eating it. So satisfying!

    Give this a go. This will work much much better as a savory offering.

    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10728208/firm-block-cottage-cheese-bake-recipe#latest
  • Kimmotion5783Kimmotion5783 Member Posts: 417 Member Member Posts: 417 Member
    Thank OP, I'll have to try it sometime. Sounds delicious!
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 6,584 Member Member Posts: 6,584 Member
    think about this y'all...

    One piece of jebu8s43mk9j.png
    this Cheesecake Factory 'Original' Cheesecake is 800 calories...ONE piece

    This whole creation you created is for the WHOLE damn thing...looks way more enticing too

    Thanks for sharing!
  • MsOpusMsOpus Member Posts: 95 Member Member Posts: 95 Member
    This looks amazing and I'm going to try it.
    Is there a crust of some kind on it? The pic looks like there is a crust.
  • LyndaBSSLyndaBSS Member, Premium Posts: 6,988 Member Member, Premium Posts: 6,988 Member
    Wow. Just wow. 😍
  • mrchrisjonesmfpmrchrisjonesmfp Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    Do you have any sort of biscuit base on this??
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 9,180 Member Member Posts: 9,180 Member
    Do you have any sort of biscuit base on this??

    I am pretty sure these recipes I post could not be simpler or anymore clear. No.
  • laurenebargarlaurenebargar Member Posts: 1,346 Member Member Posts: 1,346 Member
    Finally made another last night, added the topping which is 30 cals extra per slice83cgromu14gv.jpeg
    gddg8h4m4tuk.jpeg
    37gjaxakh281.jpeg
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 9,180 Member Member Posts: 9,180 Member
    Thoughts? Looks good. Beside strawberries added, did you change anything else?
  • laurenebargarlaurenebargar Member Posts: 1,346 Member Member Posts: 1,346 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Thoughts? Looks good. Beside strawberries added, did you change anything else?

    Nope followed the original recipe to the gram, I thought it was great, I think there may be a slight issue with my oven though, The outter edges were a little overdone and the middle was perfect, so maybe Five minutes less baking time next time?
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 9,180 Member Member Posts: 9,180 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    Thoughts? Looks good. Beside strawberries added, did you change anything else?

    Nope followed the original recipe to the gram, I thought it was great, I think there may be a slight issue with my oven though, The outter edges were a little overdone and the middle was perfect, so maybe Five minutes less baking time next time?

    Try that or maybe try to cover the pan with aluminum foil either in the beginning or the end of the bake.
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 9,180 Member Member Posts: 9,180 Member
    Who is making this for Christmas? Or for the weekend, or for Thursday :)
  • mockchocmockchoc Member Posts: 6,329 Member Member Posts: 6,329 Member
    I would for sure if you can give me a sub for the protein powder. I don't need it otherwise and am not going to buy it just for this since I would waste the rest. Looks amazing and tasty though for sure! Keep up the good work with your amazing recipes though and pics. Love it.
Sign In or Register to comment.