Calorie Counter

Message Boards Recipes
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Low Calorie Protein Cheesecake.

Replies

• just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 9,172 Member Member Posts: 9,172 Member
    mockchoc wrote: »
    I would for sure if you can give me a sub for the protein powder. I don't need it otherwise and am not going to buy it just for this since I would waste the rest. Looks amazing and tasty though for sure! Keep up the good work with your amazing recipes though and pics. Love it.

Without it? Simple. Add same amount of flour or half the amount of oat fiber. Calories and macros will be way off ofcourse. The texture will also suffer.
  • laurenebargarlaurenebargar Member Posts: 1,346 Member Member Posts: 1,346 Member
    I would for sure if you can give me a sub for the protein powder. I don't need it otherwise and am not going to buy it just for this since I would waste the rest. Looks amazing and tasty though for sure! Keep up the good work with your amazing recipes though and pics. Love it.

You can buy little sample pack at most grocery stores, I buy two little packs, around $4 total and it gives me exactly enough for this recipe!
  • mockchocmockchoc Member Posts: 6,329 Member Member Posts: 6,329 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »

Without it? Simple. Add same amount of flour or half the amount of oat fiber. Calories and macros will be way off ofcourse. The texture will also suffer.

Thanks and to lurenbargar I've not noticed sample packs in Australia but then I wasn't looking. I will now. Ta :)
  • gemiller87gemiller87 Member, Premium Posts: 137 Member Member, Premium Posts: 137 Member
    After making the Ricotta version of just_Tomek's recipe I decided to give this one a go. I made no changes to the ingredients list besides one package of raspberries mixed in right at the end. I like this one more than the ricotta one (i prefer the cream cheese resulting texture over the "sponge cake" type texture of the Ricotta version. Again a hit, everyone loves it that has tried it even those I know not on a healthier lifestyle change were impressed with the nutritional data for the taste! I will definitely replicate this in the future, a nice health solution for breakfast/brunch meal during work hours for me!

dlznjcokkcxy.jpg
    1aqwa0rh7rxo.jpg
    bxcn4ivaxx0z.jpg
    yavuz1adjp2g.jpg

• ReenieHJReenieHJ Member Posts: 1,569 Member Member Posts: 1,569 Member
    gemiller87 wrote: »
    After making the Ricotta version of just_Tomek's recipe I decided to give this one a go. I made no changes to the ingredients list besides one package of raspberries mixed in right at the end. I like this one more than the ricotta one (i prefer the cream cheese resulting texture over the "sponge cake" type texture of the Ricotta version. Again a hit, everyone loves it that has tried it even those I know not on a healthier lifestyle change were impressed with the nutritional data for the taste! I will definitely replicate this in the future, a nice health solution for breakfast/brunch meal during work hours for me!

dlznjcokkcxy.jpg
    1aqwa0rh7rxo.jpg
    bxcn4ivaxx0z.jpg
    yavuz1adjp2g.jpg

That's good to know; I'll try this one next. :) If I added pumpkin would that ruin the texture? But then I'd have to sweeten it too and hate to add more calories.
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

That's good to know; I'll try this one next. :) If I added pumpkin would that ruin the texture? But then I'd have to sweeten it too and hate to add more calories.

Yes it would change the texture, it might be too runny. Protein powder is what flavours the cake here. Nothing else. So if you want chocolate cheesecake, get chocolate powder, if you want pumpkin, get pumpkin spice etc.

Looks perfect!!! :)
    An yes both cheesecakes are different from each other. This is more like a real cheesecake whereas the other is more like a Japanese style, light and airy.

Next to try should be the V2 of this using cottage cheese.
    edited December 2019
    @pippo_11 great stuff!!!
    I have the ricotta cheesecake in the oven as I type this :)
  • ZipbskyZipbsky Member Posts: 99 Member Member Posts: 99 Member
    Has anyone tried making this in an instantpot? I am very interested in how that would work..
    Zipbsky wrote: »
    Has anyone tried making this in an instantpot? I am very interested in how that would work..

#1. Why?
    #2. try air fryer.
    #3. Get out.
  • ZipbskyZipbsky Member Posts: 99 Member Member Posts: 99 Member
    Instantpot cheesecakes look so much better, aesthetically than the cheesecakes I've made in the past. Also, I have a new toy and I wanna use it that's why.
    Zipbsky wrote: »
    Instantpot cheesecakes look so much better, aesthetically than the cheesecakes I've made in the past. Also, I have a new toy and I wanna use it that's why.

Then maybe use it for its intended purpose which baking is definitely not ;)
    Or better yet, make it in the IP and tell us how it turned out.
    edited January 31
  • busyPKbusyPK Member Posts: 3,578 Member Member Posts: 3,578 Member
    I use to make V1 cheesecake weekly and it's been about a year and I made it last night. It's just as yummy as I remember (especially with some PB2 mixed with light whipped cream on top). Thanks again!
    Weekend goals :)
  • brittanystebbins95brittanystebbins95 Member Posts: 522 Member Member Posts: 522 Member
    I'm in the United States and grams confuse the heck out of me... I have a food scale but I think it might only be ounces.
    I tried my best to convert to our system over here, so that I know how much of each ingredient to buy later.
    It ended up being closest to:

Two packages Philadelphia Fat Free Cream Cheese (the 14 tbsp ones, 28 tbsp total)
    One and a quarter cup fat free plain greek yogurt
    2 eggs
    1/4 tsp salt
    2 scoops vanilla protein (I will be using Jym, so the calories and protein are a bit different)
    1 tsp vanilla extract

With these measurements, according to MFP, 1/6 of the entire cheesecake should be 167 calories, 11g carbs, 3g fat, and 24g of protein.

I cannot wait to make this!! Thank you so much for this!
  • pippo_11pippo_11 Member Posts: 40 Member Member Posts: 40 Member
    I thought all US products had lbs & oz as well as grams. I’m from Australia. We went metric 50 years ago. Your 167 calories is spot on. That’s about 700 kJ. It’s a great recipe and so simple to put together. I’ve made it 3 times in as many months. You won’t be disappointed.
    edited March 1
  • brittanystebbins95brittanystebbins95 Member Posts: 522 Member Member Posts: 522 Member
    pippo_11 wrote: »
    I thought all US products had lbs & oz as well as grams. I’m from Australia. We went metric 50 years ago. Your 167 calories is spot on. That’s about 700 kJ. It’s a great recipe and so simple to put together. I’ve made it 3 times in as many months. You won’t be disappointed.

I honestly wish we would have never made up our own system... it makes things so confusing with the rest of the world.
  • MonaLisainCTMonaLisainCT Member Posts: 39 Member Member Posts: 39 Member
    I would LOVE to try this, but I only have only ever used unflavored/unsweetened whey protein. Should I add a few packets artificial sweetener to make up for it?
  • pippo_11pippo_11 Member Posts: 40 Member Member Posts: 40 Member
    I would LOVE to try this, but I only have only ever used unflavored/unsweetened whey protein. Should I add a few packets artificial sweetener to make up for it?

My protein powder is 15% sugar, so in 60g of protein powder there’s 9 grams of sugar, or roughly 2 teaspoons.