Introduce Yourself & Frequently Asked Questions

Replies

• rochellelevy
    rochellelevy Posts: 2 Member
    Hi! I’ve recently started using MFP again. I’ve put on about 40lbs over the last 2 years after a stressful relationship and work. I don’t feel great about myself and need to gain some control and take some accountability. I’d like to about 50lbs.

SW: 186.5
    GW: 135
  • Heatherpc2
    Heatherpc2 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi, I'm back on the wagon and have lost 24 pounds within the last year. I still have about 40 more to go so I'm looking for encouragement and motivation!

SW: 191
    GW: 150
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 515 Member
    Hi, I'm Pam. I have lost over 50 pounds but gained some back. I have found what I beleive to be my "happy weight" and am striving to get back to that. The magic number for me is 125. I have about a 10% loss to meet that goal and try to stick to it "this time around" I am almost to day 500 on My Fitness Pal. Longest ever committment for me. I didn't always do the right thing everyday but most days I am consistent. I work out every day and actually have come to enjoy running!
    Love any new friends that would like to add me. I love to give and receive positive feedback and honest, heartfelt advice.
  • lamamo88
    lamamo88 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi, I'm Lana. I lost 24 lbs at the start of the year between march and July. Then my mum died and I've piled it all back on, plus a couple of bonus lbs. I need to take control again. Current weight is 188lb and goal would be around 150lb
  • dakatude
    dakatude Posts: 2 Member
    Hello, My name is Kelly. SW:260 GW:122 CW:228 I had my three lovely children all within 4 years and as a result I gained a ton of weight. My youngest is now 9. Think it's about time I take my body back!
  • jgnickel
    jgnickel Posts: 79 Member
    Hello, I am Jeannie. SW 218: GW 140: CW 212.5. I have spent the last 30 years taking care of everyone else, from kids to the husband. It's time for me. I'm done with this non stop up and down.
  • messycreator
    messycreator Posts: 4 Member
    Hi! I am Lisa. SW is 198. I have three kids 13, 11, and 8. I am a very active person, but not physically fit. I miss being able to do activities because of my weight and want to feel strong again. I want to actually feel better about going to the pool and beach this summer. I want to feel better in my clothes too. I am sick of my double chin and how I look in the mirror. I am sick of my belly looking like it is eternally pregnant. I care for my mother who has heart failure and wonder if that is my path from obesity because I now see, as an adult, that my entire family struggles with obesity. My sugar addictions are negatively influencing my kids and I feel a responsibility to get myself together to serve as a better role model. My fitness goal is to eventually run a half marathon, do a bridge, and get up from the floor with out having to do the beached whale role... and... out run my son! Ha ha ha I wanted to join the weekly weigh-in group because the accountability helps me a lot. These are my affirmations that I have written elsewhere so I dont forget why i am working so hard.
  • philsy1
    philsy1 Posts: 105 Member
    Hi. I'm Phil and I have about 12 more pounds to lose. It may not sound that dramatic but I've been on a plateau lately and daily weigh-ins are not the answer. Also, your group might be just the ticket for maintaining weight once I reach my goal. Still looking for friends.
  • stmariepearl
    stmariepearl Posts: 59 Member
    Hello all! I am just beginning again at 170lbs, goal is 130lbs. My last time using MFP I got down to 145, but fell off routine without the internet to use MFP. I have returned to the modern world and look forward to having the motivation of weekly weigh ins with this group :)
  • Laurahenson29
    Laurahenson29 Posts: 54 Member
    My name is Laura and I am looking to loose 80lbs. I have already lost 20 in the last 4 months. I average about a pound a week. I anticipate reaching my goal early 2019 and I can't wait. I keep a weekly weigh in log myself and measure my body as well as my weight. I think doing it in a pubic forum is awesome.
  • Lucy17128
    Lucy17128 Posts: 55 Member
    Hello. My name is Lucy. I've been dieting and not dieting all of my life. Have always been on the heavier side. My highest weight was 284 in January 2017, I lost about 30 pounds and gained almost all of it back. I am so frustrated with myself, but I am going to reach my goal this time! I would like to lose 100 pounds and know in order to do so I have to be in the right mindset. I'm 48 and plan on a trip to Hawaii for my big 50, and plan on being healthier and in much better shape. I'm also pre-diabetic. MFP really helped me last year, I'm so glad to be back.
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,084 Member
    Hi everyone, I'm Jackie from York in the UK. I've gained steadily for years but lost 6 stone about 10 years ago and felt great. Then there was a pregnancy, 2 redundancies and a divorce which resulted in it all going back on and more.
    I've lost 28lb in the last 15 months and would like to lose another 65 so her to make my dreams come true....
    My aim is for another 28lb this year, I want to lose it slowly a result of a life-style change so that it really does stay off this time - I've no plans for a baby (too old), or a divorce (recently married) and if I get made redundant then so what lol.
  • SabrinaG1986
    SabrinaG1986 Posts: 136 Member
    Hi, I'm Sabrina. I used MFP previously and went from 209 Lbs to 145 Lbs.

In 2012 my mom passed away, I got divorced, and I was laid off from my job all within days of each other. I became a single mom working full time and dealing with depression. I gained back some weight and in December I decided it was time to regain focus.

I started again at 176.5 and my current weight is 171 lbs.
    I usually weigh in on Sundays. :)
  • Liss_Laurr
    Liss_Laurr Posts: 3 Member
    Hey! My name is Alyssa. I lost 40lbs successfully on MFP in 2013 and unfortunately gained it all back. I’m hoping to lose again and keep it off for good! I’ve been weighing in on Fridays with Weight Watchers but stopped the program because I don’t like the Freestyle program
  • jembolland
    jembolland Posts: 1 Member
    Hello. I'm Jemma from London, UK. I moved in with my partner a year ago and have managed to put on about 20lb in that time which I would definitely like to get rid of. Ideally I'd like to lose around 25-28lb. I'm currently 158lb (I'm a shorty)

I like the idea of having some accountability so a weekly weigh in sounds brilliant for me.
  • 25agirard
    25agirard Posts: 51 Member
    Hello all-I'm Amanda. I'm an athlete trapped in an out of shape body! I do exercise about 4-5 times per week--and one of them is my weekly soccer game. I've struggled with eating my ENTIRE adult life. It has EXHAUSTED me-worn me out. I am making changes that are sustainable and I am avoiding the glass or two of wine I love to have on most nights...I've not stopped drinking wine entirely...but now only a night or two a week....even though it would always fit in my calories I felt like it was stopping me from making progress towards my goal. I've got 35 lbs to lose before I decide on a goal weight! That is my current long term goal with some smaller ones more in my sights. I love setting goals and crushing them. But the STRUGGLE IS REAL on how to manage my weight. I've gained and lost the same 30 lbs at least 4 times in my adult life. :(
  • chrystenfo
    chrystenfo Posts: 36 Member
    Hi- I'm Chrysten! I'm 34, mom of two cute boys, and live in Southwest Florida. I am super busy and have used that as an excuse to eat poorly and give in. Even if we have to grab take out, which happens, I can choose something healthy!! That is my goal, to just always make the healthy choice. I love the idea of accountability and weighing in each week and having a group to be on this journey with!

@25agirard I also play in a weekly soccer game! Soccer Sundays with a women's game in the morning and co-ed indoor in the afternoon.
  • amc2509
    amc2509 Posts: 221 Member
    Hi everyone... I'm Anne-Marie and I've been on MFP for almost a year... I've been getting back on track in January and aimed to end the month at my pre-christmas weight... I'm going to join the weekly weigh in for February. I've lost 30lb so far and have 14 more to go... I'm not putting an end date on this goal... slow and steady does it and as long as the trend remains downwards I know I'll get there eventually!

Good luck to all on your journeys!!
  • pinkmasterchief
    pinkmasterchief Posts: 3 Member
    Hello everyone, my name is Melissa. I am 30 years old, and for the first time I am single and live alone. I never realized how much of an effect living with someone else had on my eating habits. Halloween 2017 I weighed 330 pounds, I had no idea things had gotten so out of control. When I brought it up to the guy I was dating, and how unhappy that made me, he simply told me not to worry about it because I looked just fine. I think he was trying to make me feel better, but honestly, being only 5'2" and 330 pounds is NOT fine. Not only did I realize then and there that I needed to get serious about eating better and getting fit, but also that he was NOT someone I wanted to have around while doing it. I decided to take time away from dating so that I can concentrate on myself, for the first time in my entire adult life. I will do my weekly check ins, starting with last weeks, because I weigh on Monday. But so far, I seem to be doing well, but I cannot always trust myself around sweets. Which is why I don't buy any from the store :cold_sweat: I weighed in Monday the 29th of January 2018 at 293.6 pounds. I'm looking forward to this coming weigh check.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,056 Member
    Hello everyone, my name is Melissa. I am 30 years old, and for the first time I am single and live alone. I never realized how much of an effect living with someone else had on my eating habits. Halloween 2017 I weighed 330 pounds, I had no idea things had gotten so out of control. When I brought it up to the guy I was dating, and how unhappy that made me, he simply told me not to worry about it because I looked just fine. I think he was trying to make me feel better, but honestly, being only 5'2" and 330 pounds is NOT fine. Not only did I realize then and there that I needed to get serious about eating better and getting fit, but also that he was NOT someone I wanted to have around while doing it. I decided to take time away from dating so that I can concentrate on myself, for the first time in my entire adult life. I will do my weekly check ins, starting with last weeks, because I weigh on Monday. But so far, I seem to be doing well, but I cannot always trust myself around sweets. Which is why I don't buy any from the store :cold_sweat: I weighed in Monday the 29th of January 2018 at 293.6 pounds. I'm looking forward to this coming weigh check.

Hey @pinkmasterchief welcome! the weigh in threads are in the group page and run from Sat - Fri, so you can pop this week's in on the 2nd Feb thread