Introduce Yourself & Frequently Asked Questions

Replies

• _j4de_
    _j4de_ Posts: 49 Member
    Hi everyone, just found this group and thought its a great way to keep on track! I'm using MFP to lose the 2 stone that I've managed to accumulate during a year of injury keeping me off exercise! Although I started keeping a food diary again at the end of December the scales didn't reflect a loss until 1st Feb

SW 168
    GW 140
  • SlickDaddyCool
    SlickDaddyCool Posts: 170 Member
    edited February 2018
    Hello everybody! I'm a newbie. Looking forward to getting my eating habits back under control. Take care :)

SW: 187.5
    GW: 165
  • JustinHeasman
    JustinHeasman Posts: 6 Member
    Hi All,

Another noob here. Looking forward to getting myself back on track :smile:

SW: 205.8
    GW: 168
  • Tricia7188
    Tricia7188 Posts: 142 Member
    edited February 2018
    Hi!! I've been on MFP a looong while, but got into quite a funk and got back up to my "usual/highest weight" of 185-ish. My 30th birthday is July 1st and I'm hoping/WILL be losing 30 lbs by then. I've really been wanting a thread or group to just post weekly weigh ins and I stumbled upon this one! It's meant to be haha
    So... SW: 187 (Restarted officially Jan 17th) GW:157 (Will be a 30 lb loss AND officially into the "normal" BMI range) CW: ?? somewhere around 180 but I've had a lot of sodium the last few days so scales up. Looking to lose about 1 lb per week! Maybe average a bit more for the 30 lb goal :)
    Last thing, the icon for the group "If you're tired of starting over, stop giving up" is what really gave me the kick in the butt to click the join button and stay accountable. I've been so good/determined in the 1 month since I've restarted, but the last 2 days I've hit a rough patch of feeling a little down and same old "is it even worth it, why bother" kind of attitude. So the "stop giving up" thing was a real wake up call!
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    Hello,

My name's Britt. I've been trying to lose weight since May of 2014. I got down to 158lbs in November of 2014, but then fell off the wagon once I got into a serious relationship. He didn't need to watch his weight so I stopped. I got back up to 185lbs as of early February 2018. I'm single against and have been working hard to reach my goals.

SW: 192.7 GW: 145; LW: Last Week; 173.8 TW: 172.4 This Week; OL: 21.5lbs
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,056 Member
    Hello,

My name's Britt. I've been trying to lose weight since May of 2014. I got down to 158lbs in November of 2014, but then fell off the wagon once I got into a serious relationship. He didn't need to watch his weight so I stopped. I got back up to 185lbs as of early February 2018. I'm single against and have been working hard to reach my goals.

@firecat1987 welcome, if you want to add that as this week's weigh in can you post it in the current week thread (you can find it on the group homepage)
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    Hello,

@firecat1987 welcome, if you want to add that as this week's weigh in can you post it in the current week thread (you can find it on the group homepage)

I was going to wait until Friday to post my weight so that i'm on schedule with everyone :)
  • apuckett
    apuckett Posts: 10 Member
    Hi everyone! Starting this group hoping to stay accountable and "stop giving up". :) SW: 181.8 GW 140
  • tashy41
    tashy41 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi, I'm Tash. I gained about 7kg last year following an injury. I've just got back to where I started, but would like some more motivation to lose some more weight. I would like to lose around another 5 to 10kg as I think I've sat a little too long in the overweight category.
    I'll weigh in this week and next...then I go on holiday, so I'll be working hard through the rest of spring to lose this weight :smile:
    Good luck everyone with your goals!
  • tonyamorgan75
    tonyamorgan75 Posts: 15 Member
    Hi my name is LaTonya, I live in Galveston, my current weight is 217, & goal weight 150.

• TheMom6Girls
    TheMom6Girls Posts: 41 Member
    Hi, I’m TinaMarie and restarting after about 8 months off. I regained almost 40 of the 65lb loss due to a CrossFit injury and self pity. But this time I’ve asked for friends to help! SW 226 GW 145 LW 198 TW 194
    OL 31
  • Diwita
    Diwita Posts: 2 Member
    Hello! I am Diwita and over the past 3-4 years I ended up accumulating a bit of weight (plus more) and I am hoping with exercise and certain lifestyle changes I'll be toned and fit! I am starting today! Glad to be part of this group :)
  • Laxmisurya
    Laxmisurya Posts: 5 Member
    Hello everybody I am Laxmi. I want to loose 10lbs
  • tonithewriter
    tonithewriter Posts: 28 Member
    Hello! I was on MFP some years ago and met a great group of accountability gals. We lost touch and my weight is back up. Life was too stressful and busy to take care of me. I’m ready to do this and looking for support and accountability. SW 219. GW 155 looking forward to getting started.
  • lucyalice90x
    lucyalice90x Posts: 1 Member
    Hi I’m Lucy from Birmingham UK. I’ve done weight watchers previously and now trying mfp I need to lose around 3 stone to be the weight I want to be..
  • hannys
    hannys Posts: 86 Member
    edited April 2018
    Hi everyone! My name is Hannah and I live in Austin, TX. I am just joining this group because I think a weekly weigh in and smaller group will be helpful.
    Over the course of last year I lost about 25lbs but have gained 10 back between Thanksgving and now. I currently have about 35ish pounds to lose and am very ready to get back into a better mindelset to make it possible.
  • stac3wa
    stac3wa Posts: 38 Member
    Is this still open to join? :)
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,056 Member
    stac3wa wrote: »
    Is this still open to join? :)

Yes just read through the info at the front of this thread.
  • stac3wa
    stac3wa Posts: 38 Member
    Have done :)
    Hi. Im Stacey. 30 from the UK.
    SW&CW:186lbs - GW: 130ish!
    I’m aiming to start IVF treatment as soon as I hit a BMI range the Drs are happy with. I suffer with PCOS too. I found a new love for weight lifting which I’m still new too.
  • jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    I’m Julie from Pennsylvania. I’m 5’7” and 49 years old and holding...

SW: 241
    CW: 201.8
    GW: 160
    LW: 203.2
    TW: 201.8

I gained 0.2 lb last week from all the food I ate around Easter. Now back on track! My short term goal is to be under 200 lbs again and I’m almost there!