Introduce Yourself & Frequently Asked Questions

Options

Replies

• sallyyi365
    sallyyi365 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Sally and I’m from Columbus, OH. I am 23 trying to lose 40 more pounds. I started my journey this week and have lost 5 pounds so far. I gained all the weight in college from eating out and eating large portions. Now I am committed to cooking for myself and eating a well balanced diet. I would like to begin going to a gym as well.
  • TheRedQueen1981
    TheRedQueen1981 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hello. I’m Lucy from Scotland. I’m 37 years old and I have over 100lbs to lose. I am aiming to lose 50lbs by December as my first big goal.

I’m currently mainly using my exercise bike and walking but I have purchased the T25 work outs so need to give it a go as well. I love swimming but I’m far too shy to go at this size so another goal is to get to a point where I feel able to start swimming again.
  • NewTaxi
    NewTaxi Posts: 87 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hi there, I'm Taxi. I live in the US and I'm 60 yo...will be 61 on Aug 1st...I started this journey on March 19th...I love having a weekly weigh-in...If I can lose another 60 lbs by the end of the year, I'd be ecstatic!

SW : 261.8
    GW : 140
    LW : 204
    TW : 202.4
    OL : 59.4
    Days : 114
  • Ktmom19
    Ktmom19 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am Kt. I have been successful with MFP in the past, but after letting myself go, I am starting over again. I usually do not have trouble losing weight, but after 6 mos to a year of reaching my goal, I have gained back the weight. I made a bet through Healthywage that I can lose 45 lbs in 6 mos. Hoping that the added incentive of making some money will be a good motivator. I just started yesterday.

SW: 160.4
    GW: 115 (I am barely 5 ft height)

• lisa9620
    lisa9620 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Lisa
    I'm 31 and from Australia. I've got 2 young kids under 5 and the weight has just piled on since falling pregnant with my first. I started my journey only 4 days ago and weighed 89kg (196 pounds). First goal is to get back down to 75kg (165 pounds).
  • mebelfanti
    mebelfanti Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Marietta. I'm 31, between 5'5-6". I started losing weight April 2017, started at 281 and have lost about 75 pounds. I'm currently stuck in a month long plateau and about to lose my mind, so I'm hoping this group will help with with sanity and/or weight loss. My goal is to get to one-derland by the end of the month (currently at 207.4) but I'm not sure if that will happen given that the scale refuses to move.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone! I just discovered this group today. I weigh in each Saturday morning. I have a lot of weight to lose. I started at 217, am currently at 196, and my goal weight is 139. I am hoping I can give and get support here since I have such a long way to go!
  • TheRedQueen1981
    Options
    Hello, everyone! I just discovered this group today. I weigh in each Saturday morning. I have a lot of weight to lose. I started at 217, am currently at 196, and my goal weight is 139. I am hoping I can give and get support here since I have such a long way to go!

Welcome :)

• ashhope94
    ashhope94 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Really excited to be here with you guys! I'm an ex weight watchers member and while I love the freedom of not paying 50 bucks a month, I really miss that sense of community and the weekly weigh in commitment. So here I am!

SW: 347
    CW: 310.8
    GW: 180 or less :)
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    ashhope94 wrote: »
    Really excited to be here with you guys! I'm an ex weight watchers member and while I love the freedom of not paying 50 bucks a month, I really miss that sense of community and the weekly weigh in commitment. So here I am!

I belonged to WW last year, and I loved the accountability of the meetings (but not the monthly cost!)
  • TheRedQueen1981
    Options
    ashhope94 wrote: »

You’ve already done so well! Congrats on the weight you’ve lost so far! And welcome! :)
  • 77jml
    77jml Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    77jml here. joined the group this morning. I need to lose weight for health reasons.
    Thanks for providing this group.
  • jnelson2017
    jnelson2017 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Janelle and I started the FB Fit on August 20 and have been doing it for roughly 18 days so far. This week I started to count my calories more so I can be more deliberate with what I eat. I now cook every week and this has helped me to control what I eat tremendously.

I've only weighed in twice so far (so that I don't focus so much on the numbers) but hoping to see some progress on Monday. Hoping to lose 10 lbs by December and 5-10 lbs next year so I am really looking forward to this!
  • tanyanie11
    tanyanie11 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    hello, i'm tanya!

i started using mfp about a month ago and i've lost a little over 6kgs :-) i currently weigh 88.8kgs and my goal weight is 55kgs!!
  • 2ndtimecharm
    2ndtimecharm Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Stef. As of yesterday I restarted my journey. Few years ago I lost 65lbs, but indulged greatly due to my own self-destructive behavior. I made the choice to change, so here I am.
    SW: 230
    GW:125
  • lesockie
    lesockie Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 5'-8"and looking to shed a few pounds:

SW: 181
    GW: 160 (and then reevaluate)

I'm looking for any and all ways to help me stick to this journey! I'm hoping to lose 8 lbs by the year end. Please feel free to friend me!
  • supergirlrekha
    supergirlrekha Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Nice to join everyone on this incredibly difficult but rewarding journey. CW: 88kg, GW: 72 kg
  • k_renee24
    k_renee24 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just stumbled across this group and I’m excited to join you all 😊

SW: 194.5
    CW: 185.5
    GW: 160
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    Options
    @marlee858 @supergirlrekha @k_renee24 welcome to the group, don't forget to post your weights in the weekly threads. Found under discussion on the main group page https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/118368-weekly-weigh-in-group
  • joannie92
    joannie92 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi! This is one of various returns to MFP but never joined a weekly weigh in thread. I'm from the UK and wanting to lose half my body weight so it's a long haul, I need friends to encourage and inspire me! Please add me and message me if you need a weight loss buddy too!!

OK time to buy some scales and log my first weight entry...