Dajoloehrs journey

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Yes it's Beautiful!!! That was a long hike, good job :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited April 2017
    Zero carb or very low carb people have to take a lot of sodium (and other minerals) or they can have serious health problems. Look up keto and read about that. It's called "keto flu" when people feel crappy starting very low carb.
  • dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    Beautiful day today :)
    I had to forgo m " to work" bike ride cause of some child care scheduling, but it's only until Friday. Going to try and go out for a bit after dinner if this weather holds up, I've been good all month so I don't want to fall short of my 4 days a week goal.
    On other news I can still have my black bean pasta on low carb!! I'm pretty excited about that, I had forgotten I still had some left :yum:
  • wsandy8512
    wsandy8512 Posts: 1,897 Member
    Your attitude about missing out on your ride today is admirable in that you're not beating yourself up. Love how you plan to make sure you meet your weekly goal. Your pasta meal that you posted with the meatloaf looked really good, btw :-)
  • dajoloehr
    Woohoo I found a coffee replacement that's low carb :) Sugar free chocolate syrup and whipping cream
  • dajoloehr
    This is so odd, if I step on my scale with my left foot first, there's a .6lbs difference if i step on it with the right. Ive tested this 2 days now, multiple times and its always .6lb difference... Yesterday I tracked the right foot weight, same with today so Im going to keep up with the right foot first lolkc42z9gzus0f.png
  • wsandy8512
    LOL, your doodle is adorable! I like your graph, what a drop since you started low carb, regardless of the spike at the end.
  • jvcinv
    jvcinv Posts: 504 Member
    That's so funny about left foot versus right foot on the scale.
    For quite awhile my left foot would always give me a lower weight (approx. 1/2 pound) than the right foot.
    Lately it seems to be more balanced. But for awhile it was like "Damn you right foot!"
  • Brendalea69
    This is too funny, I'm going to try doing that and then go with the lower number :p
  • dajoloehr
    Dinner was yummy, spaghetti squash is higher in carbs than I wanted, but I had already bought them before I decided to do low carb.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    edited April 2017
    dajoloehr wrote: »
    This is so odd, if I step on my scale with my left foot first, there's a .6lbs difference if i step on it with the right. Ive tested this 2 days now, multiple times and its always .6lb difference... Yesterday I tracked the right foot weight, same with today so Im going to keep up with the right foot first lolkc42z9gzus0f.png

There is a 3-4lb diff if I step on one foot or the other on my scale. People get bent when they see a very small gain on the digital scale. The scale is most likely not even as accurate as what the small gain they are seeing so it might not even be a gain. I bet if you stepped on it several times, you will get different readings also. If I step on mine a few times, the springs loosen up and it will go a lb heavier also! I have a cheap old analog scale. All these measurement uncertainties means we need to take data in a consistent way and not let any one measurement that shows a small increase get us down. You really don't have that kind of resolution to tell with most scales and repeated days of measurement are needed to see through the noise.

In addition to measurement noise. There is body weight "noise" or water fluctuations also. That compounds the issue even more and requires multiple measurements over several days and even weeks to see what is going on.
  • dajoloehr
    I always step on it 3 or more times until I can get a consistent reading. :)
  • Brendalea69
    I must have a good scale because it's the same every time I stand on it, even if I change feet :p
  • dajoloehr
    May 1st here we are, another month, another set of goals. My weight is not nearly where I wanted it to be by this time of year, but I am down for the year so far and I've learned a lot in the past 4 months. I'm plan on sticking to low carb for the month, I find it's easier to say "no" to things instead of "just a little"because just a little turns into more. Today is meal prep day, I'm precooking some meats to make them readily available. Sometimes our days are rushed so I'll turn to processed food for meals and I've already learned that this doesn't work well lol.
  • wsandy8512
    I must have a good scale because it's the same every time I stand on it, even if I change feet :p

Same here, an electronic one from Walmart that I bought about 3 years ago. +.4 pounds when I use a ten pound weights to check it. I don't take that off on weigh-ins though.

• wsandy8512
    dajoloehr wrote: »
    May 1st here we are, another month, another set of goals. My weight is not nearly where I wanted it to be by this time of year, but I am down for the year so far and I've learned a lot in the past 4 months. I'm plan on sticking to low carb for the month, I find it's easier to say "no" to things instead of "just a little"because just a little turns into more. Today is meal prep day, I'm precooking some meats to make them readily available. Sometimes our days are rushed so I'll turn to processed food for meals and I've already learned that this doesn't work well lol.

You are doing so well, and especially keeping your spirits up even though you aren't where you wanted to be by now. Sounds like you have a nice way to go about ensuring those "little bits" are less frequent as well. :-)
  • dajoloehr
    My son is in taekwondo and his push-ups need a little work (as do mine lol) so we're doing a beginners push-up challenge if anyone wants to follow along n2dlutqm6wvu.png
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    sure! Thanks! I'll start today and end date will be 31st may :) perfect for my may goal.
    I'm terrible at push-ups.
  • wsandy8512
    edited May 2017
    I'm terrible at push-ups and I do modified. I'd like to join, too, but I'll do every other or every two days. I've been reading about strength training so much and there are two very consistent recommendations present with all of them... strength training requires rest days and form is more important than performing a ton of reps, wrong. I can maybe, maybe, on a good day, perform one set of 8 and then my number dwindles on the second and third reps. lol

• Brendalea69
    edited May 2017
    I just started today and I'm doing the Knee Push Ups instead (Modified Push Ups) :p I cannot do a regular one yet but hopefully one day o:)