What did you eat today???

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Breakfast - large mug of unsweetened tea
    lunch - bowl of vegetable soup with an egg on top
    dinner - pan seared salmon, roasted brussel sprouts and carrots, rice and wine

No idea how many calories but probably under my TDEE

Sounds good. Question: Do you use a boiled egg on top of the soup or break a raw one over the hot soup?

Usually, once the soup is done I turn it down to barely a simmer and cook the egg on top. If I'm really hungry I'll fry the egg while the soup cools to put on top, but I've never tried a boiled egg.

Aha. I wasn't sure if it was like a pho or similar where sometimes they put all of the fixin's like boiled egg on top or more like egg drop soup where the broth cooks it. LOL I'd love to see a photo if you remember next time you make that. I'm always up to try something new. ( :smiley:

I'll try to remember. I have this pretty often. Egg on soup or egg on beans.
  • katiehepp1
    katiehepp1 Posts: 138 Member
    Breakfast I had my usual wheetabix to go chocolate drink, lunch I had mccoys cheese and onion crisps and a slim fast,I tried 2 of those new digestive thins as a snack and had some banana chocolate chip cake as they were giving it away in the staff canteen!! And then poached egg on toast for tea and a Oreo :)
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Sure, why not? From my diary for today:

0400-0800
    Generic - Coffee - USDA Nutrient Values, 16 oz.
    Splenda - Splenda by gram, 4 gram
    Nestle - the Original Coffeemate Powder, 4 gram

0800-1200
    splenda - Splenda, 2 pkg
    Generic - Coffee - USDA Nutrient Values, 12 oz.
    Coffee-mate - Original Coffee Creamer - 1 Tub (11ml), 2 tub (11mL)
    Usda (09003) - Apples, With Skin, Raw, 190 g
    Usda 09040 - Banana, Raw, 97 g
    Cream of Wheat - Instant - Maple Brown Sugar, 35 g (1 packet)

1200-1600
    Dr. Pepper - Diet Dr Pepper, 20 oz
    work food - teriyaki bowl , 1 bowl
    Toasty Crackers - With Peanut Butter, 1 package
    splenda - Splenda, 2 pkg
    Generic - Coffee - USDA Nutrient Values, 12 oz.
    Coffee-mate - Original Coffee Creamer - 1 Tub (11ml), 2 tub (11mL)

1600-2000
    USDA - 10164, Pork, fresh, loin, center loin (chops), boneless, separable lean and fat, raw, 4.1 oz
    Birdseye - Steamfresh Broccoli, 1.5 cup
    Birds Eye - Steam Fresh Protein Blends - California Style, 1.5 Cups

Rather more carbs and less protein than I really ought to have. I found myself sleepy this morning and not wanting to put together breakfast and lunch to bring to work. *shrugs*
  • TheSkyBlushed
    TheSkyBlushed Posts: 153 Member
    edited January 2017
    Today:
    Breakfast: Iced coffee w/ almond milk, maple syrup; Peach yogurt, blueberries, Kashi lean berry.
    Lunch: Red leaf lettuce, baby romaine, chicken breast, yellow pepper, pumpkin seeds, tomato, onion, feta, dried cranberries, cinnamon almonds, balsamic dressing.
    Dinner: Steak tacos in lettuce cups, sour cream, salsa, hot peppers, onion, carrot, mushrooms, broccoli, peppers, colby cheese, avocado, lime, green peas.
    Snack: York peppermint patty, fizzy water.

vqurgiicfbmj.png
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Breakfast: My usual coffee with milk, home-made bread, peanut butter and banana.
    Lunch: 2 oz Buitoni whole wheat torellini, green salad, finishing off my pomegranate seeds. Light butter dressing made from the pasta water and seasoned up. Tea.
    Dinner: Sweet potato onion soup and undecided.
  • AshSarahP
    AshSarahP Posts: 33 Member
    edited January 2017
    zxzbpnc3kdw0.jpg

Average day
  • TheSkyBlushed
    edited January 2017
    AshSarahP Are those eggs in the first photo? Did you make them in a muffin tin? What a great idea. :)
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    My goal is 1530 and usually some exercise calories. Today I had:

Mexican lasagna made with zucchini noodles
    Sushi
    Chocolate Halo Top ice cream

@lulalacroix the mexican lasagna sounds good - do you have a recipe? And how do you keep it from getting mushy?
  • burnsdesi
    burnsdesi Posts: 30 Member
    breakfast is usually either a smoothie or overnight oats. today's was a berry smoothie with almond butter and hemp seeds.

lunch today was veggie lettuce boats with marinated tofu and avocado + a thai peanut sauce. I'll probably have the leftovers for dinner because they were good and I'm still craving them.

banana chocolate chip soft serve for dessert.
  • TheSkyBlushed
    burnsdesi wrote: »
    breakfast is usually either a smoothie or overnight oats. today's was a berry smoothie with almond butter and hemp seeds.

lunch today was veggie lettuce boats with marinated tofu and avocado + a thai peanut sauce. I'll probably have the leftovers for dinner because they were good and I'm still craving them.

banana chocolate chip soft serve for dessert.

I love using lettuce as boats! Have you ever tried using collard leaves? They make nice "rolls" and are a bit sturdier. I usually cut out the spine though because it's a bit tough.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Today -
    Breakfast: big mug of unsweetened tea
    Lunch: Salmon and egg salad with roasted garlic vinaigrette
    Dinner: chili and wine.
  • Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Breakfast:
    Three nut butter chocolate chia porridge
    Green smoothie

Snack: raspberries and chocolate orange protein bar

Lunch: chicken spinach salad with peri peri humus

Snack: orangina light

Dinner: bolognese sauce on a baked Potato with broccolli
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    At the moment, I have eaten nothing. I have had 2 cups of coffee with cream & a bit of sugar.

Lunch will be a low-fat/calorie steak & veggie enchilada.

Dinner is a chicken/rice/veggie casserole that my family adores.

All of this saves room for the saving grace of my day, a 4z vodka cocktail and 28z of Trader Joe's White Cheddar Cheese Puffs :D
  • AshSarahP
    AshSarahP Posts: 33 Member
    AshSarahP Are those eggs in the first photo? Did you make them in a muffin tin? What a great idea. :)

Yes! So convenient for busy mornings, just grab and go! Suggestion: invest in silicone muffin trays!
  • TheSkyBlushed
    That is an eggcellent suggestion. :o:)
  • The_Movie_Chair
    The_Movie_Chair Posts: 112 Member
    A gigantic omelet for brunch.
    Skipped lunch due to a meeting.
    Dinner will be fish and rice, snack a yogurt and an orange and there will be at least one dirty Martini in the evening (also due to the meeting). Maybe two :-)
  • amandaeve
    amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
    Breakfast: oatmeal, pb2, banana
    snack: 16 ounce latte
    lunch: leftover crock pot pork chops
    snack: apple, tea
    dinner: (planned) grilled steak, salad
    snack: (planned) fresh pear

Not as balanced as I'd prefer, but the fridge at work broke over the weekend and destroyed the entire week's worth of breakfasts and lunches I had planned for this week :(
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    So far I have had a smoothie with kale, banana, frozen mixed berries, and garlic :)

Slept in until 11 so kinda missed my normal breakfast haha!!
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    My goal is 1530 and usually some exercise calories. Today I had:

Mexican lasagna made with zucchini noodles
    Sushi
    Chocolate Halo Top ice cream

@lulalacroix the mexican lasagna sounds good - do you have a recipe? And how do you keep it from getting mushy?

I don't usually use recipes, I just kinda successfully throw things together. You could probably google one. I replaced the lasagna noodles with thin zucchini slices. I usually let the zucchini sit in some salt for a bit, then rinse. The salt lets some of the liquid leech out. Otherwise the lasagna will be very watery. I also use a lot less cheese.
  • TheSkyBlushed
    Catching up for a few days... Jan 26th
    ksj0d1rhk2by.png
    Breakfast: Iced coffee w whipped cream, lemon yogurt with blueberries & berry kashi go lean.
    Lunch: Lettuce boats w blazing buffalo chicken breast, sweet peppers & baby swiss.
    Dinner: Steak salad, guacamole, organic corn chips, salsa, orange peppers, sour cream dressing.
    Snack: Peanut butter, banana.