TEAM FIVE

Options

Replies

• RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    I haven't posted much this week due to much busy-ness, but that also included exercise.

For Challenge #1, I chose the 5K frostbite footrace, split between walking and swimming (as approved by PM with @hawkins410). I did 2.5K outside walking my dogs and the other 2.5K in the pool. I really enjoy going to the pool and it increases my mobility and my dogs ALWAYS enjoy going for a walk with me. They think it's a great adventure!

Challenge #2 - I haven't had time to do either of the videos yet, hopefully tomorrow.

Challenge #3 - I am abstaining from alcohol for the entire period of Lent (46 days) which started on March 1st. I also did not drink on Monday (but did on Fat Tuesday), so I should meet the 5 day challenge by Saturday. I've been planning on doing this already so this challenge was a good jump start. Besides the sacrifice of one of my favorite vices, I'm also hoping it will help move the scale in a downward path. (I have a special bottle of vino to pop open on Easter Sunday!)

My minutes/miles have been lighter this week, so I doubt I will meet the 700, but I've still managed some exercise each day.

Minutes/Miles
    Mon: 80
    Tue: 195
    Wed: 80
    Thu: 60

• rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Hey all... Mission Enforcer messaged me that he has replaced @MiamiSeoul with @karinidowu --- I know the wait list is pretty thin, so it wouldn't hurt to post on your feed to possibly recruit some others... no guarantee they would end up on our team as I know several of the teams have really been suffering with illness and injuries as well.

@MiamiSeoul and @jackiep248 --- prayers for both of you for a quick and full recovery. You will be missed, but hope to catch you on a future challenge. Feel free to stay connected on here and update us on your recovery if you wouldn't mind.
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    SPREADSHEET CHANGE:

VERIFICATION CHALLENGE POINTS WILL NOW APPEAR AS "GREEN", UNTIL REVIEWED.
    "RED" NUMBERS INDICATE THAT YOUR POST HAS BEEN CHECKED, REJECTED, AND NEEDS TO BE REPOSTED.

PLEASE READ THE CHALLENGE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY, AND FOLLOW THE EXAMPLES, IF GIVEN.

• jschmid2
    jschmid2 Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGE #1
    I chose the 2.5K Frostbite Footrace
    I walked outside the beginning of this week because we had unseasonably warm weather. It was lovely to be outside and enjoy the fresh air. Although I will probably walk more outside this week, it has turned a colder and I really wanted to post one challenge done so I could get some momentum from a sense of accomplishment. :-)
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Looks like Mission Enforcer has added another player for us to replace @jackiep248 ... welcome, @bm1409 to our team!
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Hi everyone! So glad to be on the team! I will read up and see what I need to be doing. I hope I can get caught up. I have been working out all week so I hope some of what I have been already doing will work out to help the team.
  • sue_01
    sue_01 Posts: 2,700 Member
    Options
    @MiamiSeoul and @jackiep248 --Wish you both a speedy recovery!
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 1,989 Member
    Options
    Farewell @MiamiSeoul and @jackiep248 ! Keep us posted on how you are doing! We'll miss you both!
    spg.gif

Welcome to the Fab Fives @bm1409 and @karinidowu !!
    conga-line.gif

Better late than never! ;)
  • karinidowu
    karinidowu Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Thank you team 5! I look forward to racing with all of you! I got message middle of this week so I can get racing for rest of week and hopefully join in helping team.
  • ldrichmond476
    ldrichmond476 Posts: 157 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Just a little check in to let you all know I have been chipping away at the 10.49mi indoor challenge this week. Only 2.7mi left to do. At this point I could also be accomplishing the 5k outdoor challenge as we are expecting warm temps again this weekend and want to get on my bicycle. I was anticipating maxing out at 700 minutes this week, but realized that will not be happening now since I have an all day training on Saturday. Whatever part of challenge 1 that I get done I will be sure to post as instructed.

CHALLENGE #3
    I left coffee behind for 5 days.
    Not having coffee all week had me washing my hair with body wash on the 5th day! I did not realize the routine I had acquired with coffee. I did substitute it with protein drinks.

Hope you all have a motivated weekend!

Welcome @karinidowu and @bm1409 !

@My_Butt - how do you work a job and have that much time in the gym? Good grief- I figured you were a trainer with the numbers you log. Completely impressive!!
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    Just a little check in to let you all know I have been chipping away at the 10.49mi indoor challenge this week. Only 2.7mi left to do. At this point I could also be accomplishing the 5k outdoor challenge as we are expecting warm temps again this weekend and want to get on my bicycle. I was anticipating maxing out at 700 minutes this week, but realized that will not be happening now since I have an all day training on Saturday. Whatever part of challenge 1 that I get done I will be sure to post as instructed.

CHALLENGE #3
    I left coffee behind for 5 days.
    Not having coffee all week had me washing my hair with body wash on the 5th day! I did not realize the routine I had acquired with coffee. I did substitute it with protein drinks.

Hope you all have a motivated weekend!

Welcome @karinidowu and @bm1409 !

@My_Butt - how do you work a job and have that much time in the gym? Good grief- I figured you were a trainer with the numbers you log. Completely impressive!!

I get up super early and begin exercising, then I walk with a coworker during our lunch, and when I go home I do my hula hoop while I read or watch tv for a few hours and then yoga right before bed.
    I only sleep about 3-4 hours a night even when I try to force myself to sleep in (like tonight. It's my rest day, but I was wide awake at 2am.)
    I only work 4 days a week too, so I put in extra time on my days off with long walks, dancing, strength training, and hours hooping.
    I actually have really bad untreated ADHD, so I physically hurt when I sit still because my muscles are tensing super bad.
  • jschmid2
    jschmid2 Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    CHALLENGE #3
    I left french fries behind for 5 days.
    I really like French fries...they are easily in my top five favorite foods. I tend to overeat when I have fries so that's been helpful the past few days.
  • b3achy
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Woo hoo! We've made it to Alaska!! :smiley:

And of course, I just HAVE to post my, I'm sure by now, annoying yet obligatory paddling pictures at the destination...lol... ;)

So, I guess sometimes it is easier to paddle the iceberg instead of the board...
    paul-alaska.jpg

More my style - a bit more bundled up for the climate -
    SUP-alaska.jpg

Some Team Tips For our new Fab Five Mates:

Since you missed the first week, recommend adding everyone on the team as a friend on your news feed, so we can encourage you there too. Also, would love to have a small introduction if you are willing to let us know a bit about yourself.

Remember that challenge points are critical especially once we get to the destination. Focus on getting the challenges done (and count those minutes too), because they will make the biggest difference in our overall points total. It's great to shoot for max minutes, but because only a portion count, the minutes will count less in the grand scheme of things than getting those challenges done.

For challenges that need approval, don't leave them for the last day. ME needs time to verify them, and I'm loving his new system where we can now tell that he's looked at them, so if you see red, you'll have at least a day to fix your submission.

Don't leave putting in your minutes until the last minute. There have been times when the computer or site glitches, so it's best to put your minutes in at least periodically throughout the week, even if you can't do it everyday (though everyday is preferred so you keep your teammates in the know about how far along the team is). Also, if you end up having a hectic Sunday, you don't let the team down by not posting anything, and at least some of your minutes/challenge points will already be entered if the day gets away from you.

If you have trouble accessing the spreadsheet, post your minutes here with a note that you need someone to put them in for you. We can add your minutes to the spreadsheet if you post here. We can not add minutes from your news feed.

If you don't have minutes for that day or didn't get a challenge done, put in a zero, so we all know that you've put in something for that slot and aren't expecting you to fill it in later. Often Rus, our team captain, is scrambling at the last minute reminding people to get their minutes and challenge points filled in. Some mates if they aren't at 700 minutes yet are willing to do extra exercise on Sunday night trying to get us to bump up a spot if it is close. If you don't have your minutes in, then we we don't know how close we are to getting to that next level.

This is a team competition. We all contribute, and we all rally when some are having a tough week. Let's get it done!

5cf0865ceba6b5039fb93bef4e1a5c51.jpg

We are...
    fabfive.png
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    I too have had a very busy week! My numbers will be down, but i will get all the challenges done!

I went to visit jackiep248 in the hospital and brought her warm wishes from the fab 5's. Just glad that if she had to get sick, she got sick after returning to Canada! She has 4 more days in the hospital and then 6 weeks off work.

@MiamiSeoul hope you are better soon!
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options

bb1psvzg75hx.jpg

Your positive thoughts & prayers are greatly appreciated! Best wishes newbies <3 I'm rooting for everyone!

9pvyoaets0ji.jpg

GO GET 'EM FAB FIVES!!!

• RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday everyone!

Welcome @karinidowu and @bm1409! You've joined a wonderful team!

@b3achy - that paddleboarder with the shorts on the ice floe had me chuckling. We see people around here in Oregon all the time with shorts and flip-flops when it's freezing outside! They actually have a name for it "year-round shorts guy". It's always the guys and never the girls for some reason.

I am really struggling this week to find time for Challenge #2. I've been running crazy all week with lots of family obligations. My daughter-in-law's baby shower is today (in another town) and I'm just about to leave and will be tied up with that all day. Then we are leaving very early tomorrow morning to drive up to Washington State to babysit our grandbabies (3 1/2 and 11 months) and will be back very late Monday night. On top of that I feel a cold coming on. :s I will do my best to get it done tonight, but just not sure I'll have the energy since I also have to pack for the trip tomorrow.

• getsa
    getsa Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am done with ch#2

Also done with Ch#3 - no ice cream all week and I still have tomorrow ... but I know ... NO ICECREAM
  • mvfeathers2
    mvfeathers2 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    OK, it's done. Iditorod 10.49 miles between treadmill, bike, and elliptical.
  • b3achy
    edited March 2017
    Options
    CHALLENGE #3
    WHAT: I left eating sour candy behind for 5 days.
    HOW THAT WORKED FOR YOU: Well, to succeed, I chose to replace sour candy with other sour things like oranges, dill pickles and lemonade, so it made it tolerable to do. However, the Haribo Gummy Bear candy commercials about did me in a few times.

Status of the 5 food things I was working on this week:
    Water: 4/5, probably will get the fifth day done today (had an epic fail on Thursday), but as I said not really something to do for the challenge as we did it last week.
    Sodium within limits: 1/5, too much jerky this week
    Veggies at least 3x/day: 0/5, doing better to get more, but probably only 2 servings at most (I really prefer fruit)
    No alcohol: 2/5, but definitely reduced my consumption this week.
    No sour candy: 5/5