TEAM FOUR

Replies

• carinamenina
    carinamenina Posts: 105 Member
    @ddeliciosa Moab is gorgeous! I live just a couple hours north of there. Planning to take the kids down there soon to explore a bit :)
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    edited March 2017
    DESTINATION: COBH, IRELAND - MILES: 4353

STAY ACTIVE WHILE WATCHING THE FOLLOWING VIDEOS AND AWARD YOURSELF 22 MILES/MINUTES:

VIDEO 1 - “VIEW FROM ABOVE - IRELAND” - 3 MINUTES - DONE
    VIDEO 2 - “THE BEAUTY OF IRELAND” - 3 MINUTES - DONE
    VIDEO 3 - “WHEN IRISH EYES ARE SMILING” - 4 MINUTES - DONE
    VIDEO 4 - “RIVERDANCE LONGEST LINE WORLD RECORD” - 3 MINUTES - DONE
    VIDEO 5 - “GIANT’S CAUSEWAY, NORTHERN IRELAND” - 2 MINUTES - DONE
    VIDEO 6 - “20 OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PLACES IN IRELAND” - 2 MINUTES - DONE
    VIDEO 7 - “CELTIC WOMAN - YOU RAISE ME UP” - 5 MINUTES - DONE

CHALLENGES #1 & #2: "CELTIC CHOICE" (10 POINTS EACH)

PICK AND COMPLETE ONE OF THE PREVIOUS "CHALLENGE #1s" (AS THIS WEEK'S CHALLENGE #1). - DONE
    PICK AND COMPLETE ONE OF THE PREVIOUS "CHALLENGE #2s" (AS THIS WEEK'S CHALLENGE #2).

TO GET CREDIT FOR THESE CHALLENGES YOU MUST FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS EXACTLY:

1) COMPLETE THE CHALLENGE.

2) POST ON YOUR TEAM THREAD (USE A SEPARATE POST FOR EACH CHALLENGE:)

a.) LABEL "CHALLENGE # (1 OR 2)"
    b.) WHICH REPEATED CHALLENGE YOU CHOSE, IDENTIFYING WHICH WEEK (OR LOCATION) IT CAME FROM.
    c.) WHY YOU PICKED THIS PARTICULAR CHALLENGE.

3) PUT A "10" IN THE APPROPRIATE BOX ON THE SPREADSHEET (this will remain "GREEN" until reviewed, and will become "RED" if rejected).

MY CHOICES -

CHALLENGE #1: “FROSTBITE FOOTRACE OR IDITAROD?” (Option #2 - 5K outside) - DONE
    CHALLENGE #2: “RANDONNEE ON REUNION!” (5 km outside)

CHALLENGE #3: “WEARING O’ THE GREEN!” (5 POINTS)

TO EARN YOUR 5 POINTS FOR THIS LAST CHALLENGE WE WANT YOU TO EAT YOUR GREENS! EAT FOUR FULL SERVINGS OF FOUR DIFFERENT GREEN FRUIT OR VEGETABLES THIS WEEK! THAT’S IT!

YOU MUST POST ON YOUR TEAM THREAD WHAT FOUR GREEN FOODS YOU CONSUMED.

BE SURE TO LABEL THIS AS "CHALLENGE #3"!! AS WITH THE OTHER CHALLENGES YOUR POINTS WILL STAY “GREEN” UNTIL READ IF THEY STAY RED, LOOK AGAIN!

EXAMPLE:

CHALLENGE #3
    I ate four green vegetables this week. They were Brussel sprouts, kale, asparagus, and zucchini.

***NOTE: GREEN ALCOHOLIC DRINKS DO NOT COUNT***
    IT DOESN’T GET MUCH EASIER THAN THAT DOES IT?
    MUST BE THE LUCK O' THE IRISH!

1. GREEN PEPPERS
    2. AVOCADO
    3. GREEN APPLE

166/700MINUTES

MONDAY - 84 MINUTES
    TUESDAY - 60 MINUTES + 22 ACTIVE VIDEO MINUTES = 82 MINUTES
    WEDNESDAY -
    THURSDAY -
    FRIDAY -
    SATURDAY -
    SUNDAY -
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    edited March 2017
    @MissionEnforcer

CHALLENGE #1

WEEK 6: THE LAST GREAT RACE!
    “FROSTBITE FOOTRACE OR IDITAROD?” (Option #2 - 5K outside)

I picked the outdoor 5 k walks for both challenges. My son and I are currently on the mend after a very difficult week of being ill. The sun is finally out and there is nothing like a little fresh air to get our spirits back up after a week of being stuck indoors. The baby and I really enjoy walks outdoors so for Challenge 1 we did the frostbite foot race. We had doctors appointments and various errands and did it all on foot. NO CAR!! It took us more than the usual 1 hour to complete the 5k due to red lights crossing roads etc. but the 5k was completed. (and then some lol we had lots of errands)
  • darcijojo
    darcijojo Posts: 194 Member
    I'm so sore from yesterday's class. I also missed my water workout this morning because I had to take my daughter to physical therapy for her back. I'm just going to walk outside. It will probably be slow, but the minutes will count. It will also complete one of the challenges. Two greens done also, kiwi and broccoli.
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Hi team looks like my last post did not post today is the first time I am able to check in since Saturday. I am in beautiful St Thomas. I will be able to finish all challenges by Sunday I need help updating the spreadsheet though yesterday I did 60 minutes. Keep up the good work smashes!
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    Challenge #3

I ate 4greens this week. I had parsley on dinner last night and then cucumber, broccoli and celery for snacks today.
  • MonicaA2013
    My plan for the other challenges are to do the 10.49 Iditarod from Alaska and The recovery routine with Jessica and peanut from last weeks challenge. I will get started on them tonight and should have them done by Friday the latest. My minutes are staying up there and I will update my main post here later when I get done for the day.

Keep up the great work everyone !! B)
  • Scherzie
    Scherzie Posts: 1,190 Member
    Challenge #1
    I chose the "Muay Thai Anyone?" kickboxing video from Week 4 (Thailand)!
    It's one of the video's that I really enjoyed, and also decided to challenge myself to continue with some of the videos as I would really prefer to do all of them as running/walking.
  • Scherzie
    Scherzie Posts: 1,190 Member
    Challenge #2
    I chose the "Randonnee on Reunion" (5km outside) from Week 2 (Runion).
    I chose this one as I ran 5miles outside this morning, living in Florida, it is absolutely beautiful here right now.
  • dawnsch1995
    dawnsch1995 Posts: 97 Member
    Challenge 1 completd
    I chose to do the frostbite footrace from week 6.
    I chose this because I needed to get outside even in this cold weather to stop my cabin fever!!
  • MonicaA2013
    edited March 2017
    THIS IS “IT” TEAM! YOU HAVE ALL BEEN SO AMAZING!
    IT IS NOW TIME FOR THE FINAL PUSH TO FIND THAT POT OF GOLD AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW!

DESTINATION: COBH, IRELAND
    MILES: 4353

The following YouTube Videos will give you a taste:
    (Six Bonus Minutes if active while watching)

“View from Above - Ireland” DONE
    “The Beauty of Ireland” DONE

PLEASE WATCH THE FOLLOWING YOUTUBE TO MEET SOME OF THE FOLKS
    (STAY ACTIVE FOR 4 BONUS MINUTES)

“WHEN IRISH EYES ARE SMILING” DONE

WATCH THE FOLLOWING YOUTUBE FOR 3 BONUS MINUTES IF ACTIVE:

“RIVERDANCE LONGEST LINE WORLD RECORD” DONE

VIEW THIS YOUTUBE TO SEE MORE OF THIS NATURAL WONDER OF THE WORLD
    (TWO BONUS MINUTES IF ACTIVE):

“GIANT’S CAUSEWAY, NORTHERN IRELAND” DONE

PLEASE WATCH THE FOLLOWING YOUTUBE TO SEE WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE TO VISIT!
    (TWO BONUS MINUTES IF ACTIVE)

“20 OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PLACES IN IRELAND” DONE

****** CHALLENGES #1 & #2: "CELTIC CHOICE" ******

THIS WEEK WE WILL REVISIT WHERE WE'VE TRAVELED BY REPEATING TWO OF OUR PREVIOUS CHALLENGES. FROM THE FOLLOWING LIST:

PICK AND COMPLETE ONE OF THE PREVIOUS "CHALLENGE #1s" (AS THIS WEEK'S CHALLENGE #1).
    PICK AND COMPLETE ONE OF THE PREVIOUS "CHALLENGE #2s" (AS THIS WEEK'S CHALLENGE #2).

b.) WHICH REPEATED CHALLENGE YOU CHOSE, IDENTIFYING WHICH WEEK (OR LOCATION) IT CAME FROM.

3) PUT A "10" IN THE APPROPRIATE BOX ON THE SPREADSHEET (this will remain "GREEN" until reviewed, and will become "RED" if rejected).

EXAMPLE:

CHALLENGE #1:

I CHOSE THE 10.49 MILE "FROSTBITE FOOTRACE OR IDITAROD?" CHALLENGE FROM WEEK 6 (ALASKA)
    I CHOSE THIS CHALLENGE BECAUSE I LIKE TO HIKE WITH MY DOG FOR THE EXERCISE.

YOU MUST POST YOUR OWN POST!
    POSTS CORRECTED AND REPOSTED BY OTHER TEAM MEMBERS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!

******CHALLENGE #3: “WEARING O’ THE GREEN!”******
    (5 POINTS)

YE DIDN’T THINK I’D BE FORGETTIN’ ALL ABOUT ST. PADDY’S DAY DID YE NOW?

***TO EARN YOUR 5 POINTS FOR THIS LAST CHALLENGE***
    WE WANT YOU TO EAT YOUR GREENS! (YOU CAN WEAR YOUR GREEN TOO BUT THAT IS OPTIONAL) EAT FOUR FULL SERVINGS OF FOUR DIFFERENT GREEN FRUIT OR VEGETABLES THIS WEEK! THAT’S IT!

THEY CAN EVEN ALL BE IN ONE DAY!

BUT
    (ISN’T THERE ALWAYS A WEE “BUT”?)

***YOU MUST POST ON YOUR TEAM THREAD WHAT FOUR GREEN FOODS YOU CONSUMED***
    BE SURE TO LABEL THIS AS "CHALLENGE #3"!!

AS WITH THE OTHER CHALLENGES YOUR POINTS WILL STAY “GREEN” UNTIL READ IF THEY STAY RED, LOOK AGAIN!
    EXAMPLE:

CHALLENGE #3
    I ate four green vegetables this week. They were brussel sprouts, kale, asparagus, and zucchini.

BEFORE WE GO I’D LIKE YOU TO ENJOY THE FOLLOWING LIVE PERFORMANCE BY CELTIC WOMAN. (AND AWARD 5 BONUS MINUTES IF ACTIVE)

“Celtic Woman - You Raise Me Up” DONE

209/700 MINUTES

Mon - 92 including bonus video min.
    Tue - 117
    Wed -
    Thur -
    Fri -
    Sat -
    Sun -

LET'S GO TEAM SMASHERS !!!
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Challenge#3 : I ate spinach & broccoli yesterday, mixed greens for lunch & iceberg lettuce for supper.

(Can someone please update the spreadsheet for me?)
  • bowlt
    bowlt Posts: 40 Member
    CHALLENGE # 1

I picked Week 7 challenge

VIDEO #1
    “Reggae Workout Fitness Zone (20 minutes)”
    I picked this one because it was the only chanllenge week I was not able to get done do to power outages. It was difenantly a differnt type of workout!
  • bowlt
    bowlt Posts: 40 Member
    CHALLENGE #2:

I picked week 7 challenge again
    “TEK IT EASY MON!”

This was a really nice stretching video I enjoyed it.
  • aim630
    aim630 Posts: 120 Member
    CHALLENGE #1

WEEK 6: THE LAST GREAT RACE!
    “FROSTBITE FOOTRACE OR IDITAROD?” (Option #2 - 5K outside)

I chose this challenge because I am in New Orleans for a work conference, and my co-worker and I walked all over New Orleans the past 2 evenings. Last night alone, we walked 5.5 km, and tonight probably farther (I didn't track it on Map My Walk tonight). We plan on walking a lot tomorrow night also. It was interesting, to say the least. (there were a couple of streets we probably shouldn't have walked on after dark)
  • aim630
    CHALLENGE #2:
    Week 1: "XINGSHI IN CHINA!" (4 videos - 35 min.)

I chose these videos because I enjoyed them the first week. I do think it was easier for me to do them this week than it was the first week.

• aim630
    I will have to wait until this weekend to complete challenge 3. I did eat a salad Monday, then woke up yesterday with food poisoning. Luckily my flight to New Orleans was delayed, because I never would have made the early flight. Tonight is the first I've really eaten anything since Monday evening.
  • TaraDanielle40
    TaraDanielle40 Posts: 260 Member
    It's March break and we are on the go. Since the sheets app has taken away my spreadsheet again :s I've written everything down. I will be updating when I get a chance. Probably Friday night. I'll have the challenges done.
  • MonicaA2013
    THIS IS “IT” TEAM! YOU HAVE ALL BEEN SO AMAZING!
    IT IS NOW TIME FOR THE FINAL PUSH TO FIND THAT POT OF GOLD AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW!

DESTINATION: COBH, IRELAND
    MILES: 4353

The following YouTube Videos will give you a taste:
    (Six Bonus Minutes if active while watching)

“View from Above - Ireland” DONE
    “The Beauty of Ireland” DONE

PLEASE WATCH THE FOLLOWING YOUTUBE TO MEET SOME OF THE FOLKS
    (STAY ACTIVE FOR 4 BONUS MINUTES)

“WHEN IRISH EYES ARE SMILING” DONE

WATCH THE FOLLOWING YOUTUBE FOR 3 BONUS MINUTES IF ACTIVE:

“RIVERDANCE LONGEST LINE WORLD RECORD” DONE

VIEW THIS YOUTUBE TO SEE MORE OF THIS NATURAL WONDER OF THE WORLD
    (TWO BONUS MINUTES IF ACTIVE):

“GIANT’S CAUSEWAY, NORTHERN IRELAND” DONE

PLEASE WATCH THE FOLLOWING YOUTUBE TO SEE WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE TO VISIT!
    (TWO BONUS MINUTES IF ACTIVE)

“20 OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PLACES IN IRELAND” DONE

****** CHALLENGES #1 & #2: "CELTIC CHOICE" ******

THIS WEEK WE WILL REVISIT WHERE WE'VE TRAVELED BY REPEATING TWO OF OUR PREVIOUS CHALLENGES. FROM THE FOLLOWING LIST:

PICK AND COMPLETE ONE OF THE PREVIOUS "CHALLENGE #1s" (AS THIS WEEK'S CHALLENGE #1).

EXAMPLE:

CHALLENGE #1:

I CHOSE THE 10.49 MILE "FROSTBITE FOOTRACE OR IDITAROD?" CHALLENGE FROM WEEK 6 (ALASKA)
    I CHOSE THIS CHALLENGE BECAUSE I LIKE TO HIKE WITH MY DOG FOR THE EXERCISE.

YOU MUST POST YOUR OWN POST!
    POSTS CORRECTED AND REPOSTED BY OTHER TEAM MEMBERS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!

******CHALLENGE #3: “WEARING O’ THE GREEN!”******
    (5 POINTS)

YE DIDN’T THINK I’D BE FORGETTIN’ ALL ABOUT ST. PADDY’S DAY DID YE NOW?

***TO EARN YOUR 5 POINTS FOR THIS LAST CHALLENGE***
    WE WANT YOU TO EAT YOUR GREENS! (YOU CAN WEAR YOUR GREEN TOO BUT THAT IS OPTIONAL) EAT FOUR FULL SERVINGS OF FOUR DIFFERENT GREEN FRUIT OR VEGETABLES THIS WEEK! THAT’S IT!

THEY CAN EVEN ALL BE IN ONE DAY!

BUT
    (ISN’T THERE ALWAYS A WEE “BUT”?)

***YOU MUST POST ON YOUR TEAM THREAD WHAT FOUR GREEN FOODS YOU CONSUMED***
    BE SURE TO LABEL THIS AS "CHALLENGE #3"!!

AS WITH THE OTHER CHALLENGES YOUR POINTS WILL STAY “GREEN” UNTIL READ IF THEY STAY RED, LOOK AGAIN!
    EXAMPLE:

CHALLENGE #3
    I ate four green vegetables this week. They were brussel sprouts, kale, asparagus, and zucchini.

BEFORE WE GO I’D LIKE YOU TO ENJOY THE FOLLOWING LIVE PERFORMANCE BY CELTIC WOMAN. (AND AWARD 5 BONUS MINUTES IF ACTIVE)

“Celtic Woman - You Raise Me Up” DONE

318/700 MINUTES

Mon - 92 including bonus video min.
    Tue - 117
    Wed - 119
    Thur -
    Fri -
    Sat -
    Sun -

I will complete my challenges tomorrow after work. A long run/walk and a nice stretching is on the list.

LET'S GO TEAM SMASHERS !!!

• plainanjelik
    plainanjelik Posts: 232 Member
    Looks like Maryland has it backwards. We had two gorgeous weeks of spring (almost summer) weather. Cherry blossoms were blooming then we get hit with 3 inches of ice and probably the coldest weather we had all winter. I really wanted to do a challenge outside but a bit apprehensive about hurting myself. Hopefully the weekend turns out a bit better!