TEAM FOUR

Replies

• carinamenina
    carinamenina Posts: 105 Member
    LOL @Scherzie we chose the exact same two challenges :smiley:

@aim630 I'm sorry to hear about your food poisoning! Hope you feel better soon!

@lpeltenburg I added the 5 to challenge 3 for you :)

@TaraDanielle40 I always have to open the spreadsheet on my desktop each Monday, and then it will work on my Sheets app. So weird. I think it's because of the changes that MissionEnforcer makes to it on Sunday nights. I'm happy to put minutes in for you if you want to message them to me! Or wait, that's fine too.

Anybody heard anything from our fearless leader @SmashleyM914 ? She hasn't logged anything yet for the week nor chimed in here, and she's usually really active. Hope she's okay.

Hope you're all having a great final week! Team 1 is smoking us all! Let's go let's go let's go!
  • mckeon11
    mckeon11 Posts: 42 Member
    Challenge 1: "VOGLIO UN GELATO!" in week 5- I liked this video because it was a great cardio workout (my favorite kind) with added strength and conditioning I could do while keeping my little guy entertained. @MissionEnforcer
  • mckeon11
    Challenge 2: “FROSTBITE FOOTRACE OR IDITAROD?” in week 6: I chose this challenge because I am in training for a race and running comes naturally- I ran 10.49 over a few days this week and its BEAUTIFUL weather down here in SWFL!!
  • mckeon11
    Challenge 3: Fruits: Granny Smith apple, green grapes Vegetables: romaine lettuce with spinach salad, zucchini, Pickle, chives And tonight we are having green eggs and ham but that doesn't count...
  • MissionEnforcer
    MissionEnforcer Posts: 411 Member
    mckeon11 wrote: »
    Challenge 2: “FROSTBITE FOOTRACE OR IDITAROD?” in week 6: I chose this challenge because I am in training for a race and running comes naturally- I ran 10.49 over a few days this week and its BEAUTIFUL weather down here in SWFL!!
    "FROSTBITE FOOTRACE OR IDITAROD" WAS CHALLENGE #1 IN WEEK SIX. YOU NEED TO PICK FROM THE LIST OF CHALLENGE #2's TO RECEIVE CREDIT FOR CHALLENGE #2 THIS WEEK.
  • MonicaA2013
    MonicaA2013 Posts: 753 Member
    THIS IS “IT” TEAM! YOU HAVE ALL BEEN SO AMAZING!
    IT IS NOW TIME FOR THE FINAL PUSH TO FIND THAT POT OF GOLD AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW!

DESTINATION: COBH, IRELAND
    MILES: 4353

The following YouTube Videos will give you a taste: (Six Bonus Minutes if active while watching)

“View from Above - Ireland” DONE
    “The Beauty of Ireland” DONE

PLEASE WATCH THE FOLLOWING YOUTUBE TO MEET SOME OF THE FOLKS (STAY ACTIVE FOR 4 BONUS MINUTES)

“WHEN IRISH EYES ARE SMILING” DONE

WATCH THE FOLLOWING YOUTUBE FOR 3 BONUS MINUTES IF ACTIVE:

“RIVERDANCE LONGEST LINE WORLD RECORD” DONE

VIEW THIS YOUTUBE TO SEE MORE OF THIS NATURAL WONDER OF THE WORLD (TWO BONUS MINUTES IF ACTIVE):

“GIANT’S CAUSEWAY, NORTHERN IRELAND” DONE

PLEASE WATCH THE FOLLOWING YOUTUBE TO SEE WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE TO VISIT! (TWO BONUS MINUTES IF ACTIVE)

“20 OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PLACES IN IRELAND” DONE

****** CHALLENGES #1 & #2: "CELTIC CHOICE" ******

THIS WEEK WE WILL REVISIT WHERE WE'VE TRAVELED BY REPEATING TWO OF OUR PREVIOUS CHALLENGES. FROM THE FOLLOWING LIST:

PICK AND COMPLETE ONE OF THE PREVIOUS "CHALLENGE #1s"
    Alaska's Iditarod

PICK AND COMPLETE ONE OF THE PREVIOUS "CHALLENGE #2s"
    Jamaica's Stretching with Jessica and peanut

TO GET CREDIT FOR THESE CHALLENGES YOU MUST FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS EXACTLY:

1) COMPLETE THE CHALLENGE.

2) POST ON YOUR TEAM THREAD (USE A SEPARATE POST FOR EACH CHALLENGE:)
    a.) "CHALLENGE # 1 "6.89/10.49
    CHALLENGE # 2 not done yet
    b.) 1) Alaska 2) Jamaica
    c.) 1) OUTDOORS 2) RELAXING (I will have more detailed descriptions when i post after they are done)
    3) PUT A "10" IN THE APPROPRIATE BOX ON THE SPREADSHEET (this will remain "GREEN" until reviewed, and will become "RED" if rejected).

EXAMPLE:
    CHALLENGE #1:
    I CHOSE THE 10.49 MILE "FROSTBITE FOOTRACE OR IDITAROD?" CHALLENGE FROM WEEK 6 (ALASKA)
    I CHOSE THIS CHALLENGE BECAUSE I LIKE TO HIKE WITH MY DOG FOR THE EXERCISE.

YOU MUST POST YOUR OWN POST!
    POSTS CORRECTED AND RE-POSTED BY OTHER TEAM MEMBERS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!

******CHALLENGE #3: “WEARING O’ THE GREEN!”******
    (5 POINTS) DONE

YE DIDN’T THINK I’D BE FORGETTIN’ ALL ABOUT ST. PADDY’S DAY DID YE NOW?

***TO EARN YOUR 5 POINTS FOR THIS LAST CHALLENGE***
    WE WANT YOU TO EAT YOUR GREENS! (YOU CAN WEAR YOUR GREEN TOO BUT THAT IS OPTIONAL) EAT FOUR FULL SERVINGS OF FOUR DIFFERENT GREEN FRUIT OR VEGETABLES THIS WEEK! THAT’S IT!

THEY CAN EVEN ALL BE IN ONE DAY! BUT !! (ISN’T THERE ALWAYS A WEE “BUT”?)

***YOU MUST POST ON YOUR TEAM THREAD WHAT FOUR GREEN FOODS YOU CONSUMED***
    BE SURE TO LABEL THIS AS "CHALLENGE #3"!!

AS WITH THE OTHER CHALLENGES YOUR POINTS WILL STAY “GREEN” UNTIL READ IF THEY STAY RED, LOOK AGAIN!
    EXAMPLE:

CHALLENGE #3
    I ate four green vegetables this week. They were brussel sprouts, kale, asparagus, and zucchini.

***NOTE: GREEN ALCOHOLIC DRINKS DO NOT COUNT***
    IT DOESN’T GET MUCH EASIER THAN THAT DOES IT?
    MUST BE THE LUCK O' THE IRISH!

BEFORE WE GO I’D LIKE YOU TO ENJOY THE FOLLOWING LIVE PERFORMANCE BY CELTIC WOMAN. (AND AWARD 5 BONUS MINUTES IF ACTIVE)

“Celtic Woman - You Raise Me Up” DONE

472/700 MINUTES

Mon - 92 including bonus video min.
    Tue - 117
    Wed - 119
    Thur - 154
    Fri -
    Sat -
    Sun -

LET'S GO TEAM SMASHERS !!!

P.S... I will add my minutes to the spreadsheet tomorrow and jump us up on the boards. I should also be adding the first 2 challenges tomorrow or Saturday.
  • bowlt
    bowlt Posts: 40 Member
    Challenge 3
    Eating of the greens. I was able to enjoy, green grapes, a green apple, kiwi and some green beans. This week I think I enjoyed the apple the most!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    edited March 2017
    DESTINATION: COBH, IRELAND - MILES: 4353

STAY ACTIVE WHILE WATCHING THE FOLLOWING VIDEOS AND AWARD YOURSELF 22 MILES/MINUTES:

VIDEO 1 - “VIEW FROM ABOVE - IRELAND” - 3 MINUTES - DONE
    VIDEO 2 - “THE BEAUTY OF IRELAND” - 3 MINUTES - DONE
    VIDEO 3 - “WHEN IRISH EYES ARE SMILING” - 4 MINUTES - DONE
    VIDEO 4 - “RIVERDANCE LONGEST LINE WORLD RECORD” - 3 MINUTES - DONE
    VIDEO 5 - “GIANT’S CAUSEWAY, NORTHERN IRELAND” - 2 MINUTES - DONE
    VIDEO 6 - “20 OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PLACES IN IRELAND” - 2 MINUTES - DONE
    VIDEO 7 - “CELTIC WOMAN - YOU RAISE ME UP” - 5 MINUTES - DONE

CHALLENGES #1 & #2: "CELTIC CHOICE" (10 POINTS EACH)

PICK AND COMPLETE ONE OF THE PREVIOUS "CHALLENGE #1s" (AS THIS WEEK'S CHALLENGE #1). - DONE
    PICK AND COMPLETE ONE OF THE PREVIOUS "CHALLENGE #2s" (AS THIS WEEK'S CHALLENGE #2). - DONE

TO GET CREDIT FOR THESE CHALLENGES YOU MUST FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS EXACTLY:

1) COMPLETE THE CHALLENGE.

2) POST ON YOUR TEAM THREAD (USE A SEPARATE POST FOR EACH CHALLENGE:)

a.) LABEL "CHALLENGE # (1 OR 2)"
    b.) WHICH REPEATED CHALLENGE YOU CHOSE, IDENTIFYING WHICH WEEK (OR LOCATION) IT CAME FROM.
    c.) WHY YOU PICKED THIS PARTICULAR CHALLENGE.

3) PUT A "10" IN THE APPROPRIATE BOX ON THE SPREADSHEET (this will remain "GREEN" until reviewed, and will become "RED" if rejected).

MY CHOICES -

CHALLENGE #1: “FROSTBITE FOOTRACE OR IDITAROD?” (Option #2 - 5K outside) - DONE
    CHALLENGE #2: “RANDONNEE ON REUNION!” (5 km outside)
    - DONE

CHALLENGE #3: “WEARING O’ THE GREEN!” (5 POINTS) - DONE

TO EARN YOUR 5 POINTS FOR THIS LAST CHALLENGE WE WANT YOU TO EAT YOUR GREENS! EAT FOUR FULL SERVINGS OF FOUR DIFFERENT GREEN FRUIT OR VEGETABLES THIS WEEK! THAT’S IT!

YOU MUST POST ON YOUR TEAM THREAD WHAT FOUR GREEN FOODS YOU CONSUMED.

BE SURE TO LABEL THIS AS "CHALLENGE #3"!! AS WITH THE OTHER CHALLENGES YOUR POINTS WILL STAY “GREEN” UNTIL READ IF THEY STAY RED, LOOK AGAIN!

EXAMPLE:

CHALLENGE #3
    I ate four green vegetables this week. They were Brussel sprouts, kale, asparagus, and zucchini.

***NOTE: GREEN ALCOHOLIC DRINKS DO NOT COUNT***
    IT DOESN’T GET MUCH EASIER THAN THAT DOES IT?
    MUST BE THE LUCK O' THE IRISH!

1. GREEN PEPPERS
    2. AVOCADO
    3. GREEN APPLE
    4. BROCOLLI

522/700 MINUTES

MONDAY - 84 MINUTES
    TUESDAY - 60 MINUTES + 22 ACTIVE VIDEO MINUTES = 82 MINUTES
    WEDNESDAY - 75 MINUTES
    THURSDAY - 145 MINUTES
    FRIDAY - 136 MINUTES
    SATURDAY -
    SUNDAY -
  • mari_moulin
    @MissionEnforcer

CHALLENGE #2

WEEK 2: RACING TO LA RÉUNION! - “RANDONNEE ON REUNION!” (5 km outside)

This was my second 5 k outdoors after doing challenge 1 with my son. It did us so much good getting outdoors for these walks after being ill and stuck indoors for almost 2 weeks. We went to our local trail and walked along the canal as we watched ducks and swans padding along with us in hopes for some bread. Felt sorry we didn't have any on us lol.
  • AshleyMFitness16
    AshleyMFitness16 Posts: 545 Member
    Hey Smashers!
    Phew!! That adjustment to real life got me feelin all kinds of crazy!! The last part of my trip to Florida was spent hopping all over the state visiting friends and family, and we stayed at my husband's cousin's house in the middle of nowhere, he lives on a horse farm and there's just something amazing and peaceful about waking up to those beautiful animals every morning!! I have been getting my minutes and challenges! I just had no service most of the time, so I couldn't catch up, I'm so sorry!! And having two jobs impatiently waiting for my return, I've been going crazy since I got home! I managed to pack on 4 pounds on vacay, too. Boo!! Just feeling grateful I did the slim down before I left, and I know most of this is water weight and will come off quickly. I'll read all your posts as soon as I get a chance!!
  • mari_moulin
    @MissionEnforcer

CHALLENGE #3

I never realized how hard it was to get green fruits and veggies in my meals. my kids don't make it easy. This week I had....

1. GREEN PEPPERS
    2. AVOCADO
    3. GREEN APPLE
    4. BROCOLLI
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Challenge #1 @MissionEnforcer
    I repeated the bridge climb challenge from week 3. I picked this challenge because my hubby's cousins house that we were staying at, the horse stables were downstairs on the main ground level and his house was upstairs. 18 stairs up and down, so it was easy to get plenty of them done, especially chasing my little dude around. He always needed to be by those horses!! I finished them up when we got home and unpacking and putting everything away had me up and down my own stairs about a million times. The struggle is real!!
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Challenge #2 @MissionEnforcer
    I repeated the RANDONNEE ON RÉUNION challenge from week 2. I chose this challenge because one of the days we were hopping around Florida, we went to Clearwater Beach. Between walking up and down the streets window shopping, and the beach walking I did with my son to find the perfect seashells, my GPS had me at 8KM so I got that done easy peasy! Too bad my FitBit was dead the whole second part of my trip :[
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Challenge #3 @MissionEnforcer
    I ate pickles with my lunch on Monday, green peppers with my lunch on Tuesday, mixed greens in my salad with dinner on Tuesday, and kale in my smoothie from the airport on Wednesday.
  • AshleyMFitness16
    Hey Smashers, sorry I've been MIA this week! I feel like a crazy person trying to catch up at work after being gone for four days. Finally got back to the gym and running towards the end of the week and it feels so good. Today I ran a 5K with my sister and even ran to the race location so I could get more miles in (was totally not looking to PR so I was okay being tired starting out the race).

Did challenge video #2 as well. Very enjoyable. I think I will do it again tomorrow to get a few more minutes in. I'm also making a stew for dinner tomorrow and plan to add thyme to it for challenge #3. Sorry for putting it off until the last minute but I WILL get it done!

Hope you're all doing okay and that the non-loggers can chime in soon :)

@carinamenina I feel your pain!! The adjustment after a trip is so rough!!
    lynnbaum wrote: »
    I am ready to really cook it up next week. I got a new instapot. I made ribs and beets for dinner tonight. I have to report a NSV. I put on a pair of jeans and kept snugging my belt. Moved 1 1/2 wholes. Man that feels good. Scale moved from 34 something% to 33.9%without weight going up. We are getting snow tonight.

@lynnbaum I've heard awesome things about the instapot!! Let me know how you like it! And awesome job with the NSV!!
    @MonicaA2013 I agree! Seriously! I think many are waiting to add until the last minute, so we get a false sense of security. Sigh. I'm going to do my best to max out this week and I hope many others do, too. Completing challenges 1 and 2 shouldn't be hard because we've done them all before, so pick whichever two work easiest with your schedule. And eating four green fruits/veggies? Piece of cake. Let's pull this together, team, and finish strong! :D:D:D

@carinamenina @MonicaA2013 Just shows that next time around we have to keep the mind set that we're never safe!
    darcijojo wrote: »
    NSV to share today. I decided to try a chisel class at my rec center and was a little worried about keeping up, but I did it! I was pretty proud of myself. I also bought a pair of pants a few weeks ago and they didn't fit. I could get them on, but not zipped. Today, those suckers zipped up too. :smiley: I guess all the work and videos for this race are paying off.

@darcijojo Awesome!! Isn't it such a great feeling to accomplish a workout you weren't too sure about?! So proud of you!!
    I was pacing back and forth last night while I watched the Ireland videos and just getting in some active minutes...and I realized 20 minutes in that I had plugged in my FitBit to charge an hour before and I hadn't put it back on. GAHHHH!!!! I was so mad at myself. I hate not getting credit for all those steps :P I'm still counting the active minutes, though. Because I did them.

So, challenges 1 and 2 are both done! Still working on Challenge #3 but that should be complete soon. Feeling good about this week. How is everyone? Seems kinda quiet. Hope you're all okay!

@carinamenina Isn't it funny how our fitbits end up running our lives??
    LOL @Scherzie we chose the exact same two challenges :smiley:

@aim630 I'm sorry to hear about your food poisoning! Hope you feel better soon!

@lpeltenburg I added the 5 to challenge 3 for you :)

@TaraDanielle40 I always have to open the spreadsheet on my desktop each Monday, and then it will work on my Sheets app. So weird. I think it's because of the changes that MissionEnforcer makes to it on Sunday nights. I'm happy to put minutes in for you if you want to message them to me! Or wait, that's fine too.

Anybody heard anything from our fearless leader @SmashleyM914 ? She hasn't logged anything yet for the week nor chimed in here, and she's usually really active. Hope she's okay.

Hope you're all having a great final week! Team 1 is smoking us all! Let's go let's go let's go!

@carinamenina Awe you missed me <3<3<3<3<3
    darcijojo wrote: »
    Hey all. Been busy this week with PT for myself and my daughter, couple of ball games for my son, and track for my daughter. I've still been working out and have completed two challenges. I'll try and get them entered tonight.

Just need to brag on my kids for a minute. My daughter took first place in 3 events and we are pretty sure she set a new school record also. Then my son pitched and had 15 strike outs. So proud of both of them.

@darcijojo Give those kids a high five from me!!

• mari_moulin
    Happy St Patrick's day everyone!!

xrd58ekdpmad.jpg
  • mckeon11
    Sorry @MissionEnforcer! Here goes try 2

Challenge #2: "XINGSHI IN CHINA!" I completed these four videos while my little one napped today! They worked up a good sweat and they are quite entertaining to boot! I chose them over the pure running challenge to give myself a little challenge (since running is my favorite)
  • ddeliciosa
    ddeliciosa Posts: 168 Member
    @MissionEnforcer Challenge #3 - I got my greens in by eating some avocado, celery, spring mix salad, annnnnd green peppers! Veggies are no issue for me to get, this this was a pretty easy challenge
  • ddeliciosa
    ddeliciosa Posts: 168 Member
    @MissionEnforcer Challenge #1 Frostbite Footrace from Week 6: I decided to do another 5k type challenge since I was out hiking/camping and didn't really have internet service. I did several trails that would qualify but I think my favorite had to be Deadhorse State Park - that was about ~5.3 miles and had awesome panoramic views.