Blood Type Diet Buddies?

1235

Replies

  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,331 Member
    cmtigger wrote: »
    Kschmidt64 wrote: »
    I am Type O. Believe it or not eating more meat (protein) I actually feel better. Surprisingly, what we eat does affect our blood as well as the rest of the body. Because of it I am over 200 pounds and taking my life back by having gastric sleeve done in March 2017. So for those of you who think its all baloney. Only some of it is true. I need to eat meat! I Like meat and it actually make me NOT want sweets. I like that !

    But feeling better eating meat is not because of your blood type. It may have genetic roots, like the lactose tolerance gene, but not blood type.

    Exactly. As a type O I'm supposed to feel better eating meat and high fat, but I don't. I feel like I've swallowed a rock if I overdo it on meat and fat is not satisfying to me. I'm supposed to have superior digestion for meat as per blood type, but it's not the case for me. It also states that I'm also supposed to have bouts of excessive anger, temper tantrums, impulsivity and hyperactivity. This can't be farther from the truth. I'm generally calm, in fact I'm too calm and diplomatic it gets on some people's nerves, and I WISH I was hyperactive (I'm a couch potato unless purposely get moving). All that NEAT would be great to have while dieting, but yeah.. Not that lucky...The only thing they got right is that exercise helps my emotional health. It does. But then again, like any other woo, make enough assumptions and at least one is bound to be right, grab onto that and gleefully proclaim "I told you so".

    This diet is the scientology of diets...
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,524 Member
    t
    cmtigger wrote: »
    Kschmidt64 wrote: »
    I am Type O. Believe it or not eating more meat (protein) I actually feel better. Surprisingly, what we eat does affect our blood as well as the rest of the body. Because of it I am over 200 pounds and taking my life back by having gastric sleeve done in March 2017. So for those of you who think its all baloney. Only some of it is true. I need to eat meat! I Like meat and it actually make me NOT want sweets. I like that !

    But feeling better eating meat is not because of your blood type. It may have genetic roots, like the lactose tolerance gene, but not blood type.

    Exactly. As a type O I'm supposed to feel better eating meat and high fat, but I don't. I feel like I've swallowed a rock if I overdo it on meat and fat is not satisfying to me. I'm supposed to have superior digestion for meat as per blood type, but it's not the case for me. It also states that I'm also supposed to have bouts of excessive anger, temper tantrums, impulsivity and hyperactivity. This can't be farther from the truth. I'm generally calm, in fact I'm too calm and diplomatic it gets on some people's nerves, and I WISH I was hyperactive (I'm a couch potato unless purposely get moving). All that NEAT would be great to have while dieting, but yeah.. Not that lucky...The only thing they got right is that exercise helps my emotional health. It does. But then again, like any other woo, make enough assumptions and at least one is bound to be right, grab onto that and gleefully proclaim "I told you so".

    This diet is the scientology of diets...

    Right. It only works and makes perfect sense when you just happen to like the food that was arbitrarily matched up with your blood type when this guy sat down and created the diet out of thin air.
  • stjohn8us
    stjohn8us Posts: 12 Member
    Wow, again, wow. People really do just skim. I don't blame them because my post was very long. I felt like I needed to explain my OP, and I did. But many of you must have missed the part where I said I lost the weight 15 years ago before I'd ever heard of the BTD. AND I lost the weight using nutritionally balanced CICO with exercise. I still use that same recipe. I use the BTD for the ingredients. So please stop replying to my OP unless you (1) have read the entire OP and/or (2) you'd like to be my buddy. Anything else is off topic. PS -- anyone who has nearly 3,000 posts in this community has too much time on his/her hands. That's the opinion of this Aquarian Rabbit, anyway. <3 Oh, and I'm a flexitarian. <3
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,690 Member
    stjohn8us wrote: »
    Wow, again, wow. People really do just skim. I don't blame them because my post was very long. I felt like I needed to explain my OP, and I did. But many of you must have missed the part where I said I lost the weight 15 years ago before I'd ever heard of the BTD. AND I lost the weight using nutritionally balanced CICO with exercise. I still use that same recipe. I use the BTD for the ingredients. So please stop replying to my OP unless you (1) have read the entire OP and/or (2) you'd like to be my buddy. Anything else is off topic. PS -- anyone who has nearly 3,000 posts in this community has too much time on his/her hands. That's the opinion of this Aquarian Rabbit, anyway. <3 Oh, and I'm a flexitarian. <3

    I don't think people were attacking you or your post;mostly just discussing the evidence,if any,for the BTD diet which,as I understand it, isn't only aimed at weight loss anyway.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,510 Member
    edited January 2017
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    my massage therapist swears by it! I am A+ and interested in it! I have read all the comments and wow nothing like asking for one thing and being attacked...If it works for one stay with it if not don't...But don't tear others apart! That is not what these forums are for. I for one don't believe in shakes as meal replacements. Help yes but the whole meal...is that what ones goals are? Yes you will lose but when you start eating normal healthy food will you gain it all back..I have a friend who did those pregnancy hormones drops HGC...lost 75 lbs..once done (because you cant live on them) gain every pound back...but it was her choice and shouldn't be criticized...just my opinion!

    Massage therapists have exactly zero hours of nutritional training. I wouldn't take my dietary advice from an MT. Absolutely no one has been attacking OP. Several people have encouraged her to continue to enjoy her dietary choices and the success she is finding with that. The science behind the diet is what's being questioned.
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    my massage therapist swears by it! I am A+ and interested in it! I have read all the comments and wow nothing like asking for one thing and being attacked...If it works for one stay with it if not don't...But don't tear others apart! That is not what these forums are for. I for one don't believe in shakes as meal replacements. Help yes but the whole meal...is that what ones goals are? Yes you will lose but when you start eating normal healthy food will you gain it all back..I have a friend who did those pregnancy hormones drops HGC...lost 75 lbs..once done (because you cant live on them) gain every pound back...but it was her choice and shouldn't be criticized...just my opinion!

    Massage therapists have exactly zero hours of nutritional training. I wouldn't take my dietary advice from an MT. Absolutely no one has been attacking OP. Several people have encouraged her to continue to enjoy her dietary choices and the success she is finding with that. The science behind the diet is what's being questioned.

    That's not true actually,at least not in the UK - we do get some training in nutrition but it's basic and wouldn't cover anything that wasn't evidence based. Plus it's not really professional to be advising our clients about diet - I'd always advise them to see a doctor or qualified dietician. We're not att new age quacks :smile:

    That may be program specific. The only nutritional information I received during my education (former career) involved the order of food consumption. Eating salad at the end of the meal to cleanse the colon with no other dietary changes was supposed to lead to weight loss :confounded:

    ETA: that was 5 minutes of my life I would like back.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,331 Member
    stjohn8us wrote: »
    Wow, again, wow. People really do just skim. I don't blame them because my post was very long. I felt like I needed to explain my OP, and I did. But many of you must have missed the part where I said I lost the weight 15 years ago before I'd ever heard of the BTD. AND I lost the weight using nutritionally balanced CICO with exercise. I still use that same recipe. I use the BTD for the ingredients. So please stop replying to my OP unless you (1) have read the entire OP and/or (2) you'd like to be my buddy. Anything else is off topic. PS -- anyone who has nearly 3,000 posts in this community has too much time on his/her hands. That's the opinion of this Aquarian Rabbit, anyway. <3 Oh, and I'm a flexitarian. <3

    Aren't you a peach? :noway:
  • stjohn8us
    stjohn8us Posts: 12 Member
    edited January 2017
    No one questioned her diet, just the reasoning, which is a valuable thing to understand (and also explains why she's not getting any takers).

    Actually, I've gotten a number of takers. They've contacted me directly.
  • stjohn8us
    stjohn8us Posts: 12 Member
    D'Adamo's answer to his critics: http://www.dadamo.com/txt/index.pl?3001
  • stjohn8us
    stjohn8us Posts: 12 Member
    stjohn8us wrote: »
    D'Adamo's answer to his critics: http://www.dadamo.com/txt/index.pl?3001

    I love the cartoon! So true!

  • stjohn8us
    stjohn8us Posts: 12 Member
    Aren't you a peach?

    Thanks! o:)
  • stjohn8us
    stjohn8us Posts: 12 Member
    asthma does not go away either, the symptoms can and you can be symptom free especially if you have asthma that is triggered by allergies but asthma is a lung disease, its not curable(its treatable) and you can have a flare up at any time. They used to say you could outgrow it. thats an old myth.

    vir·tu·al
    ˈvərCH(o͞o)əl/
    adjective
    Almost or nearly as described, but not completely or according to strict definition.
    "My asthma has virtually disappeared." Almost but not completely. But much better.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,331 Member
    stjohn8us wrote: »
    Aren't you a peach?

    Thanks! o:)

    71118.gif
This discussion has been closed.