Any Whovians out there? :)

123457»

Replies

• SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    "if everyone thinks of one word, at one specific time, right across the world. One word, just one thought, at one moment, but with fifteen satellites. The telepathic field, binding the whole human race together. With all of them, every single person on Earth, thinking the same thing at the same time. And that word is "Doctor." "

:P

But while it was obvious it was him, I'm rather pleased it was an older guy. I'm hopeful for a move back to the older formats (like they started to do with Matt's later episodes), and a fair bit darker. I want a real Doctor, not a pretend human.
    With luck they'll also be keeping his accent too.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Now we know! It will be interesting to see how he plays it. I am a relatively new fan so this is only my third doctor. I wonder if his companion will be close to his age.
  • mrloserpunk
    mrloserpunk Posts: 92 Member
    His role in World War Z was as the W.H.O. Doctor (listed as that on IMDB). :P

That's awesome! I started with the recent reboot... I just can't seem to get into the older ones... But tennant is my fav so far.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Ugh not happy with Peter Capaldi as 12. Anyone seen Fortysomething? I hated him so much. I'm considering checking out something more recent of his to decide whether it is him or the character, but I don't hold out much hope.
  • tishtash77
    tishtash77 Posts: 430 Member

With luck they'll also be keeping his accent too.

That might annoy Tennant somewhat, when he was cast he was at first supposedly excited to be bringing the Scottish to the Doctor but then Davies wanted him to stick to English.
  • peniculala
    peniculala Posts: 81 Member
    Whovian since 1980 here :-) Favorite Doctors are Tom Baker and Matt Smith.

Me too!
  • peniculala
    peniculala Posts: 81 Member
    I watched a few episodes with Peter Davison but I was too used to Baker so that was it for me.

I never warmed up to Davison either, left it for some time after that.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member

His role in World War Z was as the W.H.O. Doctor (listed as that on IMDB). :P

Yes, I noticed that, too, when I was looking him up. I thought it was an interesting "coincidence"
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Of course I love the Doctor.
    Favorite Doctor: 4 (my first). I also love 3,5, 6,10 &11
    Favorite Companions; Susan, Ace, Adrick, Lela, Rory Williams, Sarah Jane Smith, Martha and Donna Noble (my #1 fav)
    Recurring Favorites: The Brigadier, Captain Jack, River Song and the trio of Straxx/Jenny/Vastra
    Least Favorite: Rose Tyler(cannot stand her), Clara (seems nice enough, but her presence feels pointless.)

Happy to see an older guy playing the Doctor with the casting of Capaldi. I'll have to see him action before I decide if I like him as Doctor or not.
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    cant say i know him?
    however never knew matt smith and had my doubts when he 1st showed up, and honestly think he is a great doctor now,
    am sure the new guy will be up to standard
  • breaivy
    breaivy Posts: 2 Member
    /rolls in.
    Hi. c:

Favorite Doctor: Matt Smith. I'm going to be so bummed after Christmas, aha.
    Favorite Episode: The Empty Child, Blink, and The Vampires of Venice
    Favorite Companion: Either Rose or Martha.. Maybe Amy. :)
    Favorite Villain: The Silence
    And my favorite lines consist of:
    "Good men don't need rules, and today is not the day to find out why I have so many."
    "Shut up, Hitler!"
    "No! He's your dad! You can't just call him Not Mum." "Not mum?" "That's you. Also Not Mum--that's me--and everybody else is.. Peasants. That's a bit unfortunate."

I've only just started with the classics a couple of days ago, so I can't comment much. But I hear that I should be excited for Four.
    And I'm a bit upset about the gingerless-ness of Peter, but I hear that he'll be a master of sass. So I'm excited.

Edit: I also really enjoy your ticker. (: