Who we are and why we do the things we do

Options

Replies

• swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    2t9nty wrote: »
    As long as we are looking at the personality types, here is a list of what exhausts us by type.

http://thoughtcatalog.com/heidi-priebe/2015/11/what-exhausts-each-myers-briggs-personality-type/

ISFJ – Inconsistent People

ISFJs thrive on nurturing and caring for their loved ones. But when the people in their lives are behaving inconsistently, it makes it difficult for the ISFJ to understand how to harmonize with them. The inability to make sense of those they love is highly stressful for the ISFJ and it rapidly drains them of energy.

Oh my gosh....It's totally true.....I hate inconsistancy.....Just make up your mind already! :)
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss I am going to look up my book because there is a faint memory of something about one type not being able to pick a type. I will check. I remember doing this test in a large group of 70 people. When we were asked to divide up into our types, there were two of us left standing alone. Me, a very strong INFP and a lady who was really fascinating (at least to me) who did not know her type.

Yeah, sometimes, they get things wrong in Kindergarten. One of my brothers was confirm by the school psychologist (and they rang the test twice) as mental defective. He is the one who has a PhD in Medical BioPhysics and is a consultant for our government. Just marched to a different drum. Colour blindness must have been hard particularly in junior grades. I knew different colours, I just didn't care about rules as to which one went with what.

Even though the world can 'type' us, I find it really interesting because the "what we do" may look the same, but the reasons are entirely different. That is one of the reasons I like being older. I have learned to ask and the answers can be really interesting.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @RalfLott @camtosh @KnitOrMiss Maybe the hallmark of this type: Adventurer (ISFP-T) is not thinking we match the profile??? lol

As for the being a deer...that matches me quite well. I keep my thoughts so well to myself that even in this tumultuous political time those around me have no idea what my opinions are! lol
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    redimock wrote: »
    I took one of these tests in college (a very long time ago :lol: ) and I got ISTJ, which I don't think has changed. I came across this post a few years ago, and it is scary accurate for my definition of hell. :smiley: Thought you all might enjoy as well!

http://thoughtcatalog.com/heidi-priebe/2015/05/the-definition-of-hell-for-each-myers-briggs-personality-type/

LOL Yikes! so true.

My hell:
    ISFJ – Everyone you love is yelling at each other and it’s all your fault.

My animal:
    ISFJ- Polar Bear
    Strengths: Take responsibilities seriously, loyal, good listeners, nurturing
    Weaknesses: Difficulties stepping outside of comfort zone, dislikes change.

:/ ??? Hard to reconcile with your enthusiasm for LC......

:D LOL Good point.

Go with loyal... We're loyal to what works. ;)

But yes... change is a pain in the butt. I NEVER get around to renovating. LOL ;)
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I like the Disney character comparisons
    kqu82cdehv3j.jpg

I also found some fun stuff on this site.

https://www.opp.com/en/Using-Type/Garden-Type-table

I may use this as a profile photo

cdqcan9out7t.jpg
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Yikers. ENTJ-A/-T. The Commander. It looks like I need to work on a few things. I always thought I could be possibly be a jerk, now it's confirmed.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    slimzandra wrote: »
    Yikers. ENTJ-A/-T. The Commander. It looks like I need to work on a few things. I always thought I could be possibly be a jerk, now it's confirmed.

Maybe it's "Commender"... typo?
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    @sunny_bunny_ I realize I have never met another INFP. It is exciting! One of the comments in one of the books had a profound effect for me. It said when interviewing for a job, listen carefully to what the job IS, not what you think the job could be. I always found this hard to do but the awareness was really, really important. But my ability to see what impact a job could have, was seen as a "self starter" thing, so I often got the job. But then I found, it wasn't the job I really wanted because it was the job that IS, not what could be!

The above badge is interesting. I never thought of dreaming as meditation. Now if I can just get back to dreaming instead of ruminating, life would be good.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    And it may just be the shape of our brain. :)

https://yahoo.com/news/nasty-nice-study-links-personality-brain-shape-000603699.html

I expect the different personality types are a plus for society as a whole.

As an INTP-A number 10 below cracked me up. "INTPs have the attention span of a duck on cocaine."

https://www.reddit.com/r/INTP/comments/4ziaet/signs_a_intp_likes_or_is_attracted_to_you/

• slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    And the shape and size of our brains change as we age. Some more than others.

"Using brain scans from over 500 people aged 22 to 36, the new study looked at differences in the cortex -- the wrinkly outer layer of the brain also known as grey matter."

The study stopped at age 36? I am heck of a lot more ornery and bossy at 50+, then I was in my mid-20s.
    I guess I can chalk up my "commender" :D profile to brain change.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    slimzandra wrote: »
    And the shape and size of our brains change as we age. Some more than others.

"Using brain scans from over 500 people aged 22 to 36, the new study looked at differences in the cortex -- the wrinkly outer layer of the brain also known as grey matter."

The study stopped at age 36? I am heck of a lot more ornery and bossy at 50+, then I was in my mid-20s.
    I guess I can chalk up my "commender" :D profile to brain change.

@slimzandra & @GaleHawkins - maybe that's where the image of the cranky old curmudgeon yelling "you wily kids, get off my lawn!" originated? :D;):D;)
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    @GaleHawkins I have a brain condition in which my skull is actually too small for my brain and basically the pressure pushes your cerebellar tonsils outside the skull through the foramen magnum. So now I'm curious if over time and pressure this changes your brain shape and if so does it change your personality or do you still have the personality of the default brain shape you started with? I had surgery to remove part of my skull and my C1 vertebra to give my brain room so then that maybe changed my brain shape again? It poses interesting questions for certain!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    @anglyn1 because of my background I buy into the validity of personality tests but not the brain shape stuff really. It sounds like you have some awesome doctors working with you.
  • birdtobe
    birdtobe Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    That was so fun and interesting! Thanks for sharing! I'm ENFP...the "Campaigner." Seems right!
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    @Sunny_Bunny_
    I've been trying to message you all dang day and I keep getting an error!! Frustrating.
    I'm so sorry to hear you went through a bad experience. I too have had some ups and downs in a few groups over in FB land. So curiosity kills the cat! Send me a pm if you can!
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    birdtobe wrote: »
    That was so fun and interesting! Thanks for sharing! I'm ENFP...the "Campaigner." Seems right!

You're in "good" company. ;)
    @SuperCarLori
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    birdtobe wrote: »

You're in "good" company. ;)
    @SuperCarLori

"Good" is relative.
  • mickigoad
    mickigoad Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    https://www.16personalities.com/enfp-personality ENFP-T Campaigner. Huh. I'm not sure.