• LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Z_I_L_L_A wrote: »
    Knees shot so all I have left is bench.
    Age 51 6'3 155 lbs
    Flat bench - 410 lbs
    Incline bench - 360 lbs
    Flat bench reps 315X12, 225X35

You're 155lbs and benching 410?! Holy crap!!

I am guessing 255. I mean, look at the pic! LOL! That ain't 155lbs.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    Just as a PSA, for everyone doing "the big three" (and for those who are not quite sure what that is - Bench Press, Dead Lifts and Back Squats) please please please consider a hip mobility | hip flexibility routine as well as a shoulder flexibility routine.

It might not seem like a big deal now, but get one year into this and just let the weight on the bar start to climb a little bit.....you can thank me now! My 50yo VERY DAMAGED body (from high school and college sports) thanks me each time I do my routine.

Taylor Chamberlain has a really nice hip flexibility routine on her YouTube channel. Find one that works for you.....I like her's (but I will admit - I do kinda 'fanboy' on her videos....).

My secret is out! LOL!

Hope that everyone had an amazing and blessed Thanksgiving!
  • Viking_Batman
    Viking_Batman Posts: 114 Member
    Squat - 450lbs
    Deadlift - 500lbs
    Bench - 270lbs
    Shoulder Press - 200lbs

I love doing heavies, wouldn't be able to bench that much now, tore my rotator cuff in the most stupidest way.........opening a door......not my proudest moment.
  • Viking_Batman
    Skwat- 295 lbs
    Binch- 165 lbs
    Dead- 345 lbs
    Currently 185 lbs, maxes are recent and for this body weight. Been struggling to get them back up after losing about 30 lbs, and starting another cut now. Dreaming of the day when I will be satisfied with my body weight and can just focus on building haha.

your quads appreciate your maxes ;-)
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    Skwat- 295 lbs
    Binch- 165 lbs
    Dead- 345 lbs
    Currently 185 lbs, maxes are recent and for this body weight. Been struggling to get them back up after losing about 30 lbs, and starting another cut now. Dreaming of the day when I will be satisfied with my body weight and can just focus on building haha.

I am a pretty confident guy.....but dang! I so need to go get my powerlifting on. Amazing numbers.
  • richardpkennedy1
    richardpkennedy1 Posts: 1,890 Member
    edited November 2017
    Currently at the following. Numbers are 1RMs.

Squat 190 lbs
    Bench 145 lbs
    Deadlift 230 lbs

33 year old male. 5'7" @ 135 lbs. I'm a runner, not a powerlifter!
  • Viking_Batman
    Skwat- 295 lbs
    Binch- 165 lbs
    Dead- 345 lbs

I am a pretty confident guy.....but dang! I so need to go get my powerlifting on. Amazing numbers.

she is beasting it, her physique shows that, you'll smash it pal, I am no power lifter, I don't fall into a category haha.
  • Viking_Batman
    naculp wrote: »
    Haven't maxed out in forever, and I'm currently in week 7 of 5/3/1, but my last maxes were:
    Bench: 320
    Squat: 455
    Dead: 500
    Bodyweight: ~230lbs
    I'm very confident that my current numbers are above that. Just last week I was able to get 310x3 on bench, 435x5 squat, and 480x6 on deads

you are very similar to me, I am 240lbs going downwards, similar numbers, keep at it :D
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    Skwat- 295 lbs
    Binch- 165 lbs
    Dead- 345 lbs

she is beasting it, her physique shows that, you'll smash it pal, I am no power lifter, I don't fall into a category haha.

Thanks, man! I am normally not the type to be in a category, either! But, I decided a few weeks ago to throw my hat in the Power Lifting ring so gonna do that for a bit. I plan on competing a few times (I do not feel that one should do anything just once.....too many potential variables to really have a solid understanding of something if you do it just once) and will see what's up then. I mean, starting at 50 might seem like a silly thing, but ask me how much I care about what others say or think! LOL!

And, yes - she is absolutely killing it. Much respect!
  • Viking_Batman
    Skwat- 295 lbs
    Binch- 165 lbs
    Dead- 345 lbs

Thanks, man! I am normally not the type to be in a category, either! But, I decided a few weeks ago to throw my hat in the Power Lifting ring so gonna do that for a bit. I plan on competing a few times (I do not feel that one should do anything just once.....too many potential variables to really have a solid understanding of something if you do it just once) and will see what's up then. I mean, starting at 50 might seem like a silly thing, but ask me how much I care about what others say or think! LOL!

And, yes - she is absolutely killing it. Much respect!

50 isn't silly, its inspirational, a lot of fellas who are in their 20s lack the motivation to try something physically challenging, you will own it my friend, I am 30 and I intend to apply for a pro boxing licence next year, its only ever to late if ya decide not to do it at all, good luck!
  • billkansas
    billkansas Posts: 267 Member
    Sorry to bag on running... probably because I couldn't hack it and my feet broke down.... Never came close to your pace though.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Just as a PSA, for everyone doing "the big three" (and for those who are not quite sure what that is - Bench Press, Dead Lifts and Back Squats) please please please consider a hip mobility | hip flexibility routine as well as a shoulder flexibility routine.

It might not seem like a big deal now, but get one year into this and just let the weight on the bar start to climb a little bit.....you can thank me now! My 50yo VERY DAMAGED body (from high school and college sports) thanks me each time I do my routine.

Taylor Chamberlain has a really nice hip flexibility routine on her YouTube channel. Find one that works for you.....I like her's (but I will admit - I do kinda 'fanboy' on her videos....).

My secret is out! LOL!

Hope that everyone had an amazing and blessed Thanksgiving!

Halos with a Kettlebell or a plate are my preferred shoulder mobility drill
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Age 51 6'3 155 lbs
    Flat bench - 410 lbs
    Incline bench - 360 lbs

I meant 255 lbs, sorry
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Age 51 6'3 155 lbs
    Flat bench - 410 lbs
    Incline bench - 360 lbs

I meant 255 lbs, sorry..
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    edited November 2017
    Surgically repaired right shoulder 4 years ago, so yeah, you can come back after surgery.
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    I don't have 1RM but my best lifts for reps

5'7 /8ish
    167 lbs (bulk life)

Squat 170 lbs X 3
    Dead lift 225 lb x 5
    Bench 90 lbs x 3 (I just began benching 3 week ago)
    Overhead standing Military press 80 lbs x 5
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    Surgically repaired right shoulder 4 years ago, so yeah, you can come back after surgery.

Show off! Ha! Ha! Four plates on each side? DAYUM! Okay....okay.....working up to that. It might take a few weeks (he says, hoping that no one questions his bold faced lie!). My goal is three plates on each side. And maybe a little extra......but four plates? Squats and Dead Lifts....sure! Bench? No, sir!
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    sarahlifts wrote: »

5'7 /8ish
    167 lbs (bulk life)

Squat 170 lbs X 3
    Dead lift 225 lb x 5

Hawt dang, lady! Impressive! Very nice. Lots and lots of very hard work. Great progress....amazing numbers.
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member

5'7 /8ish
    167 lbs (bulk life)

Squat 170 lbs X 3
    Dead lift 225 lb x 5

Hawt dang, lady! Impressive! Very nice. Lots and lots of very hard work. Great progress....amazing numbers.

Thank you! finding out how strong I am has been a life changing experience! Goal, squat 225 one day I will eventually get there.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105

5'7 /8ish
    167 lbs (bulk life)

Squat 170 lbs X 3
    Dead lift 225 lb x 5

Thank you! finding out how strong I am has been a life changing experience! Goal, squat 225 one day I will eventually get there.

You will totally get there. You are getting close. For me, 180lbs on Squat was a milestone. And, at 200lbs, things start getting heavy (meaning: when you put the bar on your back and you walk out, I know that there is something on my back). You will totally get two big plates on each side for your squat. You already have it on the dead lift.

Are you following a program? Or, just doing?