Best 3 lifts?

Replies

• GW4321
    GW4321 Posts: 523 Member
    Leg and hip injuries prevent me from lifting heavy on squats and deadlifts, so I only max on bench press.

I hit 275lbs on bench last night. That’s up from 230lbs when I started lifting in December.
  • natruallycurious
    natruallycurious Posts: 359 Member
    Relatively new to lifting, but these are my numbers from when I tested the three lifts:

Squat: 190 lbs
    Bench: 120 lbs
    Deadlift: 235 lbs
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Relatively new to lifting, but these are my numbers from when I tested the three lifts:

Relatively new and sneaking up on me quick! LOL
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited March 2018
    Tested 1RM on my (43rd) birthday

Bench - 176.4 (up 16 lbs)
    Squat - 245 (up 19 lbs)
    DL - 375 (no change)
  • L_Master
    L_Master Posts: 354 Member
    For six months I'm happy where I'm at (except for skwaat, because I didn't skwaat, cause cycling)

225lbs Skwaat
    225lbs Bench, paused
    350lbs deadlift

BW: 73kg/160lbs

Hoping by 12 months I can get close to 315/250/405. Deadlift might be a stretch, squat if I decide to work on it is basically untrained.
  • Okiludy
    Okiludy Posts: 558 Member
    Tested 1RM on my (43rd) birthday

Bench - 176.4 (up 16 lbs)
    Squat - 245 (up 19 lbs)
    DL - 375 (no change)

Fricken awesome! 2 nice PRs for the 43rd is great.
  • Davidsdottir

I should update my numbers...

Squat: 220 lbs
    Bench: 127 lbs
    Deadlift: 233 lbs (need to work on this most!)
  • natruallycurious
    natruallycurious Posts: 359 Member

Haha I had a dance and acrobats background that I think helped me start out a little higher than being a true beginner. And those are awesome numbers! I want to break 200 on my squat so bad!
  • Davidsdottir

Haha I had a dance and acrobats background that I think helped me start out a little higher than being a true beginner. And those are awesome numbers! I want to break 200 on my squat so bad!

I'm sure you will soon
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 139 Member
    edited March 2018
    5'6" around 300lbs

Squat: 280 (this was done with poor form over a year ago, I am going through a current cutty fitness program and plan on doing a true 1rm end of April)
    Bench: 145 at four reps
    Dead: 330 for the ugliest pull of my life
  • karsei01
    karsei01 Posts: 442 Member
    Ok...never lifted before, but realized 8 months ago that I want a beachbody the summer when I'm forty. So far dropped 23 pounds , but still at 222. Started loosing in january), and still looking to drop another 40 before next juli, so will try to maintain my lifts the best I can.

Bench: 243
    Squat: 350
    Dead: 445

My bench is by far my weakest lift.
  • RC4655
    RC4655 Posts: 61 Member
    I'm thinking about doing a meet in a couple of weeks. I haven't competed since last October. I have not been training with anything real heavy and I have lost 30 pounds since then. I did a test week last week to gauge where I am. At 53 years old, and down 30 pounds in body weight, I did a 525 pound squat, 335 bench and deadlifted 525 in the gym without maxing out. I should be able to squat 545, bench 325 and deadlift 575 in a meet in a few weeks based on those numbers. We'll see. I'm not really in competition form yet but it's worth a shot.
  • Okiludy
    Okiludy Posts: 558 Member
    I'm thinking about doing a meet in a couple of weeks. I haven't competed since last October. I have not been training with anything real heavy and I have lost 30 pounds since then. I did a test week last week to gauge where I am. At 53 years old, and down 30 pounds in body weight, I did a 525 pound squat, 335 bench and deadlifted 525 in the gym without maxing out. I should be able to squat 545, bench 325 and deadlift 575 in a meet in a few weeks based on those numbers. We'll see. I'm not really in competition form yet but it's worth a shot.

Good luck! Really hope you smash your expectations.
  • RC4655
    Okiludy wrote: »

Good luck! Really hope you smash your expectations.

Thank you. I won't be hitting any personal bests but I think I can still win the masters division and place in the open class if I can make all of my lifts. It's a National meet though so you never know who is going to show up.
  • Kellikat80
    Kellikat80 Posts: 591 Member
    5'1 105 lbs

Not tested. My numbers are...ahem... quite a bit lower than the rest of you, but this is where I'm at.

Bench: 50 lbs
    Squat: 105 lbs
    Dead: 95 lbs
  • RC4655
    Kellikat80 wrote: »
    5'1 105 lbs

Not tested. My numbers are...ahem... quite a bit lower than the rest of you, but this is where I'm at.

Bench: 50 lbs
    Squat: 105 lbs
    Dead: 95 lbs

Your squatting and deadlifting your bodyweight and Benching half your bodyweight. That's a great start. At 105 pounds, your simply not going to be lifting monster weights, but, pound for pound, your doing well. Keep up the good work.
  • flowerhorsey
    flowerhorsey Posts: 154 Member
    Joined gym a year ago and lift alone other than gym buddies I've made. And love it!!
    Bench 95
    Squat 150
    Deadlift 195
  • RC4655
    Joined gym a year ago and lift alone other than gym buddies I've made. And love it!!
    Bench 95
    Squat 150
    Deadlift 195

Good numbers. I have lifted alone most of my life. Training partners are nice but they come and go. At the end of the day, it's you, the iron, and your addiction to lifting. Nice work.
  • flowerhorsey
    flowerhorsey Posts: 154 Member
    RC4655 wrote: »
    Bench 95
    Squat 150
    Deadlift 195

Good numbers. I have lifted alone most of my life. Training partners are nice but they come and go. At the end of the day, it's you, the iron, and your addiction to lifting. Nice work.

Thank you :)