Anyone else feel guily eating something fried?

2»

Replies

• canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Idk why i feel guilty but i do.
    Because ive worked so hard and my weight loss. Just scared of falling back onto my old ways.

that's my experience of guilt, 90% of the time. with most of it, when i take it apart a little i realise that it's actually fear. no 'good' or 'bad' to it either way, just an expectation conditioned by unconscious experience.

'i did something and now i'll be punished for it.'

point people are making is that you probably won't be. and it's very very useful to separate fear from 'good' and 'bad' value judgements, if you ask me. understand you're afraid but don't let it become about you and whether you're right or wrong.

• lks802
    lks802 Posts: 65 Member
    Nope. I used to. I used to feel guilty if I ate anything that tasted really good and it was healthy.

It took me a long time to break the mentality that "fat is bad". Clean eating has changed my view. Now I don't care if I eat something fried.
  • dbkyser
    dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
    I eat lots of Stir Fry and Hibachi Chicken, don't feel bad.. Yum Yum sauce on the other hand, maybe a little. :)
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Not guilty, and I'd only 'feel' a certain way if I blew through my calories in a stupid way that meant I'd be hungry later with no allowance left.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    I don't feel even a tiny bit guilty about my own stir fries in olive or avocado oils, but I do feel a bit guilty about deep fried food I get when I'm out. I have no idea what I'm getting. Is there saturated fats? Trans fats? It's not like I can tell from taste.
  • KusiQuyllur2015
    KusiQuyllur2015 Posts: 35 Member
    I do. Especially eating pasta. Maybe I should just enjoy it, if I'm under calories... :)