Breakfast ideas!

Options
2»

Replies

• nomorepuke
    nomorepuke Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I'm not very hungry in the early morning. So I make something that's nutritional and easy to have for breakfast. I make a smoothie for the whole week.
    My green smoothie includes :Greek Yogurt, spinach, cucumber, tomato, kiwi and avocado.
  • TishaGettinFit
    TishaGettinFit Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »
    There is no reason breakfast has to be "breakfast foods." Eat whatever you want, or don't eat at all if you aren't hungry. Many in the paleo world eat dinner leftovers for breakfast. Who says you can't have leftover pork chop and veggies re-heated in the microwave for breakfast?

Personally, since becoming fat adapted, I only eat breakfast about 3-4 times a month since I am generally just not hungry. I just have some coffee and eat lunch as the first meal of the day around 11:30 or 12.

I agree with this here. I have at times eaten leftover chicken thighs for breakfast...lol. But now I hardly ever eat before 1pm. I know for some breaking the thought process of what "breakfast foods"are can be hard. If you told me a few years ago to go heat up the chicken thighs in the fridge for breakfast I would have thought you were nuts. Now since being LCHF for awhile I just look at food as fuel no matter what time of day.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »
    There is no reason breakfast has to be "breakfast foods." Eat whatever you want, or don't eat at all if you aren't hungry. Many in the paleo world eat dinner leftovers for breakfast. Who says you can't have leftover pork chop and veggies re-heated in the microwave for breakfast?

Personally, since becoming fat adapted, I only eat breakfast about 3-4 times a month since I am generally just not hungry. I just have some coffee and eat lunch as the first meal of the day around 11:30 or 12.

I agree with this here. I have at times eaten leftover chicken thighs for breakfast...lol. But now I hardly ever eat before 1pm. I know for some breaking the thought process of what "breakfast foods"are can be hard. If you told me a few years ago to go heat up the chicken thighs in the fridge for breakfast I would have thought you were nuts. Now since being LCHF for awhile I just look at food as fuel no matter what time of day.

Step one is looking logically at the fact very few people see an issue eating "breakfast foods" for lunch or dinner - Denny's, IHOP, etc. - so why can't you eat whatever you want at breakfast?
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    400ml of my favourite pod coffee. 15g Butter. 30ml Cream. Blended with a stick blender and poured into a travel mug. This all done by my lovely hubby while I'm taking my morning shower. I drink it on the way to work and I'm not hungry til lunch time.