Can't get weight out of 190's...help!

2»

Replies

• fragileelegance
    fragileelegance Posts: 102 Member
    If you're stuck then your logging needs to be tightened up, are you using a scale? USDA entries from the database?

I'll log consistently but once weigh-in comes and after a few weeks I haven't lost anything, I get discouraged. I don't fall off with my eating, I just get discouraged to log another week if I'm not going to lose the weight. I usually scan the barcode for everything, and no I don't have a scale. Did you see more success after getting a food scale?

the barcode info can be off for foods, if you arent weighing foods then once you do you will be surprised how much a portion/serving really is.also some MFP entries are off too. food packaging info can be off by up to 20%. If you weigh everything you will be more accurate in your calorie count. I was using cups to measure food and started gaining some of my weight back,once I came here I bought a food scale and started weighing everything. real eye opener.weight loss also is not linear so some weeks you may lose,some you may not and others you may gain(water weight from high sodium intake,that TOM,waste and so on.when you scan a barcode on something make sure the info matches the label(carbs,sugar,calories,etc). but weight everything, unless you are eating out and cant, then most things become an estimate(even when eating out something can be more calories than it states,thats where you use the website for that food chains food(if they have one) and enter the amount of calories on their nutrition facts area-it may be spot on or it may not).

Thank you for the insight, I really do appreciate it. I'll try the food scale and hope for the best!
  • fragileelegance
    Try the food scale. Log consistently. It's not necessary to work out two times a day. Don't stop logging if you don't see immediate changes, stick with it.

Do you eat back exercise calories?

No, I rarely eat back the exercise calories. Looks like I'll be trying the food scale, thank you!!
  • fragileelegance
    amymcd wrote: »
    I too have this issue, getting into a next lower 10. I reach a new low and then bump back up again. Pretty sure it is in my head...Right now I'm up to 165, and I was down to 157 this summer. I jumped from 157 to 159, then stayed at 161 for awhile until the holidays.

I can definitely relate, it's like a cycle
  • dra11op1
    dra11op1 Posts: 5 Member
    have you tried carb and calorie cycling to keep your metabolism revving? Maybe also increasing protein intake
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    dra11op1 wrote: »
    have you tried carb and calorie cycling to keep your metabolism revving? Maybe also increasing protein intake

carb and calorie cycling doesnt keep your metabolism revving and increasing protein would mean more calories. all carb cycling and calorie cycling does is help some people stay in a deficit.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    dra11op1 wrote: »

*facepalm* Your metabolism doesn't need "revving". It's not a car!