Ice cravings?

13»

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,928 Member
    You could check with your dentist if it's really a problem. Chances are the craving will go away after the baby comes, if not before. So maybe if it's short term it's not a problem.

I am having the same thing about my drinks needing to be much colder than I cared about before.

I know you mentioned anemia isn't a problem. So I feel silly for mentioning this... but a deficiency in vitamin B12 can also cause a type of anemia (it's not just iron any more ladies!). Did your prenatal panel include that one? It probably did.
  • Master_Butcher
    Master_Butcher Posts: 50 Member
    elphie754 wrote: »
    @Master_Butcher well you could always get, pregnant figure it; for yourself .......... once science, makes that; a possibility lol!

Okay now I'm confused.

He most likely, doesn't understand because he's a guy & thus is unable to, experience woman/pregnancy issues; as you're! However he reminded me of the movie "Junior", in which Arnold Schwarzenegger; becomes pregnant instead lol!

Looking back, that film was probably the most *kitten* up film I've witnessed. A muscle man Mum? What ever will they think of next.

You've to, ask? lol!

I tried to ignore this but I can't.

"You've to.." Seriously? Sounds terrible when read. It takes away from the oomph in the statement. I know it's correct grammar but it's off to me.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    You could check with your dentist if it's really a problem. Chances are the craving will go away after the baby comes, if not before. So maybe if it's short term it's not a problem.

I am having the same thing about my drinks needing to be much colder than I cared about before.

I know you mentioned anemia isn't a problem. So I feel silly for mentioning this... but a deficiency in vitamin B12 can also cause a type of anemia (it's not just iron any more ladies!). Did your prenatal panel include that one? It probably did.

Yes it did. :-)

• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    elphie754 wrote: »
    @Master_Butcher well you could always get, pregnant figure it; for yourself .......... once science, makes that; a possibility lol!

Okay now I'm confused.

He most likely, doesn't understand because he's a guy & thus is unable to, experience woman/pregnancy issues; as you're! However he reminded me of the movie "Junior", in which Arnold Schwarzenegger; becomes pregnant instead lol!

Looking back, that film was probably the most *kitten* up film I've witnessed. A muscle man Mum? What ever will they think of next.

You've to, ask? lol!

I tried to ignore this but I can't.

"You've to.." Seriously? Sounds terrible when read. It takes away from the oomph in the statement. I know it's correct grammar but it's off to me.

Well then, I am a terrible; person lol!
  • DeficitDuchess
    I've never, been pregnant OP but I prefer, my beverages cold, iced coffee, iced tea, slushy, milkshake, etc. I've actually been, drinking iced coffee by; a mixing bowl full lol! Here's proof that, no 1 loves coffee more; than I do:

gxgyhl2y022z.jpg
  • DeficitDuchess
    What I do know concerning 1 of my Brother's & I's that what our Mother had a craving for, while pregnant with us we prefer to; consume ourselves! My Mother ate, jars of; mushrooms & loaves of, bread when she was; pregnant with me & 1 of, my favorite food's breaded mushrooms! As for my Brother, our Mother ate; hoagies & my Brother's unable to, even eat a cheese steak unless; it's a cheese steak hoagie lol!
  • elphie754
    I've never, been pregnant OP but I prefer, my beverages cold, iced coffee, iced tea, slushy, milkshake, etc. I've actually been, drinking iced coffee by; a mixing bowl full lol! Here's proof that, no 1 loves coffee more; than I do:

gxgyhl2y022z.jpg

Hahaha I've been making homemade "Starbucks" drinks, mostly frappichinos. They now sell their syrups online which is amazing. I've been making bowls full (I'm sure the sugar rush is not the best but they taste so good and get the baby to move).
    What I do know concerning 1 of my Brother's & I's that what our Mother had a craving for, while pregnant with us we prefer to; consume ourselves! My Mother ate, jars of; mushrooms & loaves of, bread when she was; pregnant with me & 1 of, my favorite food's breaded mushrooms! As for my Brother, our Mother ate; hoagies & my Brother's unable to, even eat a cheese steak unless; it's a cheese steak hoagie lol!

Well if that's the case, I better buy stock in zucchini and cara cara oranges.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Your teeth should be fine with chewing ice, unless you already have some inherent weakness. Ice is hard, but it's not as hard as your teeth!

it's the temperature that's more of an issue. cracks can happen, so as far as possible best not to chew the stuff.

• elphie754
    Your teeth should be fine with chewing ice, unless you already have some inherent weakness. Ice is hard, but it's not as hard as your teeth!

it's the temperature that's more of an issue. cracks can happen, so as far as possible best not to chew the stuff.

If the temperature wa such an issue, most people would have cracked teeth from eating cold things.