gotu52 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, today is endurance training:
    Treadmill x 60 min = 414k
    Leslie Sansone video x 46 min = 227k
    Billy Blanks Tae Bo x 60 min = 400
    Weights x 15 min = 70
    Total burn 1111k

[Hugs to all. <3 Sarah, Ontario

OK, Sarah - I think we are going to have to start calling YOU, Pip, Junior, too! Rock on!

(Love you, Pip!)

Re
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,500 Member
    IremiaRe wrote: »
    gotu52 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, today is endurance training:
    Treadmill x 60 min = 414k
    Leslie Sansone video x 46 min = 227k
    Billy Blanks Tae Bo x 60 min = 400
    Weights x 15 min = 70
    Total burn 1111k

[Hugs to all. <3 Sarah, Ontario

OK, Sarah - I think we are going to have to start calling YOU, Pip, Junior, too! Rock on!

(Love you, Pip!)

Re

Lmao!!!!
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    /
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    I would be most honored to be named after Ms. Killer workout herself lol!!

<3 Sarah aka PIP jr
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited February 2017
    DamitJanit wrote: »
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening My Dear Friends,

I'm with Gloria in that I'm behind but just wanted to check in. Won't respond to anyone tonight as I'm ready for bed. Had dinner with my friend and ordered a salad with chicken on it. I did splurge (since I had saved up calories) and had a touch of Ranch dressing. It was yummy. I just dipped my fork in it a few times. Water with lemon to drink. The Legends Show was good. They had Tina Turner, Alan Jackson, The Blues Brothers, Michael Jackson and Elvis. All of them were good and the Michael Jackson could really dance. Time to rinse my sinuses and go to bed. (Neti Pot time that is.)

Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC

DJ are you on a low fat diet? I used to use this trick and it was amazing how little dressing was needed for my salad. Now that I am eating HFLC I don't have to be quite so careful - I just avoid the croutons and crackers and higher carb salad ingredients.

Heather Isn't it weird how we get ideas about our attractiveness or lack thereof? Or why we can't just look in the mirror and see our own unique loveliness? You are a very attractive woman. Period.

Karen in Virginia
  • pipcd34
    stats for the day:

light day:
    rowing machine - 20min, 131mhr, 57aw, 3299meters/2.05miles = 128c
    Apple Watch- 152c
    s matrix machine- 20, min, 157mhr, 136ahr, 5resistance, 5incline = 200c
    apple watch- 207c
    stairclimber- 10min, 148mhr, 130ahr, 39floors, 75stepspe rmin, lvl7, lvl7speed = 111c
    Apple Watch- 116c

total cal 439c
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,268 Member
    I guess I need a restart. I got that really long bad cold and work was busy too after posting here for the 1st time. Have been reading the posts for a few pages back to get to know all of you more.

When I first started to go grey I said hey if I am going to color my hair it can be red. No, I do not look right with red hair so then I just decided to be myself. I knew from my mother and grandmother that I would probably have nice grey hair genes. The thing that happened is my straight fine hair turned more curly. I have loose curls now. Sort of fun. My Dad had curly hair. I have been grey for a long time. My hair is my best feature.

I finally went to Aquafit this morning after recovering from being ill. I go 3 times a week. I need to add more exercise in on the other days. My field was hit bad by the economic downturn and I took the opportunity to get more fit. I lost 40 pounds and exercised for an hour a day. Then I went back to work and it has come back. I am working on keeping off the 10 pounds I lost early last year.

Ginger: it was great hearing about your Mom's 90th birthday too. I missed the 1st one of my Mom's because I was ill. I brought the flowers for all the tables and left. But I made the family one last weekend. My son and his wife were there from Houston. I was really proud of him. He won his first court case. He is a lawyer but doesn't do trial work. This was Pro Bono helping a little girl from Honduras stay with her Mom.

Re: I need new swim wear thanks for the suggestion.

Wow 6 post since I started writing this!

Hope all have a great weekend!

Keri in Seattle
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,041 Member
    :heart:
  • hereslibby
    hereslibby Posts: 93 Member
    afternoon/morning ladies~
    Tom on a roll today.. just nasty and ornery.. told me he will pay the mortgage and car payments and I will pay everything else. and has been just a nasty so and so, he if off getting his glasses fixed and then will be back.. gonna try and get him to sit down and show me exactly what bills I have to pay and when...
    grrrrr

Since I am new here, I don't know all the back story to this, however, I do know what it's like to go through a troubled relationship.
    I wish you the strength to endure what ever decision you make going forward. It is never easy. Be true to yourself & pay attention to that "little voice" in your head. Sometimes it is hard to hear it over our heart & want we think we want.
    You seem to have a lot of caring people here to support you in what ever journey you take.

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Hi all!

So Week 2 of the Naturally Slim program was basically a review of Week 1 as there was a lot of information given last week. The program is based on studies of naturally true thin people and their eating habits. My participation is being sponsored by the hubs insurance coverage for employees and spouses.

-Eat slowly and savor every bite
    -Put your fork down between every bite
    -Eat one food at a time before moving on (this is in an effort to get you to taste your food and really enjoy it and to lead to healthier portions thusly changing the set-point of your comfortably full level)
    -It's not WHAT you eat but HOW and WHEN you eat
    -Eat using the 10-5-10 rule. Eat for 10 minutes, rest for 5 then eat for 10 or more minutes
    -Choose a stop eating cue: when comfortably full push plate away, have a mint, brush teeth etc...to cue yourself that the meal is over
    -There was a segment on the National Weight-loss Registry
    -Also an introduction to becoming more physically active

So far so good. I've come to this program already versed in a lot of this stuff however the thing my husband and I have done the most is SLOW down our eating and savor each bite. We use the timer for the 10-5-10 rule and it really has helped with portion size and slowing down our eating and recognizing when we are COMFORTABLY full. This has been the hardest for the hubs as he was a food shoveler! I am not afraid of feeling hungry or only eating at designated times. I've even had a day or two with only 2 Meals! Still logging all my food but not paying attention necessarily to calories. My weight-loss has been much slower than most participants in this program but I feel I am gaining some wonderful life long eating habits and tools to go with my slower weight loss. Week 3 is going to be about Beliefs We Hold About Food and Eating, Eating In and Eating Out, My Vital Needs and Physical Activity. Lots of good stuff!

The hubs and I have moved from the weight machines at the gym to the cable machines. We also have started with HIIT for our cardio. I find myself so much more motivated when at the gym with him. We go Sat, Sun and then Tues and Thurs (before he goes to work). I also get my walking in and do some other random cardio/free weight/body weight things at home. I've had a steady weight loss since moving to TX in August. I think this place agrees with me.

On the topic of gray hair. I started getting greys around my late 30's (58 yo now). Started coloring 15+ years ago always sticking with a color close to my natural color as I hate dealing with roots! Honestly I look and feel younger when my hair is colored. When I color my hair I save a bit and apply to the hubs. He likes my hair colored so I said you're going to do it too then! At some point I will stop as I hate the process. Was using a L'Oreal product for years then tried Revlon ColorSilk in 30 Dark Brown and less than half the price and love it!

Beautiful day today. Hubs is finishing up the lawn. Will take the dog for a walk and get the rest of my steps. Working on several crafty projects. Having steak off the grill with sweet potato for dinner.

Enjoy your weekends,
    Cheri
    in sunny East Central TX
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Allie – I don’t know what you make; but, do you really think you can pay all the bills, other than the mortgage(s) and car payments? Or, is this Tom’s way of getting ‘even’ with you? If he has been paying all the bills and your paycheck has been going to his bank is this a fair split according to the % each of you'd be paying according to the % y'all make? If you know what he makes is he going to have $$$ left over after paying the mortgage(s) and car payments? Sounds like he is trying to get you back ‘on his track’ so that giving you $20 a week will look good. Are you going to have any money left over out of your check to do what you want to do and for yourself? If you can’t pay all the bills and he has money left over … where will that leave you? I’d be putting up as much $$$ as I could. I don’t think Tom is ever going to change his ‘spots’. He doesn’t want to change; but, he wants you 'back' under his thumb. Wishing y’all the best of luck in working all this out between yourselves. Which bills are in your name only; which ones are in his only?

Just jumped off treadmill after doing 20 minutes. I get more CO doing 20 minutes on it; than walking the dog doing 40. Go figure!

Whoopie, watching a ‘shoot ‘em up drug cartel’ movie.

Lenora
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    :)
  • pipcd34
    /
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Boy, did I work hard today!!! We spent 5 hours getting the old pecans out of the yard. We have two acres and we only got 10 trees racked and picked up. About 16 to go. Don't know when we will get back to that. It was nice and cool so good weather to work hard. Sitting with a heating pad on my back.
    Allie- thinking of you and hope you will take care of you.
    That is all for now
    SueBDew inTX
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    hidee ho,
    In bed with jammies on..watching tv....
    Lenora~ most everything is in both our names, I have one small loan that is in my name that is around 1,000.00
    I also told him if he messes with it,might mess up our credit... will try and talk to him tomorrow about how things will work out. tonight I am not in the mood to argue..
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    edited February 2017
    vnejt7y0yvka.jpg
    Accountability Post
    Progress update of my Feb goals.
    Yesterday's Progress
    ✔1. Track food/water daily and submit the completed entries in MFP.
    ✔2. No eating after 9pm.
    ✔3. Fiber 30g daily
    4. Walk 30 active Fitbit min daily.
    5. Declutter ✔️clothes, ✔books, papers, office supplies.
    6. In bed by midnight

I didn't get to bed by midnight. Instead... I took another long soaking bath with Epsom Salt and lavender. Slept very well. Feeling well rested today.

Today I'm cleaning. Looking for my kitchen table. It's the place I spend lots of time with my DM90. We craft. We read the paper. We plot evil plans for taking over the world.

I'm dressed and I'll spend time with the elliptical. I'm looking forward to that too!

Onward...
    --> Ginger in Texas