WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2017

Replies

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,748 Member
    afternoon/morning ladies~
    Tom on a roll today.. just nasty and ornery.. told me he will pay the mortgage and car payments and I will pay everything else. and has been just a nasty so and so, he if off getting his glasses fixed and then will be back.. gonna try and get him to sit down and show me exactly what bills I have to pay and when...
    grrrrr

When you find out what he's asking you to pay, please make certain it is a fair percentage of your wages...
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited February 2017
    Oh so today has been wonderful! Rec'd some cereal Cheerios Protein, so had that this morning. For lunch, I had a great fresh spinach salad, with walnuts, parmesan cheese, cold noodles with fat free ranch dressing. That, with some mandarin oranges, and it was really satisfying! I spent a couple of hours out on my balcony, listening to great music. Listened to opera, light jazz, 80's rock, acoustic guitar, and some French artists! ZAZ, is the groups name. So cute!

Tonight I am cooking some turkey breast cutlets, mashed potatoes, dressing, gravy and green beans. I have portioned it all, and even though I'm not going to eat any dressing, I can have the potatoes.

Enjoy your weekend y'all!!
    Becca
    Eating healthy because it feels so good!
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    SueBDew in TX – Around here, there are a lot of pecan trees; many neighborhoods have been built in them. I love pecans, but hate the dark sap spots that is associated with them. I never knew a pecan tree (or any tree that mature) could actually be ‘moved’ and not die. What they did is trim up the limbs back to the trunk of it and dig it up with this thing that looks like 4 shovels and it fits around it and digs it up, moves it and they did a big hole to set it down in (like a huge auger). They did this and 3 years later they look like they’ve been there for years and some look like it won’t be long until they will produce nuts. I’d say from the looks of these trees, they were 15 or 20 years old. Down here, it is against the law to pick up pecans that have fallen over the fence and is ‘on the right-of-way’. The nuts still belong to the farmer. Huge fine if you get caught.

Ginger in Texas – Our kitchen counter peninsular is a ‘catch all’ for EVERYTHING! One day (soon) I am going to ‘have a fit’ and totally wipe it off and if it isn’t important … it’s going in the trashcan. DH piles all his ‘stuff’ on Mimi’s Hoosier kitchen cabinet that I would ‘like’ for him NOT to so it can be shown off. GGGRRrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

I think I will start at one end of the house and work my way out the back door. THEN, during the spring I will get on my studio and rearrange it.

My DOGD and her boyfriend are 'finally' able to move out of the house they shared with another couple. The guy had been a friend of her boyfriend's. The girl made life 'miserable' from day 1. They were able to 'get out of the lease' if they could find someone to get it. Not sublet because they are now 'off the lease' and the other couple is now 'on the lease'. Both are friends of the couple. They sat down and talked to DOGD and her boyfriend and the 'girl' was apologizing for the roommate; and, they guy, who is also friends with the boyfriend says that he has only gotten the way he is, since he started dating her. She is a 'silver spoon spoiled brat' who does not understand the meaning of "NO"! Five more days; and, then they will be 'out of there'.

Lenora
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening My Dear Friends,

Katla, glad you got your “leash” time with Arrow. Lol Sounds like you are getting better and better.

Carey, I do like the Japanese style of decluttering also. I have been known in the past to buy some clothes, not so much because I liked them but because they were such a bargain. Often those items don’t bring me joy and I end up not wearing them. I now use the “test of joy” in my purchases as well as in what to keep and what to get rid of.

Jolenec, all we can do is keep on keepin’ on. Sometimes it does get frustrating when the weight doesn’t go down or even goes up, but we know what will happen if we revert back to our old ways of doing things. Hang in there and remember all these ladies are pulling for you.

Mavis, the nice thing about this is we can always start eating right again on any given day. Glad the stress will be over for a while. Good luck.

Kelly, I’m glad you stop to breathe every once in a while. Keep that up. Your daughter is absolutely beautiful. Is this her first? I know you are excited for her.

KarenVA, your hair looks blond to me. Great picture of you both!! What color was it when you were young? Still praying for Olivia. Sad that her mom has been banned for a few days.

Katla, as you know, I have silver/gray hair. (Nothing blond about it) Since I was a brunette in younger (much younger) years I have dark eyebrows. I also have gray showing up in them and they really show up. If it gets worse I’m not sure what to do about it. I hate to have to pay to have them dyed but guess I’ll consider it. *always something* shaking-head-sad-smiley-emoticon.gif

Charleen, great closet! Did you design the plan or was it one you found somewhere?

CarolGA, your hair looks great that color. That is what my mother did and it looked good on her but I don’t think I’d look good as a blond. *You do have me thinking, though.* I know the gray/white hair makes me look older but heck I’m going to be 70 this year so who am I kidding?

KarenNY, safe travels home. Looking forward to pictures.

Becky, congrats on the loss and keep up the great work. It is so easy for a job to consume us and just to pay attention to that can be a big help.

Lanette, that’s a good idea about using retired employees when there is a temporary job that needs to be done.

Sue, I love your grandson’s description of cabbage…..”hot lettuce”. Lol

Sarah, I had to laugh at your plan to just avoid the HR people. Not sure that would work if you were on the list for a lay off but it creates a great mental image of you hiding. Lol

Re, congrats on approaching Onederland. We are all rooting for you! watching-sports-smiley-emoticon.gif

Heather, I am NOT an old lady either. Unlike you, I just happen to look like one. LOLold-lady-driving-smiley-emoticon.gif

Joyce, I love the picture of you and your siblings, grainy and all.

Libby, if your DH didn’t’ notice your loss, I wouldn’t be too concerned. When we are with someone every day it’s not as easy to notice. When I started losing I had to lose 45 pounds before anyone noticed. But it was funny because when the first person noticed it seemed like everyone I knew mentioned it all of a sudden. You are doing a great job so just keep it up.

Leigh, you are so right that one of the great things about this lifestyle is that we can really blow the calories on occasion and not totally derail what we are doing. Glad you enjoyed. drinking-wine-smiley-emoticon.gif

Heather, I don’t know if you were a plain child but you definitely grew up nicely! You are for sure a “sexy senior”.

Mary, if the Keto diet is not good for people with kidney issues I’d be concerned about it not being that good for any of us…especially long term.

Karen, I avoid the salad dressings just because of the calories. I normally eat the low calorie vinaigrette but had the ranch as a treat.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Today I returned the blue wedge heel shoes that I bought to go with my new dress. Also the friend that I went out with last night said she has some white shoes that I can borrow for my function. If they fit I can return the white ones that I bought which I’m sure I’ll never wear again.

Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,521 Member
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Allie big hugs
  • pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    Hugs to all

Paula Y
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Hugs for Everybody!

<3

Re in TX
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    :)<3Allie, hugs to you. I hope you can have an adult conversation with Tom about expenses.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,521 Member
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Annr wrote: »
    Oh so today has been wonderful! Rec'd some cereal Cheerios Protein, so had that this morning. For lunch, I had a great fresh spinach salad, with walnuts, parmesan cheese, cold noodles with fat free ranch dressing. That, with some mandarin oranges, and it was really satisfying! I spent a couple of hours out on my balcony, listening to great music. Listened to opera, light jazz, 80's rock, acoustic guitar, and some French artists! ZAZ, is the groups name. So cute!

Tonight I am cooking some turkey breast cutlets, mashed potatoes, dressing, gravy and green beans. I have portioned it all, and even though I'm not going to eat any dressing, I can have the potatoes.

Enjoy your weekend y'all!!
    Becca
    Eating healthy because it feels so good!

Becca what is cereal Cheerios Protein?

Janetr OKC
  • mavisjones58
    mavisjones58 Posts: 19 Member
    I was at church most of the day. Eating was not great. Breakfast was okay, had 2 cookies and a granola bar at church + about half of a diet coke. After I got back home I collapsed and slept away most of the afternoon and evening. Never did eat anything for dinner and now I think I've got some kind of stomach bug as I've been living in the bathroom the past 2 hours.

Since I'm a night owl, planning to stay up late and plan out the menus for the upcoming week, so as to go grocery shopping tomorrow.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Pip: (((HUGS))) I hope you're feeling better soon. :heart:

Barbie: I'm happy that xray didn't show a problem with Sasha's bones but sorry that she is still not up to par and you don't have a clear course of action. :heart:

Lenora: Congrats on your skinny jeans. I'm glad they make you happy. :smiley:

Becca: You always seem to make me smile. :bigsmile:

Mavis: I hope you feel better soon. (((HUGS)))

My riding lesson this weekend was cancelled. A horse at the barn was not healthy & had to be put down. It is a sad and upsetting occasion for those who knew the horse, especially the owner of the stable and the owner of the horse. Our animal children have special places in our hearts, and horses live long lives so the loss of one can be especially difficult. I didn't know the horse or its owner, but I understand why they didn't want the usual weekend activities.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." - William James
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,194 Member
    Hi all!
    Quiet day today! I think I'm in kindergarten! :D
    More German films this pm. :D
    Reading my Dirty German book that DH got me for Valentine's Day. :D It's very dirty!
    Duck legs for dinner. <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    edited February 2017
    I had a really good day today. I slept good last night and had more energy than I've had all week.
    Bingo Cleaning Game I belong to a FB group where we keep each other company doing daily chores. Sometimes we play a timed "Bingo" game. Today we played an 8x15 game. We make our own list of 8 tasks to do. The game caller - calls the number - and we have 15 minutes to complete our task. We post the task. Scurry off to complete it and come back in 15 minutes for the next call. These games nearly always get me moving. I made beds, cleaned the kitchen, tidied bathrooms, did a load of laundry... and cleaned off my kitchen table. Motivating.
    BowFlex - So I also decided to get on our new BowFlex Max Trainer. OMG! 1.5 minutes is all I could manage. My legs felt like jelly. My heart rate went up quickly. It's an elliptical - and my knees felt fine. I'm definitely going to work on this machine every day to build my stamina. I've always believed exercise helps motivate me to eat healthier. For me - they go hand-in-hand. So we'll see how this goes.

It's 2:30am - so obviously I'm not in bed by midnight. Taking advantage of some quiet "me" time.
    -- Ginger in Texas
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Kate UK <3
  • pitegny
    pitegny Posts: 1,006 Member
    Re gray, I am one of the odd ones out here. Still coloring my hair. I got my first white hairs at 16. By 30, I had lovely white highlights throughout dark brown hair, or I did until my sister-in-law suggested I try henna. I trusted her when she said that she even knew the right blend of henna as her own sister-in-law had the same color hair as mine. Wrong. It turned me into a bright orange carrot top - the night before I was flying home from the USA to France. I wanted to pull a cap over my entire head. I flew the whole way home thinkly fondly of Anne of Green Gables. Once I landed, I headed straight to the nearest hair salon and that was the start of my dyeing days. I am gradually taking it lighter (the almost black in the photo was the result of a newbie hairdresser in Oregon) and will no doubt go gray eventually. Judging by the roots, I am pure white underneath.

Ginger: the bingo cleaning game is intriguing, especially with the list of 15 minute tasks!
    Mavis: hope the stomach bug passes quickly.

Leigh in France
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    No gym today date day with DH (wine I do love it and I count it but get munchies afterwards)

80 squats
    30 KB Swings
    15 min HasFit vid with handweights
    Every little helps

I have assessment for cataract surgery tomorrow

Enjoy your Sunday

Kate UK <3