WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2017

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    I on the other hand will watch every award show ever, except for the cma awards lololol
  • pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    NYKaren - Love your pictures from Morocco. Thanks for sharing.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,878 Member
    1056287i3zmwzup2m.gifStats for today:
    14,000 steps
    193 minutes walking Sasha and Bess
    130 minutes riding the exercise bike

:) Now I'm watching the Oscars. I don't go to the movies and I don't know half of the actors so I don't get half of the jokes, but it's fun anyway. The song that opened the show is our current favorite line dance song. I got up and danced.

<3 Barbie from beautiful drizzly NW Washington
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    <3
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening My Dear Friends,

Allie, so sorry to hear that Tom is back to his old ways but then I guess that is what will probably always be the case. Please always remember your worth and the love you have from this group of friends. My question is, Why does he get to decide who will pay what? You could choose what you want to pay and tell him the rest is on him but I know you don’t want to start a war. (((Hugs)))

Cheri, thanks for sharing some of what you are getting from your program. Much of it we know but I for one can always use a reminder. Like, feel free to hit me over the head with some of it. It is so wonderful that your hubby is doing it with you. Even the hair color part. Lol

Ginger, I love your Bingo Cleaning Game. What a clever way to get moving and get things done.

NYKaren, thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures. You know many of us live vicariously through our friends, so feel free to post more pictures and stories about the trip. Glad you are home safely.

Katla, the medicine didn’t have anything to do with your bone density test did it? I hope you pass your test. Lol

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Was watching the Academy Awards and falling asleep so off to bed and will see the rest tomorrow.

Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you.
    I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited February 2017
    Rori: I'm glad you liked the recipe for diable. :bigsmile: We got it from Sunset Magazine in the early to mid 1970s. It can be used on lots of things but we've always used it on salmon, and I believe the magazine featured it with salmon. :wink:

DJ: I take medicine to improve my bone density because I broke my left wrist in one fall on ice, and then my right wrist in another fall on ice a few years later. Bone scans showed I needed to take medicine. I also do regular weight bearing exercises including yoga, walking, cycling and horseback riding. I'm not sure when I'm supposed to get my next bone density scan, but it will likely be within this year. I've switched doctors since my last one and need to ask about it. :smiley:

The last movie we saw was the most recent Star Wars. We don't plan to watch the Oscars. At this point DH can't see well enough to bother, and I'm really not that interested. One more eye surgery and new glasses should make a huge difference in his life and the motivation to watch movies.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Rori - Looking forward to our "hot date" tomorrow evening. :) Have a safe trip.

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    Allie, Sending love and want you to know that we here to encourage you and cheer you on no matter what YOU decide. It is, after all, your decision. Hope you are not feeling as if you are being attacked from every direction. Big (((hugs))). <3

Janetr OKC

• janetr7476
    Pipster - You are absolutely my hero and I'm glad you are more yourself this evening :):)

Janetr OKC

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    1:00AM; Louis is so asleep, he gets to sleep in his chair until he decides he wants to 'get up to go to bed'. Cracker still asleep; but, got to let her out for a few minutes before she goes back to sleep in her crate.

Night all! Maybe I should have said, "Morning all!"

Lenora
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    1533345xcnw09g7xt.gif
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Well, Girls,

I got caught up with you while I was doing my PT stretches... now I am tucked into bed and ready to sleep the sleep of the pure at heart.

Love you!

Re in TX
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Morning all
    Off now to Eye Assessment not sure I'll be able to check in later after they put those drops in your eyes

Have a happy Monday, only 1 more day of February to go where is the time going?

BTW not sure who asked but here in UK jumper is a what you call a sweater

Kate UK
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    GLO love the bears

Kate UK
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,124 Member
    Loving the pic of Olivia and her dark eyes. <3<3<3

I am giving myself an officially sick day today. I have cancelled my hygienist appointment and I'm not doing my exercises. >:) Didn't sleep hardly at all, last night. Sneezing fits, running nose etc etc. :sad:
    I think a duvet day is in order. :D Luckily I have just downloaded a new book onto my Kindle - AT THE EXISTENTIALIST CAFÉ - FREEDOM, BEING AND APRICOT COCKTAILS. :D I did a Masters in Philosophy and was always crazy about Sartre, De Beauvoir etc (all that Paris café stuff) and this is written in a very accessible, sometimes funny style. It kept me up half the night anyway, so I shall be reading that. :D The other book I am reading is THE ANCESTOR'S TALE by Richard Dawkins. Fascinating and one of my very special interests, but I got bogged down around 1,000,000,000 years ago, so I am giving my poor brain a break for a while. :laugh: I do also read detective series like sweets, so it's not all brainwork. :D My other thing is psychology, biography, popular science and my "improving books" . :bigsmile: Sometimes I get to read a proper novel, but that's not so often these days. You'd think with all my "improving books" I'd be perfect by now, but the fact that I still need them shows that I am not. >:) One day, perhaps. :*
    I have been looking at books about Narcissistic Personality Disorder, so I can diagnose Allie's Tom with that. Lots of books on Amazon for downloading.

Well, now I am officially sick I shall content myself with reading and naps. I am going to make Spinach and Feta Pie for dinner though.

Lots of love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    Heather~ sure do hope you feel better..and glad you have plans for the day...
    I woke up when Tom left for work.. and could not go back to sleep.. so having a cup of tea and watching the local news..
    working until 5 today and get my paycheck tomorrow, they have gone to bi- weekly paychecks.. will figure out what I have to pay for the next couple weeks, groceries,groomer for the dog etc.. the rest will go into joint account to pay bills..
    I am just trying to keep things together instead of going through another nasty divorce.. but will take things a day at a time..