WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2017

Options

Replies

• suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone had a busy day. I was really busy from 9 til 6. Glad to sit down and read your posts.
    Going to get back to work in the back yard tomorrow.
    Everyone have a great day.
    SueBDew in TX
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    :sad: :sad: :sad: Can't sleep. Got the twitches. :sad:

Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Becca you have a very focused son. Congrats.

I can't believe the change in Olivia. Just to look at her you wouldn't think anything was wrong with her, well except the tube in her nose. Mommy looks so happy.

Well I am watching The Lego movie now. My DVR is almost empty of my interesting movies and shows. But DirectV had a free weekend this weekend.

I don't know what giraffe birth I watched but it wasn't April. She is still in labor.

I hope this video shows up. I thought of all you ladies when I saw it, especially Barbie.https://www.facebook.com/Pflegememes/videos/1400030726684012/?hc_ref=SEARCH Enjoy

Joyce, Indiana, cat on my lap, sleeping snoring husband at my side
  • cbw1958
    cbw1958 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am happy to report due to exercise I was able to stick to my calorie count today...though my food choices could be better...huge problem of mine.

I like the pictures of the shoes for bound feet, I love reading books about that...I would always cringe!

Cathy~UP of MI(snowy)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    total stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 12.54min, 13.6amph, 142mhr, 2.9mi = 130c
    apple watch- 106c
    SPIN CLASS- 31MIN, 74ar, 98aw, 136mhr, 12-13g, 11.3mi = 236c
    apple watch- 222c
    bike ride gym 2 dome train station- 7.06min, 137mhr, 11.9amph, 1.4mi = 65c
    apple watch- 49c
    jog station 2 wk- 5.04min, 10.03min mi, 142ahr, 168mhr, .4mi = 66c
    apple watch- 49c
    jog wk 2 sta- 5.18min, 10.34min mi, 154mhr, .5mi = 92c
    apple watch- c 66c
    bike ride dome 2 hm up Mst - -20.10min, 7.3amph,149mhr, 2.4mi = 197c
    apple watch- 148c

total cal 786
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Aw, you gals are beautiful!

Hugs for Everybody!

Re in TX
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Awe lovely pic Rori and Janetr! Just love you two!
    Glad you had a good visit!
    Becca
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Annr wrote: »
    So I have to brag.. My dear youngest son came home from school today and handed me an award he won. Who has the highest GPA in the Senior class? Yep that's my son! Woohoo!! He rec'd a 4.33. I can't say enough amazing things about him. OK my gushing is done.

You have every right to be a proud Mama. Good job!!!

Janetr okc
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    Options
    :)<3Janet and Rori, you two look beautiful. I am so envious of your opportunity to spend time together.

:) Jake has his regular appointment with the cardiologist in Seattle tomorrow. We have to leave here at 5 AM to catch the right ferry to get us to the appointment before 8:45. I will be up really early to give the dogs a good walk before we go.

1406637ekbdvmwjqm.gif Barbie from chilly NW Washington
  • jbrinker23
    jbrinker23 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone! I truly enjoy reading your posts and celebrating your successes! WOW…I missed a few days and don’t think I will ever get caught up!

Rori and Janetr…you ladies look absolutely stunning!

BarbaraInSarnia…welcome! Right now I’m having a ‘love/hate’ relationship with the scale! We had a get-together with family and friends over the weekend and I’m thinking that “Weigh-In Wednesday” ( A “Biggest Loser” thing that we started after the holidays at the school where I teach) is going to be ugly!

NYKaren…the pictures from Morocco are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing!

Allie…Although I don’t know you personally, I am thinking of you and sending prayers your way. I understand a little of what you are going through, thanks to my first marriage. Stay strong!

Karen in VA…Olivia is precious! What a beautiful little baby! Oh goodness…those eyes!!

Chris in MA…Yikes! Those shoes for bound feet were painful to look at! LOL! I wear a size 10, so I’m thinking that in addition to binding my feet, they’d probably half to cut half of them off!!

Cathy in snowy MI…I’m hoping to retire at the end of next school year as well! What grade level do you teach? I teach a self-contained special education class. I have 2nd, 3rd, and 5th graders. They are quite a group! Love them to pieces!

Annr…Congratulations to your son! That’s quite an accomplishment! Wishing him the very best in his future endeavors!

Joyce, Indiana…great picture of you with your siblings! I would give anything to have brothers and/or sisters! I’m very thankful that I have several “true-blue, life-long besties”---we have literally known each other since birth, grew up together, and still remain in close contact with each other! These 3 ladies and myself have been through it all together! They’re the closest thing to sisters that I have!

Wishing everyone a wonderful evening! Safe travels to all who are travelling, hugs to all who need or could use them! Cheers to all who are meeting goals! To all (myself included) who are struggling right now…stay positive! We can do this! Thanks to all for the motivation and good thoughts!
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    jbrinker, I would give anything to have friends life that. I am a preacher's kid and moved around a lot. I know I had 3 friends in high school but I don't remember their names. Every summer when we were kids we went up to Minnesota to spend the week with his parents. Our cousins were always there. I remain friends with them but not close like my siblings are.

I don't know what keeps April the giraffe from just popping. To me she looks like women do when they have triplets. Can you imagine being pregnant for 150 months????? 9 was hard!!!!

Joyce, Indiana where I am again hooked on watching this poor animal pace her stall.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Everybody looking and sounding good! Prayers for those who aren't. The FB link was hysterical! I hope if I have to be on a walker, I'd have the ability to move around that well.

The first guy on the "Voice" was from Albany, GA ... this area can brag about Cole Swindell (although I don't particularly like him), "Luke Bryan" and a couple of baseball and football ledgens. Maybe we'll have another one. LOL!!!!

Lenora
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Marcelyn: Where did you find the wonderful crab? I need him for my new mascot. :wink:

Joyce: You are not any sort of stupid, plain or fancy. You are a bright woman with a curious mind. If you don't like The Mist you can turn it off. :wink:

Meredith: I'm glad you're past the tough times and finding your "sea legs." Good luck with the move. I hope you're happy in your new place once you've settled in. :flowerforyou:

pitegny: You and I are on common ground when choosing food. I have been feeling great & my doctor is satisfied with my health. I don't show her my menus, though I would if she asked. :star:

Heather: Sleep well. Good sleep helps fight off illness. I hope everything goes well with your house sale. :flowerforyou:

Karen: I'm glad your partner's surgery went well and that Katie and Olivia are both improving daily. :heart:

Sue: I hope you enjoy the WA State Horse Expo. You will be missing some of the worst NW freeways outside of those in Seattle/Tacoma by avoiding I-5 in Portland. I'm curious about the Vancouver event and will see whether I can find information on it. :bigsmile:

Becca: Congratulations to your awesome son on a four point plus GPA! WTG!!! :heart:

JanetR & Rori: You two look wonderful!!! :bigsmile:

I have been eating too many treats and am up a couple of pounds, so now I have to take myself in hand and do what I know is right. I'm still below the goal that MFP set for me in the beginning, but at the moment I'm just barely below. I want to be back at the lower edge of my safety margin. :grumble:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Becca could your brilliant son put the Navy on hold and come here to be a Big Brother? Maybe he would wear off on DGS#1! He is a tribute to your nurturing and loving way with your sons. <3
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Back from our trip to Saskatchewan. Spent the evening skimming through the posts.

Kelly - I am glad you have family with you to celebrate your sister's life. Thanks for the photo of Mama and the future grandbaby.

Karen in Virginia - Continuing to pray for Sweet Olivia. Speedy healing to your partner and I'm sure you will be an excellent nurse.

Beth near Buffalo - I am sorry your DH is facing more surgery. I hope they can alleviate the pain without diminishing his mobility. Backs sure are tricky things.

DJ - Glad that you enjoyed The Legends Show.

Leigh - It's great that you enjoyed your wine get away. Isn't it nice to have a cute Doc?

Allie - Grrrr.....is right! It sounds like he is still trying to control you. I know you are trying to work things out but please take care of yourself first.

Katla - I'm sorry about the loss of a horse. There is just something so special about horses.

NY Karen - It's wonderful that you went to Morocco and enjoyed it.

Chris - The shoes are stunning. The poor Chinese ladies, their feet must have hurt.

Heather - Sorry to hear that there may be some problems with your buyers. I hope it works itself out soon. Hope you feel better soon.

Friday, I was at work at 6 a.m. I had a little pity party because I could not last helping put up the sale. It is not something I am expected to do but I sometimes feel like I'm not pulling my weight. I know that isn't true but....there it is.
    We left for Kindersley in the early afternoon and it snowed off and on the whole way. The diesel is rough for me to ride in but we were taking some things for Larry's brothers. Tonneau cover , etc. I was almost in tears by time we pulled in to the Boston Pizza in Kindersley.
    My steak was terrible, I sent it back 2x then just ate what came out the 3rd time. Still not good. They removed it from the bill. I would much rather have enjoyed my meal and eaten at the same time as Larry.
    Larry's brother looked terrible. He has lost so much weight. He eats standing up. He is either standing up or laying down. No sitting for him as it is too painful. He asked me if there was a private MRI clinic in Lethbridge. I was surprised to find there was when I googled it. He has a few questions before he makes an appointment. Waiting to see when we have guests.

DD is really working away at the public submissions. The current one she is applying to is for the city of St. Albert. Carey, you might be familiar with this. The sculpture is dedicated to the couple that when missing from there. It will be called "Darling" and will need to incorporate their love for nature, each other, family and community.

Ryan, our oldest, is in Mexico. Ryan's Mom decided to take her whole family to Mexico to a private resort called Taninah. It looks beautiful. I hope that spending some happy time together will bring them all some peace and healing over Steve's suicide.

We stopped and had lunch with our nephew who is an RCMP officer. We talked about all kinds of things including mental health issues. He is the same age as our boys. It was a very nice visit.

Our son, Jason, has expressed interest in getting tested to see if he can donate his kidney to his Uncle. I'm not sure how he will afford it if his benefits don't cover it. He is determined to do this if he is a match.

Back to work I go
    -Sharon in Lethbridge
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Doing my final PT stretch as I type... then it's off to sleep for me. Goodnight Beautiful Babes!!

Hugs for Everybody!!

Re in TX
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3