WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2017

Replies

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Karen- OMGoodness Olivia is smiling?! She looks so well and hopefully will continue towards good health!
  • patatina2016
    patatina2016 Posts: 2 Member
    New here. Seems like a supportive and friendly group. Good luck to us all losing weight and feeling healthy. I am a weight watchers drop-out. Didn't like the new approach since Oprah joined. Too much "holistic" babble and no practical support or advice... Will joining this app help??? Wish me luck.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,521 Member
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Patatina ~ Welcome! What shall we call you?
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,326 Member
    Patatina, I too was on WW last year - didn't like the new PC web interface, too many problems. Price was very high, and the community I liked went away. I thought their eating plan was good tho, it seemed to make an attempt at lowering the sugar intake which I think is important. Very easy to transition over to this group, lots of good ideas to change up your eating plan if you wish. Friendly and lots of support as well.

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • jolenec1
    jolenec1 Posts: 110 Member
    Olivia is so sweet. Just a little cherub and her smile is priceless.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Dreamwriter: I've been in love with horses since I was a tiny child and my parents put me on a pony that went in circles on a pony ride, but I've never really gotten to know horses on a personal level until recently. I'm just beginning to get to know a few as individuals. You're right that they are quite special. :star:

Barbie: I love the Washington ferries. It has been a few years since we've had the chance to ride any distance, but there is one that crosses the Columbia River between Westport, OR and Cathlamet, WA. It is a short ride and a small ferry, but enjoyable all the same. I wish there was also one between Woodland and Saint Helens, but there isn't. My cousins live about eight miles away in Vancouver, WA, but we have to drive to Portland or Longview to cross the river if we want to see them. :grumble:

Heather: I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your house sale is still going to go through. The real estate company messing up their home photos is a good reason for them to want a change of companies. I hope the sale of your place is still solid. We've never bought or sold a house using the same real estate company as the buyer of our home or seller of the one we were purchasing. I can't actually imagine one company handling both sides fairly. :noway: I hope you enjoy the meet up with your friends. :smile: Congrats on the insurance payment for your Mexican health problems. YAY!

Lanette: The eggs did finally arrive! Yay! They're divine and all sorts of colors, from white, to pink or green. We buy brown at the grocery store when her eggs aren't available or when we want to hard boil eggs. Her chickens are free range and the eggs are occasionally fertilized so we always want to break them raw to see what is what. Let me know how your egg peeling experiment goes. DH tried something new that was quite fun. He seamed the eggs, then carefully chipped off both ends and blew the egg out of the shell & into his free hand. :bigsmile:

Karen in VA: Love the baby photo. :heart:

Margaret: I'm glad your DH made it through his surgery. I hope the healing goes well. (((HUGS)))

Lillian: Happy Shrove Tuesday. Enjoy your pancakes. This is a new custom to me & it sounds fun. :smiley:

Patatina2016: Weight Watchers system never made a lick of sense to me but my neighbor loved it. There is a lot of support available here and counting calories works if you maintain your self-discipline. Welcome! :flowerforyou:

This is my dog's day to go to the groomer, and I need to leave to get him there in just a few minutes. She is a kind and gentle person and having him groomed saves my relationship with him. I am not patient enough to get the job done. We just have him combed out and his toes done. There no bath or clipping.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." - William James
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,326 Member
    Katla - what breed of dog is your fur-baby? So nice to have someone else do the "squirmy" work of brushing and those nails especially.

Lanette
  • DeniseBarone
    DeniseBarone Posts: 80 Member
    I was making good progress, but I've had a bit of a setback recently. At my lowest, I've hit 151 and would like to reach 145, my wedding day weight. I need to remember how much progress I've made and just focus. Two years ago, I weighed about 12 to 12.5 pounds more than I do today, and last year, I weighed 6 to 6.5 to 7 pounds less than I do today, so I need to remember the progress I've made!
    I was struggling with a cold and couldn't go swimming, which I love to do, but today I think I'm going to get to swim.
    Goal for March. Reach 150.
  • pitegny
    pitegny Posts: 1,006 Member
    Charleen, congratulations on getting off the last of your medications! Well done!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,194 Member
    Karen - Adorable! I so hope she continues to improve. <3

Katla - I think the agent said much the same thing to DH. Not always such a great idea to confuse buyers and sellers. In 1996, when I was moving in the same area of London, the agent had different people in the office handling the sale and the buying. It worked fine. :)

Chilli tonight, from the freezer. With roasted cauliflower. Yummo! I have extra peri peri sauce on mine. :bigsmile:

Absolutely nothing I want to watch on TV tonight. :grumble: I have a detective series recorded so we can binge watch that, but sometimes it stays with me a bit too much when I do that. Not too good for sleep. :* It's set in Brighton where we are moving to. (Hopefully)

Barbie and Margaret - My thoughts are with you. I would always rather deal with myself than with husband's. :p Sending good wishes.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,106 Member
    Stronglift Workout B
    Squats-1X5X 55/65/75/85, 5X5X 95
    OHP- 1X5X45/50, 5X5X 55
    DL- 1X5X95/105/115

Kettlebell Swing
    GobletSquats- 3X5X30
    Russian Kettlebell Swing- 14X10X30

40lbs loss by May 27th Challenge
    Exercise daily and stay under calories.

Barbie - I hope everything goes well at Jake's appointment!

Charleen -congratulations on getting off of all medication! That is a great NSV!
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,748 Member
    Leigh ... I've been to a nutritionist years ago for weight loss. Total waste of time. Skinny little guy who asked me what kept me from losing weight. I told him chocolate. And his response was "I don't get this chocolate thing with women" ... he also didn't get to see me again! Seriously though, you know what is working and we've all been around long enough to know what good nutrition is. I doubt a nutritionist is going to do anything to help you. You're doing spectacularly!

Joyce ...no scary movies here! Last one I saw was Friday the 13th over 30 years ago and it still gives me nightmares.

Karen in VA ...Katie and Olivia look wonderful!

Beth
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,748 Member
    Karen in VA... that's the best Olivia pic yet!

17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Margaret: what hospital, I'm at at joes with mom? Gayle
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Marcelyn: Where did you find the wonderful crab? I need him for my new mascot. :wink:

I googled waiting and looked for a gif. He's the crab from the movie Finding Nemo

Still waiting on baby. She's either 7 or 10 days overdue. The two midwives never agreed on a due date. lol
    It's her 4th baby so it isn't like this is new for her. She's just impatient and at the always uncomfortable stage. She's quite active and walks about 2 - 3 miles a day and keeps up with the other 3 kids so she's plenty active. She told me that she hasn't been able to walk the baby out so maybe she should try sleeping it out. lol

When I finish this wait I get to start the next one in about 6 weeks. Baby waiting is our past-time around here.

Marcelyn
    on #12 watch
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Charleen Getting off meds is a major NSV. Congrats!
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,814 Member
    Hello all: Still snow on the ground but DD made it to work today and we have had just a few very short sunbreaks this morning. Having some mild breathing problems the last couple of days. Don't know what has set this off but not liking it. Missing out on too much exercise but not doing too bad on eating.

KJ - Loved the picture of DD and pi baby. Not long now.

Becca - You deserve to be proud and gush!

Janetr and Rori - Beautiful pictures ladies! Glad you got to meet up.

Marcelyn - that is quite the hobby you have, baby watch.

KarenVA - That is an awesome Olivia pic, such a cute smile.

Charleen - Congratulations on getting off all the meds. That is definitely an NSV!

Take care everyone, Sue in WA