WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2017

Replies

• grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    edited February 2017
    Accountability Post Progress update of my Feb goals.
    Yesterday's Results
    ✔1. Log/COMPLETE the entry daily.
    2. No eating after 9pm.
    ✔3. Fiber 30g daily
    ✔4. Walk 30 active Fitbit min daily.
    5. Declutter ✔️clothes, books, office supplies.
    6. In bed by midnight

We had a late supper last night - ate after 9pm! The kids/grandkids were here to show off grandson's new (to him) car. (He's 16 today!) The visit was longer than expected. DH turned into "Chatty Cathy".

Then we were awake until 3am... for no apparent reason.

I got a lot of household chores done yesterday. My energy level has picked up.

My weight is up 2 lbs this week. 293.4. Fresh new week. I start using our new Bowflex Max Trainer today. We'll see how it goes.

Onward!

-- Ginger in Texas
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Karen - Aww! She's beautiful! Praying she continues improving. ❤
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Karen, Olivia looks like she has gained weight. Yes, she looks more alert. Yeah for the breast milk.

Becca, when was your profile picture taken? There is a big difference in not only your face but your neck line also.

Had PT today. In order for me to be discharged from PT I must be in the choir! Talk about incentive.

Joyce, Indiana
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,786 Member
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,431 Member
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Kate UK <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,636 Member
    evening folks~
    crazy day at work.. thats all I got .....
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    NY KAREN - Sooooooo happy for you! We did the Sahara at sunrise, but not on a camel. Magic.

Well ladies, we have accepted an offer on our house! :drinker: First they upped their offer by 5,000, but we asked for 5, 000 more and they came back with it! :D The downside is the "chain" as they haven't sold their house and are just putting it on the market. However, our vendor's agent was very pleased and we are now getting a survey on the house in Hove. Where the chain will end is anyone's guess. :* Somehow it will all resolve in the end.

Feeling somewhat more optimistic now.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

Congrats! It is a process for sure as we've been through it so many times! Patience!

Cheri
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    ydailey wrote: »

Cheri - I like those "free size" dresses. Were you at Earth Art? Looks like they kind of thing... I love that place.

-Yvonne in TX

Found those in the front of the local Kroger store! I loved the dresses however they were quite see through!

Cheri
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Lenora - here in WA before the sex ed classes are taught parents can review the materials and decide whether they want their kids to attend or not.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Katla – Nope, it was not a Keeshonds. ‘Nuff said.

When our DOGD was just being able to see her Daddy (and DDnL#1) on every other weekend visitation and Wednesdays, the teacher told DDnL#1, that she could ALWAYS tell when she had been ‘with her Mom’ or ‘with them’. She also smelled like the bottom of an ashtray and had asthma so bad that she had an inhaler she carried with her all the time. Since the age of 14 – she’s been with her Daddy. I think one of the ‘many’ reasons that she is moving out of the house is because they all smoke; except for her and her boyfriend. They party all the time; and, leave a big mess in the common area. They will be glad when it is just the 2 of them in a 2-story condo.

They’ll only be there for her final year in college; then, her boyfriend will be applying to go to school to be a PT.

Pip – Sometimes moms can say some of the ‘stupidest things’ and ‘never realize how much it hurts a child’. I can remember my Mother always saying things like, “I was not supposed to get pregnant after Margaret was born (middle sister) because having her almost killed me; and, it might have killed her or the baby or both.” My translation when I was younger was, I wasn’t wanted [although in fact, being a baby of the ‘50’s], it was more like ‘I wasn’t planned’. But, here I am, was a pretty 'sickly' baby - had seizures and she never had to take my temperature. Hit 101.3 I had one. Then she would say, “I wanted to have 6 boys; but, stopped at 3 girls – because they are twice as nice.” BULL! She never wanted 3 boys or 6 children at all. She probably would have been satisfied with an only child. Daddy seemed to try to make up for it by being ‘more demonstrative’. I was definitely a “Daddy’s Girl” … but, he always was nuts over whoever happened to be the ‘baby’. I was the ‘baby’ for the longest period of time during his life. She was the disciplinarian (and what she said went, could not play one against the other). If I ever asked my Daddy for something, he would ask, ‘What did your Mama say’? “Uh, I did not ask her …. Then, go do it and whatever she says goes.” But, like a Mama bear – you had better NOT mess with her children. Even when we lived 25 miles away from them, it was my Daddy who did all the telephoning and dropping in to see his grandsons (or would bring a bushel of peaches when they were ‘in season’). He brought one over the day that I actually went into labor with Will; but, I think almost seeing a neighbor’s child get backed over and running and screaming to get them to stop was what really did it. My DMnL and two neighbors and our babysitter thought I had lost my mind. Later that day I told his Mom that she probably needed to have his ears checked, he never looked up and I was screaming at him and the driver. Banged on the trunk of the car as I grabbed him and his Big Wheel.

Heather – Hope all goes well with the closing on your home. So when you are talking about the “chain” … does that mean they have to sell their house before closing on y’all’s? Hope y’all got a large enough money put in escrow so it they back out, you might be able to keep it.

Becca – You have a very pretty face and a big heart to go along with it. I don’t wear foundation (that makes me very claustrophobic); but, I do wear lipstick (hopefully won’t lick it off before we get where we’re going); cheek cream, eyeliner, mascara, and brows. Mine are very thin. So if I wear lipstick they disappear. You have pretty skin and a bright face. My shaking hands, is getting to the point; that I won’t be able to wear eyeliner for very much longer. DDnL#2 has had her lips and eyeliner ‘tattooed’ on; but, says that DOS does not want her to do it again. She usually takes out her contacts and puts on her glasses, no make-up when they are out at the lake.
    DOGD’s left eyebrow grows funny … hairs straight up. She has them ‘threaded’; but, I don’t know what that is. Supposedly different than having them ‘waxed’. I try to get my ‘waxed’ when I have the $$$ to do so.

Rori – Great NSV - I want to go to Honolulu with you, please!

Karen in Virginia – She does look very alert. Maybe soon she will be able to learn how to suck. I remember when my middle sister came to visit me after having her first child; she got upset about something and didn’t ‘let down’; and baby kept ‘fussing’. I still had milk in my breast; and, took her and she started suckling. When sister calmed down, she took her. She was amazed! Gee, in La Leche League helps with getting Mother to get the baby to suckle, like with preemie babies. Don’t know how active of a LLL they have there wherever she is living.

Joyce – That is ‘incentive’ for sure!

DDnL#1's Granny died early this afternoon, so I guess we will be funeralizing. I am sure that DDnL#1 will expect DOS to take off the next 3 days. Not that there will be anything he can do.

Lenora
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,877 Member
    :)Heather, you have been so patient in waiting for a resolution of your house situation. I know you can continue just as well as it moves on.

:)Rori, congrats on going down another size

:)Karen in Virginia, how great to see that Olivia continues to improve.

:)NYKaren, happy to see that your trip to Morocco is going so well.

<3 Barbie in beautiful drizzly NW Washington where the dogs and I have enjoyed two long walks
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    Tried a Next Level class. I’d forgotten how much I sweat and drink water in exercise classes down here. I know it’s because of the humidity. I’ll try a HIIT class tomorrow. I did find that I think I may go to the Y early and take my tablet, use the treadmill or elliptical until the time of the class. I can listen to one of the books that I downloaded.

After exercising went to Aldi and stocked up on food for us for the next few weeks. Well…I’ll probably wind up going back there before we leave. Then Vince and I went to WalMart. Came back and got dinner ready then went to Verizon to upgrade our data usage. Yesterday Vince got a message that we were close to our limit. Huh? We’ve never had this happen before. Well, the thing is that Windows 10 automatically updates and that’s what used up all the data. We disconnected that feature when we’re using the Hotspot.

Joyce – so glad you got to church and that your sister is doing so much better. I did an hour of Lower Body pilates yesterday and totally didn’t realize that it was Sunday so I missed church. Oh well…

Lenora – I never heard of using artificial sweetener on a burned roof of mouth. Learn something new every day. So sorry to hear about dil’s granny

Welcome everyone new

Hard boiling eggs right now. Doing it the old fashioned way, there’s no pressure cooker down here. I had a microwave pressure cooker, but it didn’t do a good job on the eggs. I’ll probably take that back with me and donate it to the Salvation Army. I also found a double boiler, but not the pan that it goes to so I’ll take that back with me, too. Glad I'd brought down an egg tray with me a while ago. I'll keep the hard boiled ones in the egg tray.

We had lunch out today, went to the Grill at the bowling alley. It’s really a nice place, more upscale than most other bowling alleys. Had the veg burger, only lettuce, tomato onion and mustard. Had only water to drink.

Making a list of things that I need to bring down here. Put on the summer PJ’s that I have down here and the waist is REALLY big. I know that I haven’t lost THAT much. I’m sure what happened is that over the years the elastic stretched out. I’ll take them home and see if I can’t put in different elastic (have to look up how to do it –need to refresh my memory). It’s not like it’s something that has to look fantastic.

Rita – YEA for selling the pickup

NYKaren – Morocco sounds amazing. Thanks for sharing with us

Heather – congrats on that offer!

Rori – wow! Pretty soon you’ll be in 8’s

Karen – Olivia is so amazingly beautiful. She looks like a real fighter.

Michele from NC where the sun is shining in FL
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Good evening friends. Took some notes this weekend but it seems like they are old news now.
    Mary-your twins are adorable.
    Rori- great news on the smaller jean size.
    Heather - crossing my fingers that the sale goes through quickly. Your red dress is beautiful.
    Sarah- wish you could be outside in your yard or down here helping me!! A friend shared some seeds that she has collected so now I have more work to do.
    Ready for cruise- so where are you going on your cruise.
    Cary- love the quote.
    Tracie -whoa!!! Chest pains are a warning sign. Take care of you. When my doctors work on their computers their biggest problem is signing into the system.
    Joyce-hope your sister continues to mprove.
    Kim-thanks for update on Sherry.

That's all I know!!
    SueBDewin TX