Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    Q
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,108 Member
    Options
    Lanette- thanks for the muffin in the cup recipe! I have a similar one and it is fantastic to make an Egg McMuffin with! I like your addition of the sweetener and cinnamon. I will try that. I love cinnamon toast!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Karen <3 Olivia <3
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    B)
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    :)
  • pipcd34
    Options
    r
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Stronglift Workout B
    Squats-1X5X 55/65/75/85, 5X5X 95
    OHP- 1X5X45/50, 5X5X 55
    DL- 1X5X95/105/115
    New high on my squats since my deload for not hitting parallel last year.

Kettlebell Swing
    GobletSquats- 3X5X30
    Russian Kettlebell Swing- 13X10X30

40lbs loss by May 27th Challenge
    Exercise daily and stay under calories.

Keto 3 Week Challenge February 5th-25th
    I love this way of eating! Prepping for a re-feed at the end of the three weeks. Researching information on doing this properly. Plan on staying with this eating style for a few months. A re-feed is supposed to help with building/not losing muscle depending on if you are eating at a deficit or not.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Off to see the wizard!
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

Sure enough, I put on four pounds with last week's cold. Too much orange juice and not enough exercise. I expect it'll disappear soon enough, but I sure hate to see that weekly number go up instead of down! On the other hand, last week's loss was bigger than anticipated too, so I may have just hit the extremes of a little fluctuation.

coachredhead - Welcome back to MFP, and welcome to the group!

Karen - What a beautiful photo of mom and baby! So glad Olivia is well enough to get that "skin time." She is definitely looking stronger.

Ginger - I had my optician make me a pair of glass with the lower part of my bifocal prescription only. So I have a pair dedicated solely to reading, mostly in bed.

Joyce - So sorry your sister has had MRSA. My mom got it in the hospital when they put in her chemo port, and it was a factor every time she needed a procedure for the rest of her life. Once it's there, it's the devil to get rid of.

Sue - Thanks for the funny story about your Arabian! She must be getting bored!

Sarah - Thanks. I'm not close with the uncle, and I'm at peace with him being "who he is." But I feel for my cousins, and it pains me that it's so hard for my dad. He just moved into a senior community last year, then lost his lady friend. Wish I could hold back the bad news for awhile, but he's gotten to the age where there's just a lot of loss to deal with.

sharontank - Welcome! Sounds like you're on the right track... I always remind myself that things are probably going to hurt whether I sit in my chair or get up and move, so I may as well get up and move.

Tere - I guarantee you can be a sexy grandma with white dreadlocks. I have a friend about my age who wears hers in short dreads and it is absolutely stunning.

Edo - Welcome to the pool!

Lanette - Thanks for the muffin recipe! I especially like the baking mix idea.

Cheri - Congratulations on reaching a new low! ;D

Well, Dad is off to New Orleans this morning. My sister was able to take time off and drive him. He's been having a hard time getting consistent answers from Uncle R's sons... I don't know if one boy is more optimistic than the other, or if things are changing fast, or what. Anyhow, the latest answer is the Uncle is being transferred to hospice, and it doesn't sound like it'll be long. I'm really glad Dad decided to go.

-Yvonne in TX
  • pipcd34
    Options
    S
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    Popping in to say that I finally made one of those cauliflower pizza crusts! It was fantastic! I made it according to the recipe on my niece's facebook post. I don't have a food processor so I hand grated a head of fresh uncooked cauliflower, drained the water/juice from it (I formed it into balls and really squeezed that water out!), added 3 eggs, 1/2 cup of parmesan, 1/2 cup of mozzarella, garlic, salt, pepper, basil (season to taste). Spread this mixture out onto parchment paper to form a crust about 1/5-1/4" thick. The thinner, the crispier. Bake at 425F for 15 minutes, pull out and top with whatever toppings you choose and bake for another 10 minutes. SO....YUMMY!! That's all I have right now. Karen- Such wonderful news about baby Olivia <3 !! Mary- Forgot to mention how big the twins have gotten! Such sweet little girls!
    Memorial for my sister is this weekend. Once we get past that; we are on "baby watch"! Our little pi-boy is due in three weeks!! For you new girls, this is our first grandchild. We call him "pi-boy" because his due date is March 14, (mathematical pi is 3.14159...) gotta fly baby in front of me getting fussy! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Kelly Thanks, the girls are doing great with such a rough start! Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I watched a video on how to make the cauliflower pizza crust and they suggest to place the cauliflower in a nonstick pan on a low to medium setting and cook the moisture out of it.

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Did 30 min on treadmill at 3.5mph. I went a little slower trying to figure out this treadmill. The plan for tomorrow is to take the HIIT class (hopefully, it’ll be something different from the other day) then a Power Core class (which I figure is probably only about 15minutes, then if I have time a yoga class.

After exercising went to Publix, want to try their grapefruit, then bought gas, then a frame for the picture I painted. Went into the Y and it was cloudy, came out an it was POURING. I got so soaked that I needed to dry off my body, change from shorts to pants and dry my shirt.

Kate – those sure are fancy leggins! I’d go cross-eyed

Welcome everyone new!

Karen in VA – yea for no more dialysis for Olivia! What a wonderful miracle she is

I was so tired from running in the rain and up and down the steps of the condo that I took a short nap. We do most of our cooking in the condo, so I can regulate how much of which foods I have

Lovely Becca – congrats on your strong willpower

I brought cookies down here with me but I’m thinking that I may just keep them in a tin we have, mainly so that they are out of sight. The brownies I brought are in foil so I don’t see them every time I walk past the food pantry.

Cheri – congrats on the loss

KJ –isn’t cauliflower crust delish? I always seem to need to extract more water. I do use cheesecloth (or something like that). How did you get yours out?

Michele from NC now in rainy FL but it’ll get sunny another day
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Karen Olivia sure is a fighter. I am so glad to hear about her improvement.
    Cheri congrats!
    Re Oh no - glad you weren't let go but now more work for you :/ Congrats on your new low.

Just wondering if anyone has had this experience. My right thumb has been numb for about 2 months now, just from the tip down to the first crease. I read that it could be related to carpal tunnel. I am wearing a wrist brace as apparently it can be from a nerve problem. Any suggestions for natural treatment? Thank you.

Take care everyone. <3 Sarah, Ontario
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options