Things people do that annoys you in the gym.

Replies

• kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    We have a sink at our gym for water refills. People throw their chewing gym there. I can't imagine why grown adults do such a thing. These kind of things little children do. No wonder most gyms are in a bad state.
  • KimberlyCapone
    KimberlyCapone Posts: 42 Member
    *kitten* coffee. There is a little lounge area and these two chicks fill up their little styrofoam cups and get on the treadmill. Tell me you're getting a good workout in while trying not to spill your 6 oz. coffee. GTFO.
  • julesdechaine
    julesdechaine Posts: 138 Member
    Last night my boyfriend walked into the sauna and did an immediate about face when some guy was completely naked and spread eagle. Later, I was in the women's sauna which butts up to the men's area and I couldn't tell you why a man was moaning as loud as he could. It's not THAT hot, dude.
  • powerplaymsu
    powerplaymsu Posts: 131 Member
    I am OCD about putting stuff back where it goes. If I miss a day a the gym I pick all the attachment pieces for the cables. Why people cant put the rope back where it says rope is beyond me. Also we have benches and other spots where weights are racked. People can't seem to grasp that if you take the 45's from this bench and move them to the squat rack and leaving none at the bench that I may need that. Also one even smaller issue...the 2 1/2, five, ten twenty five, thirty five and forty five pound weights go together with each other. So if you put the ten pound weight with the thirty five pound weight and move all 10 2 1/2 pound weights that we have to one bench... WTF people, can't you just put them where you found them and where it makes sense????

Thanks for listening. I missed the gym this am....F
  • ButterIsGood
    ButterIsGood Posts: 201 Member
    1. When people don't wipe their sweat especially when they leave a pool of it.
    2. When people stare me down waiting for a machine I'm using...
    3. When people stare at me when I'm working out...
    4. People who make odd workouts when they can just stick to basics and get the same results.. ( ex. This female was doing bear crawls on the treadmill)
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    The overly obnoxious grunting.
  • ryan_powerlifter
    ryan_powerlifter Posts: 115 Member
    I hate it when people dont curl in the squat rack. you get so much more gains that way
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    I hate it when people dont curl in the squat rack. you get so much more gains that way

@ryan_powerlifter

Even worse is when people squat in the texting rack.

.... or are actually doing pull-ups when they should be taking selfies.
  • Liftingat58
    Liftingat58 Posts: 508 Member
    Walk around the locker room butt *kitten* naked while talking to another member! Cover dat *kitten* up then shoot they *kitten* all you want!
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    3lTony wrote: »
    People listening to there music on speaker like seriously? nobody wants to listen to your music

Worse people listening to "inspirational" preaching on speaker!
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    I don't like when people wear perfume or cologne to the gym.
  • snowprincess502
    snowprincess502 Posts: 103 Member
    What annoys me at the gym is someone getting on a cardio machine right next to you when other machines are open. People not cleaning the machine after using it.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    What annoys me at the gym is someone getting on a cardio machine right next to you when other machines are open. People not cleaning the machine after using it.

It doesn't bother me in the least if someone hops onto a cardio machine right next to me when others are available (this happens on occasion, no worries)

I just think that they want to be in clear view of a specific program on one of the many televisions dangling from the ceiling (sports, news etc.) or maybe they just have a favorite machine (for whatever reason).

I agree, not cleaning up after one's self, especially in a gym setting, is incredibly poor form. Heck, I wipe down cardio gear before I use it and after I use it.
  • purple4sure05
    purple4sure05 Posts: 287 Member
    When someone goes back and forth between two machines and feels like they should have exclusive access to both for the entire time.
  • StormToday
    StormToday Posts: 46 Member
    When people stand behind me on the treadmill waiting for me to finish.

Like b*tch this ain't the swing sets go do something else so I can finish my run.

And I think it's annoying at any point to ask how many sets left. There's other things to do at the gym so go do them and keep an eye out. I don't like people talking to me when I workout it takes me out of my zone and if someone asked me if feel rushed.

Although this had never happened to me it's how I'd feel. 🤷
  • kaizaku

I know what you mean.
  • kaizaku
    I don't like when people wear perfume or cologne to the gym.

Some come with heavy make up, jewelry. As though they going to the club.
  • anicole144
    anicole144 Posts: 125 Member
    gothchiq wrote: »
    I am really not fond of people who leave the machines sweaty and janky. Clean that mess off. Our gym has sanitizer and paper towels everywhere for the purpose ffs. I also hate people sitting on machines playing with their cell phones. USE the machine or get off of it!

I totally agree...
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Throwing the weights, in a small gym like they are on Venice Beach. I've just left before when I spot one of the guys I know does this. He and his buddy have ruined the floor and yet still has a membership.
  • anicole144
    anicole144 Posts: 125 Member
    I hate seeing those people that never wipe their sweat off the machines. I also hate when people don't put their weights up when they are done using them. That can cause someone to fall, it looks messy, and sometimes other can't put it up or move it because it may be to heavy.