What am I doing wrong?

2»

Replies

• Sam29a
    Sam29a Posts: 201 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    If you are feeling like you are a slave to your food scale, perhaps a little break is in order. As I said in my earlier post, maybe you need to reconsider your goal weight. Why did you choose it? There is no way around the fact that for most people, it will be a struggle to get to the very low end of their healthy weight range. I'll reiterate that you may want to think about raising your goal weight and looking into recomp. 120 lbs with some muscle might look and feel better than 110 without it, and be easier to maintain.

I'm going abroad next week and will be away for a few months. I have decided not to take my food scale with me. I plan on only eating fruit, vegetables, beans, lentils, oats and other wholesome foods. I will also try more strength training exercises, however, I won't have access to the gym until I get back.

A few years ago I was 108 and I loved being that weight. On my height, that is a good weight. I've been much less when I was younger, at one point I was 90lbs, but that is no longer my aim! I wouldn't know where to begin in regards to gaining muscle.
  • JohnnyPenso
    JohnnyPenso Posts: 412 Member
    Sam29a wrote: »
    I'm going abroad next week and will be away for a few months. I have decided not to take my food scale with me. I plan on only eating fruit, vegetables, beans, lentils, oats and other wholesome foods. I will also try more strength training exercises, however, I won't have access to the gym until I get back.

A few years ago I was 108 and I loved being that weight. On my height, that is a good weight. I've been much less when I was younger, at one point I was 90lbs, but that is no longer my aim! I wouldn't know where to begin in regards to gaining muscle.
    If you don't have access to a gym that's no problem. Squats, split squats, pushups, crunches, dips, lifting household objects can all work to help build muscle. Do a little research on bodyweight exercises and put a routine together for yourself. A gym is absolutely not a necessity for gaining muscle.

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Totally unrelated to weight loss, but you say that prepped food is unpalatable. For lunch today I had garlic lime chicken, quinoa with pine nuts and wilted kale and steamed carrots. It was quite delicious and I cooked it last Sunday. I do nearly all cooking on the weekends.
  • ceeana
    ceeana Posts: 4 Member
    Try eating Whole Foods, it will give you nutrients that will help keep you fuller and thus won't feel the need to eat more.

So food with fiber (oatmeal) and protein will keep you fuller longer than the equivalent amount of calories of processed food.