Is there anyone else here who can eat a whole loaf of bread?

124»

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited April 2017
    I baked a 1 lb loaf of seeded wheat bread last Saturday and 14 grams remain. When that's gone, I'll have eaten the whole (small) loaf in a week.

When it's fresh and warm, I cut off one end, weigh it, and add a few carefully weighed grams of Sola Stella olive oil to make the gastronomic highlight of my Saturday.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    newmeadow wrote: »
    ccsernica wrote: »
    I'm being misunderstood...

I'm not saying there are no good breads

Yeah, you kinda did.

What are you and RuNaRoUnDaFiEld? In house counsel for the Quality Bakers of America Cooperative Incorporated?

Is this a real job? Does it involve eating bread? I may have missed my calling. :laugh:

Yes, please post the address here so I can send in my resume.
  • surreychic
    surreychic Posts: 117 Member
    my husband looks on with amazement, he has o force himself to have a slice of the seeded stuff as he sees it as healthy....as do I , but what it is it that makes me want to eat the lot... it's worse than chocolate!

We are all different I guess. Thank you for all sharing it made me feel so much better I'm not a bread eating monster (or maybe no a lonely bread eating monster)...
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    It's not the carbs nor the fat...

It's the chemicals, preservatives, pesticides and herbicides, dyes, sweeteners, artificial flavors, "natural" flavors (why won't just say what it is), oils, sodium and other crap they don't mind poisoning us with so they can sell a more addictive, cheaper product.

Sigh.

Bread will not harm you and has no chemicals in it that will hurt you. They are not poisoning us.

Where did I put my tin hat?

Wow, what a prick :D

I've been called worse at times :wink:

I just don't like the BS that certain foods are poison and as for addictive!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    newmeadow wrote: »
    ccsernica wrote: »
    I'm being misunderstood...

I'm not saying there are no good breads

Yeah, you kinda did.

What are you and RuNaRoUnDaFiEld? In house counsel for the Quality Bakers of America Cooperative Incorporated?

Nope just correcting some BS

Although if they have any UK jobs and can beat my current salary and benefits :wink:
  • debbiedavis1965
    debbiedavis1965 Posts: 23 Member
    Oh my gosh!!!!! I could eat my weight in bread! I try not to eat it at all. I know it's my weakness
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Not bread but cookies. Thick, chunky 350cals a cookie cookies. They come in packs of 5 and I'll eat all of them. I also don't have a child so no excuse really.

If it's a problem then you've identified it and can manage it, that's 75% of the battle right there. Just don't beat yourself up, these things happen. Just get back on the horse and it'll sort itself out.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Freshly baked straight from the oven - that bread is the one I have real issues in resisting. I think I really could eat the whole loaf, but have so far managed to stop at two slices
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    You know how when you go to a nice steak house or Italian restaurant they bring out the basket of warm bread and little plate of soft butter? <3>:)
  • kavahni
    kavahni Posts: 313 Member
    Totally can do this. Eat a fresh loaf, I mean. I admire the people who divvy a loaf up putting it in the freezer for later consumption, or who "hide" it in order to stay out of it. All I would do is to obsess on it, thinking about all the possibilities. Finally I'd just pull out twice as much as I'd have eaten if I'd just eaten some in the first place. Babies DO NOT help! They are the devil's imps in this regard.
  • TwntyOnePointTwo
    TwntyOnePointTwo Posts: 22 Member
    With a bit of butter yes;without no.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    The only kind of bread that I would even WANT to eat a whole loaf of is fresh, warm and home baked. Otherwise, gross! Most bread that can be bought in the store is pretty sad, IMO. Even from the bakery. I guess if it was brand new out of the oven fresh from a bakery it might be tempting, but for the most part, I wouldn't be sad if I never had it again. But I CAN get a little crazy with cherries. During cherry season, it's best if people keep any cherries they don't want eaten hidden far away from me...OMG...cherry season is coming... :D